Rockhard vs. Artec Complete Belly Pan Skid

Go4Low

First Name
Jourel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Trying to decide between the Rock Hard or ARTEC complete Aluminum belly pan. At a glance it seem like I'd be satisfied with either for rock crawling.

But wondering if anyone can share any latest experience from running either of these.

One of the things I'd like to find out is which has the better bolts/hardware design for bolts surviving rocks?

word302

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Trying to decide between the Rock Hard or ARTEC complete Aluminum belly pan. At a glance it seem like I'd be satisfied with either for rock crawling.

But wondering if anyone can share any latest experience from running either of these.

One of the things I'd like to find out is which has the better bolts/hardware design for bolts surviving rocks?
I've been baking on my Artec skids for almost 3 years now without a single issue. The weight and increased ground clearance are what sold me. These belly-draggers need all the help they can get.

rikity

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I have the Artec but I need to try a little harder to hit it than I have been

OP
Go4Low

Go4Low

First Name
Jourel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Fair enough. I ended up installing the ARTEC. But my exhaust brackets do not fit. ARTEC said they're aware that it won't fit on some JLs...apparently the exhaust piping varies from factory.

Not sure on what I want to do yet, but I might end up replacing that section of pipe

20210405_113613.jpg

20210405_112921.jpg

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement