2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I have zero illustrator skills.. or what ever program is used to make those.

Could you have some more made? Would pay of course.

Sponsored

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
We just ordered our new 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JLJP74) this past weekend. Our dealer, Maple Ridge Chrysler in Maple Ridge, BC is supposed to send us a copy of the order details but I'm still waiting 4 days later. I hope this is not an indicator of what's coming with respect to dealer service.

CODE DESCRIPTION
----- ------------
JLJP74 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
24G Customer Preferred Package 24
ERC 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6 engine w/ESS
DFT 8-speed automatic transmission
PE4 Punk'n Metallic
*CL Leather-faced seats w/Sahara logo
-X9 Black w/Black seats
AD6 LED Lighting Group
ADH Trailer Tow & HD Electrical Group
AEK Uconnect 4C NAV & Sound Group
AJ1 SafetyTec Group
DHP 2.72:1 Selec-Trac full-time 4x4 sys
DSA Anti-spin differential rear axle
GXD Remote proximity keyless entry
CHD Mopar hardtop headliner
ADE Cold Weather Group
TDB 255/70R 18 All-Terrain tires

We'll be flat towing the Wrangler behind our motorhome and use it for some mild off-roading while down south during the winter. I'm planning a month around Death Valley and a couple of months in Arizona deserts next winter.

I'm new to 4x4s. A few decades back I spent a good deal of time off-roading, building and racing sandrails in the Alberta foothills.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Hello Rolo, from Winnipeg, Still in D1 status......Hoping to turn my JL into a camper for weekend trips with my family. Maybe grab a deer trailer for hunting season in Nov.
You're the only other Winnipeger I've found here to date. In support of the Winnipeg Whiteout, I ordered a White 2dr Rubi back on Jan 8, knowing that the Jets would be in the playoffs. This will be my daily driver through the winter season. As with my current JKR, I anticipate an off-roading trip to Colorado every year and likely the Black Hills as well.

Thought I would have the vehicle by now, but it just finished the build process at KZ yesterday and is awaiting transit. ETA is May 16-20 and should be the first 2dr in the city. Details of the build are at the POC link in my signature. Curious who your dealer is.

Pistnbroke

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
You're the only other Winnipeger I've found here to date. In support of the Winnipeg Whiteout, I ordered a White 2dr Rubi back on Jan 8, knowing that the Jets would be in the playoffs. This will be my daily driver through the winter season. As with my current JKR, I anticipate an off-roading trip to Colorado every year and likely the Black Hills as well.

Thought I would have the vehicle by now, but it just finished the build process at KZ yesterday and is awaiting transit. ETA is May 16-20 and should be the first 2dr in the city. Details of the build are at the POC link in my signature. Curious who your dealer is.

Pistnbroke

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Fellow Winnipeger here. Ordered a white JLUR back at the end of March, and am patiently waiting for it to come. The wife and myself will be taking it to Moab in the middle of July (if it shows up by then) to put it through it's paces.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fellow Winnipeger here. Ordered a white JLUR back at the end of March, and am patiently waiting for it to come. The wife and myself will be taking it to Moab in the middle of July (if it shows up by then) to put it through it's paces.
Got a bunch of questions for you. What's your configuration and do you know your build status? Also, who is your dealer and how are you finding them during the ordering process? A trip to Moab sounds great. Have you been there before?

Sponsored

Pistnbroke

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Configuration wise, White Rubi with black hard top, unpainted fenders, and all other options except leather seating. I will be going with 37x12.5R17 Maxxis Razr MT tires on unknown rims (haven't decided yet). Also 2" in Mopar lift will go in when the vehicle gets to the dealer. Dealer we went with was Winnipeg Dodge. We are trading our 2014 Ram in, for the Rubi. We dealt with them before and they were decent. I will be calling them today for the 1st time in regards to "build status". I will let you know what they say.
How about yourself. Which dealer did you go with? Any ETA on your 2 door?

As for Moab, it will be our first time out there. Looking fwd to going!

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other than JL vs JLU, we're visually identical. My build sheet is linked in my signature with all of the details. I'm dealing with Eastern, which is where I bought my JKR and am trading it in. Got off to a rocky start, but the relationship has been good of late. My order dates from Jan 8 and was built this Monday and Tuesday - pretty much 4 months. Current ETA, as set by the factory, is May16-20. I'm getting pretty excited about that but am not counting my chickens until it shows up.

Looks like you're building a serious off-roader. My off-roading is in support of my hobby of landscape photography, so I'm not that extreme. Mine will stay stock, with the possible exception of going to 35's since that supposedly does not require a lift. I've done pretty much all but the most hard core trails in Colorado with my current JKR so the stock JLR should work for me for now.

I've never done Moab, and to be honest, it's mainly because of fear. Type "Jeep Roll Over" into Youtube, and you'll see more Moab videos than anything else. You'll have to let me know how you find it.

Brickwall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road
Saw this guy in the Coxwell Ave and O’Connor Dr area of Toronto today and just had to stop him and have a chat. The Ocean Blue is absolutely incredible in person.

99652CDD-1A0B-400B-8B5A-D86019E4E78F.jpeg

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Wow. I'm staying near Coxwell and Sammon Ave right now. Missed seeing my first Ocean Blue by 2 blocks!

techie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited 2014 and Rubicon JL Unlimited 2018
I got the call yesterday my ocean blue Rubicon is in and I can get it Monday. Longest weekend ever. 73 days order to delivery. Felt like forever!
Sponsored