First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2018 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Psychiatric Nurse
Congrats on your order. I also came from a KL Trailhawk. I've had no issues with steering, welds or wind noise. All three of those "issues" are coming from a very vocal minority here on this forum. I will say that there's less creature comforts than a KL, and the Rubi doesn't have the "set it and forget it" snow/rock/sand modes, but I'll trade all of that for the most capable, best Wrangler yet. If you've got any questions, shoot me a PM.
There'll definately be a learning curve, I'll miss the, as you said, "set it and forget it" the Cherokee is amazing in the snow but I'm sure the Rubicon will be too (when I learn how to use it)
Sponsored

GOJeep

First Name
Gaby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 JLUR Hella Yella with all the trimmings
Occupation
Legal Operations
New to the forum but not to Jeeps. I'm from Ontario, Canada (Near Cobourg), currently drive a '14 JK Sahara Unlimited in Ocean Plue Pearl and I ordered a '19 JLUR Hella Yella on Oct 3rd. Cold Weather group, Tow Package, Navigation, Safety Package, LEDs, Steel Bumpers, Off road tires, Leather seats, Soft-top only (haven't used the Sahara Hardtop in last 3 winter seasons so thought I would save the money this go around), and I cannot wait!!

My order sat at D1 status (all parts available and ready to be built) from Oct 9 to Nov 22nd. Found out it was in F (Paint) this week (Nov 22nd) and so it's now moving through the production line. Not sure how long each stage after that takes, seems a little unpredictable from what I've seen. I think it goes to inspection and then waits for shipping once the rail car is full. Dealer has had little to no information for me but the Jeep.com live chat have been helpful and willing to look up status using my VIN and my address. They no longer seem concerned about providing info to Canadians (seems early on if you gave a Canadian address they shut you down and said they couldn't help).

Anyway - hi to all you fellow Canucks. Hope to update my Avatar soon with the real thing :)

Any other Canadians received a JL19 yet? If so - what was your timing like?

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
New to the forum but not to Jeeps. I'm from Ontario, Canada (Near Cobourg), currently drive a '14 JK Sahara Unlimited in Ocean Plue Pearl and I ordered a '19 JLUR Hella Yella on Oct 3rd. Cold Weather group, Tow Package, Navigation, Safety Package, LEDs, Steel Bumpers, Off road tires, Leather seats, Soft-top only (haven't used the Sahara Hardtop in last 3 winter seasons so thought I would save the money this go around), and I cannot wait!!

My order sat at D1 status (all parts available and ready to be built) from Oct 9 to Nov 22nd. Found out it was in F (Paint) this week (Nov 22nd) and so it's now moving through the production line. Not sure how long each stage after that takes, seems a little unpredictable from what I've seen. I think it goes to inspection and then waits for shipping once the rail car is full. Dealer has had little to no information for me but the Jeep.com live chat have been helpful and willing to look up status using my VIN and my address. They no longer seem concerned about providing info to Canadians (seems early on if you gave a Canadian address they shut you down and said they couldn't help).

Anyway - hi to all you fellow Canucks. Hope to update my Avatar soon with the real thing :)

Ordered august 5th got mine october 15th. good luck. the more options you order the longer it will take.

Damwinniez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR (ordered)

Order was placed for mine on September 12th. Initially it was supposed to be a 2018 but changed to 2019. It's been in KZ for over 2 weeks now and still no news of when I'll see the colour of my jeep. I got a loaded JLUR. The only info I'm getting from the dealership is that my Jeep is still in Toledo, released by the plant, but still not on the train on its way to Canada.

Any one know of a canadian 2019 JL that was delivered?

GOJeep

First Name
Gaby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 JLUR Hella Yella with all the trimmings
Occupation
Legal Operations
Order was placed for mine on September 12th. Initially it was supposed to be a 2018 but changed to 2019. It's been in KZ for over 2 weeks now and still no news of when I'll see the colour of my jeep. I got a loaded JLUR. The only info I'm getting from the dealership is that my Jeep is still in Toledo, released by the plant, but still not on the train on its way to Canada.

Any one know of a canadian 2019 JL that was delivered?
I ordered mine in Cobourg, Ontario on October 3rd and picked it up Dec 7 so they are definitely starting to arrive. 2019 JLUR.

Sponsored

Damwinniez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR (ordered)
I ordered mine in Cobourg, Ontario on October 3rd and picked it up Dec 7 so they are definitely starting to arrive. 2019 JLUR.
Lucky man! Now Jeep is telling me it's in Windsor going through some kind of inspection and that from Windsor it usually take 1 or 2 weeks to get to the dealer. My dealership is still seeing it in Toledo haha.
Lets just hope I get it by christmas! Fingers crossed.

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
HI Everyone!
Just saying HI! I'm new to the forum.
I purchased/received my JL Rubicon Unlimited in Ocean Blue in August. I previously had '15 JK Hydro Blue Sahara Unlimited.

I live west of Montreal, so if there any "local" peeps...Hello!! :like:

Is there a separate string for "things for sale" as I just swapped out the rock rails for Go Rhino steps! ....so I have some Rock Rails for sale!! :)

Happy Holidays to everyone and to many ongoing conversations!

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
HI Everyone!
Just saying HI! I'm new to the forum.
I purchased/received my JL Rubicon Unlimited in Ocean Blue in August. I previously had '15 JK Hydro Blue Sahara Unlimited.

