First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy's Diesel 4 door Sarge Green
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Rocket Range Trail, Copper Harbor, MI 49918 is open to Jeeps. The GPS coordinates are "47.43032216475126, -87.7148076824781" I'm having a hard time finding info that tells me if this is an ORV Route, ORV Trail, or only accessible by a side by side or mountain bike. I've been to the DNR-designated ORV Routes map.. and that does say "DNR Roads Open to ORV's".. but I just want to be sure that means Jeeps. I do have both my ORV Route and ORV Trails stickers...

Thanks for any info!
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So friends of mine just did this. Here is a link to their Youtube video.

Also if you ever need some Jeep work done, Allpro Automotive in Lansing is a great place for said work to be done.

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
It's absolutely available. The road actually shows up on Google Maps, and even on the UConnect display. Take US41 until the end, and keep going on the logging trails. There's a left turn that takes you to High Rock and Rocket Range. There are some private property areas, but they aren't closed. Most of it is logging though, so you may need to watch out for trucks. I was just there in August with no issue though, and my group of friends in college at MTU would go there all the time.

OP
OP
davers

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
It's absolutely available. The road actually shows up on Google Maps, and even on the UConnect display. Take US41 until the end, and keep going on the logging trails. There's a left turn that takes you to High Rock and Rocket Range. There are some private property areas, but they aren't closed. Most of it is logging though, so you may need to watch out for trucks. I was just there in August with no issue though, and my group of friends in college at MTU would go there all the time.
Awesome! Thanks Capā€¦ Weā€™ll be heading up there mid October. I hope we donā€™t miss the fall colors.

OP
OP
davers

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
So friends of mine just did this. Here is a link to their Youtube video.

Also if you ever need some Jeep work done, Allpro Automotive in Lansing is a great place for said work to be done.
Oh nice! Thanks for the video link and for the recommendation!

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Just did this trail last week and camped there. My new favorite camp spot. One of my other Jeep buds in camping there right now.

OP
OP
davers

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just finished the trail yesterday afternoon. Little bit of flooding as it rained the night before. Fall coolers were amazing! Not sure if itā€™s peak season up here but it sure looks like it to me. There were two groups camping on the beach at the rocket rangeā€¦didnā€™t know you could do that.. they tore the heck out of the beachā€¦kind of annoying but oh well. šŸ˜’ We weā€™re there about 10:30 am or so, only saw a few people coming out. A few Jeepā€™s and quite a few pickup trucks. As we were leaving there were a lot of vehicles coming in. Everything from Jeepā€™s to side by sides and a quadā€¦even a Subaru Outback.. All in all a good time. If I do it again Iā€™ll stay closer to Copper Harbor if possible. It took us a bit longer to get there than we thought it was going to take. Now I need to find a place to wash all the mud off. šŸ˜ Forgot to mention, next time I want sway bar disconnects! My innards are all scrambled! šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Just finished the trail yesterday afternoon. Little bit of flooding as it rained the night before. Fall coolers were amazing! Not sure if itā€™s peak season up here but it sure looks like it to me. There were two groups camping on the beach at the rocket rangeā€¦didnā€™t know you could do that.. they tore the heck out of the beachā€¦kind of annoying but oh well. šŸ˜’ We weā€™re there about 10:30 am or so, only saw a few people coming out. A few Jeepā€™s and quite a few pickup trucks. As we were leaving there were a lot of vehicles coming in. Everything from Jeepā€™s to side by sides and a quadā€¦even a Subaru Outback.. All in all a good time. If I do it again Iā€™ll stay closer to Copper Harbor if possible. It took us a bit longer to get there than we thought it was going to take. Now I need to find a place to wash all the mud off. šŸ˜ Forgot to mention, next time I want sway bar disconnects! My innards are all scrambled! šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
A week before you, my bud was up there camping. I told time about it and off he went.
Sponsored