Sponsored

RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics?

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Here are the XL flaps (all 4). With stock KO2s, I still get a bit of mud on the doors when getting after it. There is a plastic piece in the rear inner fender that the instructions don't really tell you what to do after you remove it. I ended up trimming a slot in the plastic piece so the rear flaps could slide in. It's a tight fit but I felt it necessary to get that piece back in there to keep mud and salt out of the inside of the tub.

IMG_3211.jpg
Do you mind measure the rear one? What’s the width?
Sponsored

OP
OP

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
Do you mind measure the rear one? What’s the width?
Are you looking for a width or ...?

The reason I ask is that I was also asking for sizes.....but in reality its hard to measure accurately as it is not a square or rectangle.....if that makes sense.

I had asked the tech at Rokblokz via email and this is what he wrote:

"The XL is about 16 inches long and roughly 11 wide in the rear and about 13 inches long in the front and about 9 inches wide. They (the regulars) are roughly an inch and a half to two inches shorter and skinnier on both front and rear. I do not have a set on hand to measure to give you an exact size."

I just installed the XLs on our STOCK 2021 Wrangler sport with the Desert Dueler tires and we like them a lot.....took them offroad already and the extra coverage was great!

Added some pics....hope they help someone else decide.

Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? rokblokz left front for web IMG_20210422_112502782

Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? rokblokz right side after install for web IMG_20210422_131155051

Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? rokblokz rear after install for web IMG_20210422_131219540

rokblokz from front right high for web IMG_20210423_150855866.jpg

Irokblokz from left rear dirty for web MG_20210423_150814549.jpg

Last edited:

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Are you looking for a width or ...?

The reason I ask is that I was also asking for sizes.....but in reality its hard to measure accurately as it is not a square or rectangle.....if that makes sense.

I had asked the tech at Rokblokz via email and this is what he wrote:

"The XL is about 16 inches long and roughly 11 wide in the rear and about 13 inches long in the front and about 9 inches wide. They (the regulars) are roughly an inch and a half to two inches shorter and skinnier on both front and rear. I do not have a set on hand to measure to give you an exact size."

I just installed the XLs on our STOCK 2021 Wrangler sport with the Desert Dueler tires and we like them a lot.....took them offroad already and the extra coverage was great!

Added some pics....hope they help someone else decide.

Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? Irokblokz from left rear dirty for web MG_20210423_150814549

Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? Irokblokz from left rear dirty for web MG_20210423_150814549

Thanks for photos.
I want to order the regular size, because I prefer not have to something stick out of fender.
But as you said, regular size is about 9”, XL is about 11”. Only XL size will cover tyre which is 285+? Otherwise, it’s not wide enough to cover tyre appropriately.

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
Here are the XL flaps (all 4). With stock KO2s, I still get a bit of mud on the doors when getting after it. There is a plastic piece in the rear inner fender that the instructions don't really tell you what to do after you remove it. I ended up trimming a slot in the plastic piece so the rear flaps could slide in. It's a tight fit but I felt it necessary to get that piece back in there to keep mud and salt out of the inside of the tub.

I was thinking of doing something similar for my rear set. Would you have a pic or two how you trimmed the plastic piece?

OP
OP

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking of doing something similar for my rear set. Would you have a pic or two how you trimmed the plastic piece?
I echo that! Please post info.

RokBlokx actually has a tech info with pictures on doing this, but not much other info at all.....such as what the proces is to get the plastic part back in, and specifics around the captured nut they show on the pics there.....

https://rokblokz.com/blogs/news/rokblokz-mud-flap-installation-details-for-the-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl

Sponsored

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
OP
OP

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect. Thanks!
I was actually hoping that Fogle would be able to add the extra info I was talking about....true that a picture is worth a thousand words, but there are some details that the RokBlokz site leaves out.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I ordered the regular size. Delivery is due next week. I will measure them before fitment and post the details here.

the_fogle

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon - Firecracker Red
Here are a couple of pictures that show that inner fender piece that I cut. Looking at the RokBlokz post, I did a bit more trimming than those pictures. Specifically, cutting the flap that would cover the bracket bolts and cutting a slot in the "top" so the flap can slide in and out easily. Also looks like they added a screw between the two inner fender pieces which is a pretty good idea however, mine seems to work fine without. You can also adjust the rear flaps outward from where I have them set if you want more coverage. Again, I have stock Rubicon KO2s Hope this helps!

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
My Rokblokz arrived today all the way from the USA!

They were easy to install with no problems at all. Great packaging, easy instructions, very good quality and all the bits and pieces to install them was included (Even some candy). I have the stock tires 285/70R17 but I would recommend the XL version for any tyre larger than stock.

Here is the dimensions of the standard front set.
Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? 3A4F825D-77BB-4C8D-A05D-9B8083C38DDC
Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? 321EE8B4-AADF-4B1D-8161-41B45F94D048

Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

SnailDriver

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4XE
In case anyone with a stock 4xE is looking into these and comes across this thread(like I did)

I got XL front and Rear. The fronts look great and would 100% recommend.

Was a little worried about the rear, but decided to go for it.
Future proofing for bigger tires.
Plus it kind of gives me landrover/safari vibes with the green.

Overall- It’s my first, most expensive, and least noticeable modification yet. But I’m looking forward to the heartache it saves with my paint job

Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? E9FD0586-5885-47A1-8382-AB6152B081D1
Sponsored