I live west of Montreal, so if there any "local" peeps...Hello!! :like:

Is there a separate string for "things for sale" as I just swapped out the rock rails for Go Rhino steps! ....so I have some Rock Rails for sale!! :)

Happy Holidays to everyone and to many ongoing conversations!
Hi and welcome.
There is a market place but nothing local or by country like on some other forums.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/member-marketplace.50/

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Newer member checking in here. Congratulations to everyone who have their JL's. Been browsing the forums and some good looking vehicles around.

Sooo! I had a pleasant problem ordering my 19 JLUR. Went in to see a dealer about trading the 15 JKR for a JL. He came up with a fair trade and I went home and spoke to my wife about my idea. Now she drives the JKR a lot of the time so her reaction was priceless; "No way you're trading MY Jeep in for another one. You want one get rid of YOUR van and go get your own Jeep!" Not sure when the van became mine but of course I couldn't argue with her and had to just say "Yes Dear" and go order my own. :angel:

Anyway, back to the dealer with the van. Trade agreed and ordered on Dec 22 with confirmation VON on Monday Dec 24th. Now the waiting...... Ahhh well, the things we do for love. :involve:

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Kamloops, BC - Just recently decided to buy my first wrangler, and am trying to do all the research I can for my purchase (probably will happen sometime after September, finances need aligning first....). Super excited because this will be my first Brand New car purchase!!

Sponsored

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Kamloops, BC - Just recently decided to buy my first wrangler, and am trying to do all the research I can for my purchase (probably will happen sometime after September, finances need aligning first....). Super excited because this will be my first Brand New car purchase!!
Welcome. I just took delivery of mine on Saturday so am playing around and getting used to all the bells and whistles. So different to my wife's JKR. A lot more electronics but also so much smoother. I have the 8-spd and am loving it so far. Do yourself a favour and include Remote Proximity Entry when you do order. That is one thing I regret not getting now. You will see so many different opinions on the forums that it will feel like your head is about to explode but they are an excellent resource. :like:

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Haha, thanks! Iā€™m thinking about it, but I know some people who are fairly tech savvy and have told me that apparently the remote entry cars are actually fairly easy to steak/break into with the right equipment and know how.... so personally Iā€˜m a bit on the fence about it....

One thing about this whole deal is that I am definitely not mechanically inclined, so Iā€˜m on a steep learning curve about all of the mechanical features (sway bars disconnects? Who is Dana [jk - sorta....] ? Anti- spin differential axels???) of the varying models so that I can figure out what is best for me.... I really *want* a 4 door, but they add on about 5k to purchase price, so there is a lot of learning & thinking for me to do right now between now and the fall!

Lastly, as a Canadian, I am feeling a little jipped at the build & price site compared to the American, as I just found out last night that as you build the car, you actually get decent photos of interior and exterior, which is nice....

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Haha, thanks! Iā€™m thinking about it, but I know some people who are fairly tech savvy and have told me that apparently the remote entry cars are actually fairly easy to steak/break into with the right equipment and know how.... so personally Iā€˜m a bit on the fence about it....

One thing about this whole deal is that I am definitely not mechanically inclined, so Iā€˜m on a steep learning curve about all of the mechanical features (sway bars disconnects? Who is Dana [jk - sorta....] ? Anti- spin differential axels???) of the varying models so that I can figure out what is best for me.... I really *want* a 4 door, but they add on about 5k to purchase price, so there is a lot of learning & thinking for me to do right now between now and the fall!

Lastly, as a Canadian, I am feeling a little jipped at the build & price site compared to the American, as I just found out last night that as you build the car, you actually get decent photos of interior and exterior, which is nice....
I know what you mean about the theft concern. That was one of the reasons I did not get it but in retrospect if someone wants your vehicle badly enough to go to the trouble of getting the right equipment needed and then to sit and watch you so that they can scan the frequencies of your fob as you get near the vehicle is organized enough to take it anyway. I discovered really quickly with the push button start that without an ignition to put the key in, the act of taking the fob out to unlock the doors and then put it away only to take it out again to lock the doors is quite redundant now. I can live with it but the remote proximity entry would just have made it simpler.

MO JEEPO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Good Day fellow cunucks... chiming in from Toronto here...
This Jeep thing has become an addiction even before its arrived...after a long test drive I pulled the trigger and ordered a 19 JLUR almost fully loaded in Mojito.

Ordered March 12
VIN: March 15
D1 Status March 20

I got the bug to say the very least this forum has been awesome way to source info and parts.
My pockets are feeling the pinch now on the way....

BFG A/T k02 315/70/R17
Mopar Beadlocks Wheels
Simulated wheel rings powder-coated in Mojito
Gorilla Black Lugs
Mopar tailgate reinforcement kIt
Max 3 SLP Hoop
Max 3 Low Plate Mount
Mopar Satin Black Grille
JL Rail Phone Mount
17" Shorty Antenna
Quadratec Softbond UV Silver Full Cover
Covercraft LeBra Premium Nose Bra

Should be a great season coming up !!

Last edited:

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Spring too all my Canadian Brothers and Sisters. Love this Forum and Love my Jeep. It has been 9 months now and many upgrades later.
Have had a couple of problems. Steering is getting worse. Going in for service next week. Hoping Steering will improve. Death wobble when I hit a pothole is a lot worse now with 8000 kms on my Jeep.
Always looking to meet fellow jeepers or attend any jeep events. So if you have a big event this summer let me know. Maybe we can get a group of fellow Canadians together and convoy down to a big American event like Jeep Beach Daytona 2020.

IMG_0335.JPG
Sponsored