First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I have SwitchPros and love it.
https://www.switchpros.com/
pictures of the Engine bay bracket, and of install in the cabin, under driver a pillar. They even tell you which fuse to connect into, that is ignition start, and give you the fuse cord.
https://www.switchpros.com/gallery/

click on JL mounting kit.
https://store.switchpros.com/
I liked that one too and especially the mount in the upper left of the dash (https://store.switchpros.com/jeep-jl-mounting-kit/). My key reason for not getting it is the placement of the module under the hood - it's going to be in the way of a snorkel. Also I like old-school relays and fuses I can easily replace, plus the Voswitch is about half the price.
Sponsored

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I was going to follow this for winch wiring: http://www.4x4wire.com/tech/winch/remote/
That's got the basics, but keep in mind it will depend on the winch you're using. That write up is for an older Warn with the 4 solenoid setup. If you have a Zeon with the contactor instead, wiring will be a little different. Here's a pic I snapped while I had mine opened up. I'll start a new thread with some additional pics soon in order to not derail this thread into a winch wiring thread.

upload_2020-2-19_16-41-38.png

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
That's got the basics, but keep in mind it will depend on the winch you're using. That write up is for an older Warn with the 4 solenoid setup. If you have a Zeon with the contactor instead, wiring will be a little different. Here's a pic I snapped while I had mine opened up. I'll start a new thread with some additional pics soon in order to not derail this thread into a winch wiring thread.

upload_2020-2-19_16-41-38.png
Sounds great!
I have a Smittybilt X20 10,000 lb synthetic from April 2019.

ThinkOutdoors

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU 2018
Yes, please, where do you get different switches? The Amazon questions section mentions a site Otrattw, but there are many types of switches listed there.

Also, if you modify it for winch in & out control, with a master arm too, I would be very interested in how you do that modification.

I just ordered this and look forward to putting in the Voswitch JL200. I also looked at a custom-built micro-switch overhead option, or the bluetooth version thereof (neither of which had labeling), some $100-200 6-8 panel things on Amazon to mount somewhere, and a company that made a mount for just below the lights for an 8 panel (I would probably hit my knee on that, and the power module goes where my future snorkel will), but the Voswitch looks nice with real relays and reasonable price and easy install plus a better dash mount for my GoPro and phone than my Rugged Ridge dash. The Rough Country doesn't work for me as I have the factory Aux switches and lockers on my Rubicon.
Hi sorry for never following up. Ill post some pictures tomorrow! But I love this switch! It look approx 1-1.5hrs to install. The "smart" relays/switches for the first 4 switches are great for strobe/flashing effects, etc. Its a high quality switch doesn't take up as much of the dash/field of view as I thought. The website you shared with the switches is the one that I was referring to. Love the product but it seems like they are currently out of stock on Amazon.

Daddy4zack

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I have been looking for one of these for a month now. Uggg I need one. Anyone have an extra? Anyone have any problems with them They seem to be a good switch panel

Sponsored

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
S-tech is the best, no question. Tell him what you want and he makes fit your needs, including winches. I do have the MLC-6 upper dash mount ready to install. I think if you just need something for lights, it’s fine.
S-Tech makes an excellent product at a great price. We have 2 in JKs at my house. New JL has the factory switch but can see it quickly getting replaced.

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going the DIY route, still gathering parts but here is my panel mock up. Leaving the bottom blank for now until I need the space.

IMG_20200302_074012.jpg

JL Aux wiring diagram.jpg

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Can anyone post a picture of the back of the Voswitch switch panel?
I want to see if the switch pros JL bracket will work with it in some way thank you.
Maybe if you someone can measure the mounting holes of the JL bracket from Switchpros and see if there mounting holes on the back of that Voswitch, that would be awesome thank you!

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase

Daddy4zack

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
This switch panel is bad ass. Very pleased with it.

Sponsored

PoSeiDoNs_PiRaTa

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm going the DIY route, still gathering parts but here is my panel mock up. Leaving the bottom blank for now until I need the space.

IMG_20200302_074012.jpg

JL Aux wiring diagram.jpg
Do you have any photos or tips for how you filled in that storage space with a plastic plate? It looks great, almost factory.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Finally finished wiring up my Voswitch panel and was able to test all the functions tonight. Everything is working great, including the in-cab winch controls! Just waiting for some custom rockers to show up from OTRATTW and then I'll post up some pics...

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally finished wiring up my Voswitch panel and was able to test all the functions tonight. Everything is working great, including the in-cab winch controls! Just waiting for some custom rockers to show up from OTRATTW and then I'll post up some pics...
wired mine up last night. Can you provide some guidance on how you’re doing the winch controls? I’ll be installing a winch at the end of the month.

91A14BD1-CDB1-40B8-B715-A9AD02176A7C.jpeg

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any photos or tips for how you filled in that storage space with a plastic plate? It looks great, almost factory.
It's just a piece of kydex cut slightly larger than the cubby. It was a HUGE pain cutting out the switches to try and get them straight as possible, isn't perfect but good enough. There is a slight curve to the cubby so something with a bit of flex is needed.

IMG_20200313_093135.jpg

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This pic shows how tall the Voswitch JL200 is.

BB20F760-78F7-4BCF-B610-59D13AC4EBB7.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: