Rockslide Engineering Owners… Doorless Questions

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
Hello and thank you for your help. We have rockslide engineering power steps on our jeep and my question is…….. When you buy their Doorless push button kit : then when you reinstall the doors does it work like normal or do you always have to use the push buttons from now on? Thanks!

3C196E89-D0A0-4B82-BD16-2F5610C84A3D.jpeg
Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
The doors will work as normal, they use the magnets on the door frame. The buttons also work with the door on, I use them in back to prevent the sliders from working, so I can place things in back with my legs getting closer to the vehicle. There is only two of us, for us this works well.

OP
OP

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
The doors will work as normal, they use the magnets on the door frame. The buttons also work with the door on, I use them in back to prevent the sliders from working, so I can place things in back with my legs getting closer to the vehicle. There is only two of us, for us this works well.
Thank you…. I was getting ready to order that kit tonight on Amazon. It’s about 89 bucks everywhere.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Thank you…. I was getting ready to order that kit tonight on Amazon. It’s about 89 bucks everywhere.
At first i paid attention to the price, and wondered if it was worth it. Now that my wife and I have had these installed, on two JLU's, we wish we had then sooner and enjoy they so much, We hope you do too,

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine

Sponsored

OP
OP

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
At first i paid attention to the price, and wondered if it was worth it. Now that my wife and I have had these installed, on two JLU's, we wish we had then sooner and enjoy they so much, We hope you do too,
If you search around real hard you could get a few hundred dollars off the price…. I’m used to having Amp power steps on all my big bro trucks (F350’s) I knew I would rip those right off if I remotely thought about putting them on the Jeep. I installed these about four months ago on my wife’s jeep (this white rubicon) and we have been using a magnet to activate the step when we go door less if you know what I mean. I have a gladiator an order and I 100% plan on installing the steps on the gladiator also. Thanks again for the reply. Party On!

OP
OP

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
Your wheels make your Jeep look old school and I like it. 👍🏼
Thanks! It is my wife’s Jeep… Since she has 38’s, i have to go 40s on my gladiator……lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: