Rockhard vs. Artec Complete Belly Pan Skid

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Trying to decide between the Rock Hard or ARTEC complete Aluminum belly pan. At a glance it seem like I'd be satisfied with either for rock crawling.

But wondering if anyone can share any latest experience from running either of these.

One of the things I'd like to find out is which has the better bolts/hardware design for bolts surviving rocks?
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Trying to decide between the Rock Hard or ARTEC complete Aluminum belly pan. At a glance it seem like I'd be satisfied with either for rock crawling.

But wondering if anyone can share any latest experience from running either of these.

One of the things I'd like to find out is which has the better bolts/hardware design for bolts surviving rocks?
I've been baking on my Artec skids for almost 3 years now without a single issue. The weight and increased ground clearance are what sold me. These belly-draggers need all the help they can get.

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I have the Artec but I need to try a little harder to hit it than I have been

OP
OP
Go4Low

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Fair enough. I ended up installing the ARTEC. But my exhaust brackets do not fit. ARTEC said they're aware that it won't fit on some JLs...apparently the exhaust piping varies from factory.

Not sure on what I want to do yet, but I might end up replacing that section of pipe

20210405_113613.jpg

20210405_112921.jpg

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Unfortunately the Artec says it requires a 1.5 inch lift which I called and confirmed. I’m not planning on lifting mine…. At least for time being. Does anyone have any experience with the Rock Hard 4x4 system? It’s heavy but I like the dual cross members on it.

Sponsored

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Unfortunately the Artec says it requires a 1.5 inch lift which I called and confirmed. I’m not planning on lifting mine…. At least for time being. Does anyone have any experience with the Rock Hard 4x4 system? It’s heavy but I like the dual cross members on it.

anyone have any other advice on complete systems?

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

I went with aluminum RH4x4 in part because I didn't want to do the lift required by Artec (not messing with gas tank was a plus too). Install flat on my garage floor was pretty easy, even the biggest piece was not too awkward (I used a mover's dolly to position it). I like the steel crossmembers and am very pleased with the quality.

Funny thing, RH packs the skids like they're shipping a porcelain tea set. A nice touch.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Fair enough. I ended up installing the ARTEC. But my exhaust brackets do not fit. ARTEC said they're aware that it won't fit on some JLs...apparently the exhaust piping varies from factory.

Not sure on what I want to do yet, but I might end up replacing that section of pipe

Jeep Wrangler JL Rockhard vs. Artec Complete Belly Pan Skid 20210405_112921

Jeep Wrangler JL Rockhard vs. Artec Complete Belly Pan Skid 20210405_112921
Take out a grinder and you’re done in 5 minutes

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU

I have the Rock Hard aluminum belly pan system on my 2-dr Rubicon. It was actually the very first mod I made. I got a very early system, I had to go back and forth with them on some things that didn’t work at first, but they were very helpful about making and shipping the new parts. A couple of brackets that just weren’t right. Once I got it in, it was fine. Except, the steel beveled washers that protect the bolts on the bottom. They were powder coated, they started to rust before I could even take it out on the rocks. If they could fix that and they have the brackets squared away, then you can’t go wrong.
Sponsored