Roll Call Canadians

JeepVirgin

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Hey guys! Another Winnipegger here! I'm new to this forum and Jeep as well. I ordered my first 2 dr Sport S 23 Feb from Waverley Chrysler. I'm being patient and not bugging my sales guy. I really hope I have it by July...
Sponsored

Pistnbroke

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Hello JeepVirgin. I would at least call your sales person to get an updated ETA on your build. Ask them for your VIN # as well. They should have that info.
I ordered at the beggining of April and found out yesterday that they will start building my JLUR around May 17th. I too am hoping to have it by the beginning of July (fingers crossed).

techie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited 2014 and Rubicon JL Unlimited 2018
Another option is to call the Jeep Chat line. I found with the chat function they would ask for an address and not help Canadians but calling them on the phone they never asked and were pretty nice.

JeepVirgin

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
I'll do that, thank you both for the info. If I find out anything encouraging, I'll let you know. I'm also hoping they've resolved the weld problem. It's going up on a hoist and my friend who's a car guy will be checking out the underside before they get the cheque from me.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Hey guys! Another Winnipegger here! I'm new to this forum and Jeep as well. I ordered my first 2 dr Sport S 23 Feb from Waverley Chrysler. I'm being patient and not bugging my sales guy. I really hope I have it by July...
Bug them. It's their job to keep you informed. Not sure if you are aware about the 2dr rollout fiasco, but they only started building them on April 9 in very small numbers. Over the past week, production has ramped up so yours could very well be scheduled by now, and there's a small chance it may have been built. The only remaining scheduling issues regard 2dr orders that include the Premium Soft Top or the Trail Rail kit. If you don't have either of those two options, you shouldn't be too far away from getting your JL.

Sponsored

JeepVirgin

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Yes, I did read about the production delays. I'm getting the hard top and no Trail Rail kit. Does anyone have any concerns about the weld issue? I'm sure FCA is aware of the guy who lost control on the hwy and has improved quality control, I hope...

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have any concerns about the weld issue?
Not really. I've read all of the threads on this issue and I admit the track bar weld failure was scary. However, I'm not seeing evidence of a systemic problem since that specific issue appears to be a one-off. For the rest, they are few in number and an apparent expert recently weighed in on one set of photos pointing out that they were misinterpreted and not evidence of a problem. I won't be concerned unless a repeated, expert verified, weld issue is confirmed and I'm not seeing that.

jlnoob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Hey all, got my Sahara JLU a few weeks back and have already been out with it. Live out near Vancouver, BC.

TIme for some upgrades after my last trip to Jones Lake (near Hope, BC). Lift and tires me thinks. :)

2018-05-06_22-13-44.png

2018-05-06_22-15-53.png

JeepVirgin

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
My salesman called today with an update. Apparently, my ship date is 29 May, then he said don't hold your breathe... I said I was hoping for July, so if it happens to arrive in June, bonus! My main concern is that I get it before anything else falls off my 9 yr-old VW! lol

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My salesman called today with an update. Apparently, my ship date is 29 May, then he said don't hold your breathe..
The ship date for me was relatively accurate. It means the date your build is finished and shipped out of the factory and not the date that delivery starts. In my case, the ship date was off by three days. Since then, it's been 5 days waiting to get loaded onto a rail car. Once that happens, it only takes around a week to get to Winnipeg. Current ETA is 5/16-5/20. I'll find out soon enough if that holds.
My main concern is that I get it before anything else falls off my 9 yr-old VW! lol
Speaking of which, this is what happened to my JK key this morning. The metal shaft just fell out as I pulled my keychain out of my pocket. I think it's trying to tell me it's time for it to become someone else's problem.

IMG_0049.jpg

Sponsored

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All Glad to see so many Canadians My name is Rick from Barrie Ont.. I ordered a Loaded Punk n metallic JLU Rubicon. 2 weeks ago so i think i still have a long wait. Already been shopping, Got a new winch and a set of new rims, Can not decide between 35s and 37s Got a Rough Country budget lift i picked up today . Will have to up grade when more lifts are available. Tomorrow i have to order a front bumper from LOD.
And now i just have to pick a dang tire. My wife is starting to think this new jeep is making me nuts, Staying up till 3am staring at Jeeps online,, Wondering around the house mumbling all day about tires and if size really matters.

Well sorry i got lost there Hello again and hope to see you on a trail oneday

techie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited 2014 and Rubicon JL Unlimited 2018
After the longest 10 weeks ever i picked up my ocean blue Rubicon last night. It's awesome and worth the wait!

Brickwall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road
Stop him to have a chat... Were you driving the police cruiser in front? ;)
lol he was more than a little confused at first
Sponsored