Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
EPDM rubber, the stuff that's touted in this thread, doesn't absorb water, even in this seemingly spongy expanded foam structure.

I haven't done this mod to my Jeep, but I have a stack of EPDM rubber that's been neglected in the backyard (leftover packaging from a mail-order bicycle), and it's been through heavy rain. It doesn't absorb water at all.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
EPDM rubber, the stuff that's touted in this thread doesn't absorb water, even in this seemingly spongy expanded foam structure.

I haven't done this mod to my Jeep, but I have a stack of EPDM rubber that's been neglected in the backyard (leftover packaging from a mail-order bicycle), and it's been through heavy rain. It doesn't absorb water at all.
that’s very good to know. I got the .38 width( 2 25 ft rolls) figures it’s cheap and worth trying. Thanks!

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have this problem on my Wrangler Recon's rock rails. There is a little gap there between the body and rock rails and I had small rocks stuck in there after my first off roading trip. Some were really jammed in there and prying some of them out scratched the paint!

Sponsored

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I have this problem on my Wrangler Recon's rock rails. There is a little gap there between the body and rock rails and I had small rocks stuck in there after my first off roading trip. Some were really jammed in there and prying some of them out scratched the paint!
I’ll have to check my rails. I have the .38 solid ordered for the fenders and will have to look into ideas for the rails.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
small pebbles that get wedged in between the fender flares and body
That's actually an option known as the Blue John Canyon Trim Package.

Last edited:

NickL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
Had my 2020 Rubi for a week and one thing that has been a bit annoying are all the small pebbles that get wedged in between the fender flares and body. I’m tired of people looking at me cross eyed when I take my business cards to pop em out in the parking lot
I did the YouTube fix with the Amazon tubing. Works well.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Fender welting was common back when the fenders and body were seperate items bolted together. It was also before salt was used on winter roads. IMO welting rod does as much harm as good on a Wrangler. I hose out the fine stuff and use one of these H.F. mini picks for the pebbles. The 45* angled one slides them right out as you move it along the crevice.
H.F. Mimi picks.jpg

Keeping the crevice open allows it to dry out and does not trap moisture and salt that gets in from the back side. The inner fender side is not sealed.
That's what i use. I'm also have the same issue with my Rubicon sliders collecting the tiny rocks as well.

FlashGordon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR - Billet Silver, 2017 Grand Cherokee Altitude
I did the YouTube fix with the Amazon tubing. Works well.
I did the same. Ordered exact same product in video and installed really easy. Used about 18 feet to cover all 4 fenders (start and stopped in the same places as video so didn't go all the way to bottom on backside of front fenders..stopped at the vent). Only been installed a few weeks and really happy with appearance and hopefully it holds up well. I had heard both the hollow tubing in video as well as solid core tube both can work their way out and need to be tucked back in from time to time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NL4DI2E/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_cE5PEbSRRY8S4

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I ordered the hollow tubing per the video and didn't like it at all. In some places it formed an '0' shaped cross-section, others a "V" cross-section, and in some a "W" cross-section. It looked sloppy no matter how much I tried.

I feel like solid material might be the way to go. Here goes the Amazon order...
Sponsored