ROKBLOKZ mud flaps, any good?

MarioC

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU RUBICON
Hey guys and gals, looking for a way to keep slush and ice off my doors for the winter... anyone have these ROKBLOKZ mud flaps and what are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have an XL set, but only installed the fronts. I did that last June and have had good service from them.

I figure I will install the rears at some point.

I wish I had purchased them earlier and had them ready to install the day I got our Jeep.

I wanted wheel flaps. I spent too much time searching for options, but I did not find anything better than the RockBlokz.

They have helped to greatly reduce, but not eliminate, rock chips on the rear fenders and doors.

I guess they help with mud too, but we don't see mud very often. :)

I do not bother taking them off when we are off the beaten path, but appreciate that it is easy to do so.

I have jammed the RokBlokz up while coming off ledges, and have appreciated their flexibility and resilience. I do not think a guard made of harder material would survive getting caught on a ledge. I also wonder if the hard shell guards would have broken something on the Jeep's fenders as they were being torn off by the terrain.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Also have the XL's and they work great. Note you can order without the cut-out for the Rubi rock rails if required.

Sponsored

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
I have the regular size option, they do a great job keeping the jeep clean, but i switched to 35" recently and started getting muddy on the rear doors only.. i've been running them for a year and no issues at all. highly recommend them. i never remove them while offroading and they take alot of beating and still perform as expected.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have the regular size option, they do a great job keeping the jeep clean, but i switched to 35" recently and started getting muddy on the rear doors only.. i've been running them for a year and no issues at all. highly recommend them. i never remove them while offroading and they take alot of beating and still perform as expected.
Exactly my experience. Regulars with 35's. I've off-roaded with them many, many times on the toughest terrain my Jeep has seen. They've had no issue and haven't even been scratched up. I like that they deflect some of the road salt in the winter.

Bluejk09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK Sahara
Random request. Could anyone tell me the height from bottom of fender flare to bottom of flap (A)? And from ground to bottom of flap (B)? I'm interested in these dimensions for the regular and XL. Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL ROKBLOKZ mud flaps,   any good? Image 1-24-22 at 9.07 PM

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Random request. Could anyone tell me the height from bottom of fender flare to bottom of flap (A)? And from ground to bottom of flap (B)? I'm interested in these dimensions for the regular and XL. Thanks!

Image 1-24-22 at 9.07 PM.jpg
(A) is 11.25” for the XL flaps on a Sahara. Photo might appear to show 11.5” but that is because the flap is slightly curved so the length along the flap is 11.5” but the vertical distance between bottom of flap and the bottom of the Sahara flare is 11.25”

(B) will depend on your build.

Jeep Wrangler JL ROKBLOKZ mud flaps,   any good? CC039E56-DAF0-4690-8B9D-ECF668951711

Sponsored

Bluejk09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK Sahara
(A) is 11.25” for the XL flaps on a Sahara. Photo might appear to show 11.5” but that is because the flap is slightly curved so the length along the flap is 11.5” but the vertical distance between bottom of flap and the bottom of the Sahara flare is 11.25”

(B) will depend on your build.

Jeep Wrangler JL ROKBLOKZ mud flaps,   any good? 1643078589791
Thank you! You're right, wasn't thinking on B. If anyone can provide height from ground to bottom of flap for stock Sahara or Rubicon with regular or XL flaps, post up.

tavani21

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys
Would you mind posting a pic of the mud flaps on your XR from further back to see how they look? I'm getting an XR as well.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I have the XL size. If you off road, and I mean really off road, you will experience the following:

1. the nuts on the rear flaps comes lose and falls off. Mostly caused by gravel roads, especially rough washboard gravel roads. Best is to replace the nuts with lock nuts, or use Locktite on the stock nuts.

2. The flaps gets very dirty on gravel and back roads (Cow dung, etc), make sure you have a bag that seals well to put them in when you remove them on the trails. For the live of me I fail to comprehend why Rokblokz do not provide a branded bag with their product.

3. When you remove them, put each in their own bag because they scratch badly when placed together in one bag (Caused by dirt and the nuts on the rear set).

4. They are made of very soft plastic, you can easily cut through them with a carpet knife.

5. very expensive product for what they are.

6. Get the XL size, even for 33’ tires on stock wheels. The standard size is useless on gravel and back roads (Especially the front).

If you do not off road or drive to the trails via gravel/back roads then your experience might be different.
Sponsored