WrangleDangle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My new 2020 Rubicon Unlimited came with factory rock rail skid.
I want to upgrade with stronger- frame mount skid with steps.
Appreciate any suggestions as to which ones to look into.
Thanks,
WrangleDangle
Sponsored

Silent Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I have the Night Runner from Ace Engineering. Excellent rocker protection.

Mounts to body and frame...plenty strong. Has rock light provisions. Step is wide...makes a good footrest with doors off. Pics are from when Jeep was new. We have tested them a few times since then...very happy with the product.

IMG_7183.JPG
IMG_7190.JPG

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I use @ROAM ROAM myself.

These keep rock chips down, and keeps the tires from slinging things all over the jeep. I have recently put them to the test and these were excellent sliders. Supported the entire weight of the jeep and pivoted as expected. They did not touch the body, and outside of scraping off some powder coat they were fine. A quick touch up and they look good as new.

I would check others experience as the customer service is very hit or miss. At first they were very quick with responses and orders when I bought my first set, however with this second set it is not the same. I had a few simple issues and like others the blame was placed on me. (I was not asking for anything, other than info). I was also going to test out the new boat side versions, but all that contact died as well.

I am happy with what I have, but would caution others to really look into it before you order or buy these now. I still like these over the designs of LoD etc. but due to recent personal experience and others I would be cautious. I have a lot of large group runs I organize and say the same thing. These do work well, and the design is great but the customer service seems to be all over, as well as the quality. My powder coat is ok, but others have many issues, to me that was never a problem as I consider these like skid plates. They are expected to get scratched and need retouched.

6F18E364-AFEE-448B-B182-93930FAA528F.jpeg

2765B9D6-8E2D-4D52-AFDD-EFC0B8E25EE4.jpeg

15278C21-C9D4-44DE-83BD-146D35C73653.jpeg