Sponsored

RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics?

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
So thanks to this forum and the search function I have decided to pay an ungodly amount of money for mudflaps and get the RokBlokz.

At $160 for 4, it would be THE most I have ever spent on stinking mud flaps. LOL

But....our brand new 2 door 80th Anniversary JL has already gotten a hinge chip and a couple rear fender chips in less than two weeks. :(

We do want rails or steps at some point, and I know some of those will help greatly.... but for now flaps will have to do.

I like the fact that Rokblokz are easily removed for wheeling if needed.....I like the rear bracket they use to keep things sturdy.....and so far it seems like they are the favorite on this forum.

But the question I have comes in the way of sizing...the regular vs XL. I watched the company's video and can see the difference between the two...but my question is if anyone has installed the XL on a STOCK-TIRE Wrangler......

Our Wrangler has the 275 70R 18 Bridgestone Duellers......not huge but not skinny wimpy tires either really. And they apparantly are agressive just enough to fling gravel onto the sides of our Snazzberry Red beauty.

I am a fan of having options in the future, and if the XLs wouldnt look out of place with the stock tires/wheels that would give us options for the future.

Anyone here done that?
Sponsored

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
I have the XL on my stock Willys wheels and tires because I plan on jumping to a 35 in the future and a 2.5 lift. Let me find the behind-the Jeep picture for you.

Edit: adding picture

63641958593__4398994C-4BDE-4820-ADB6-DBDB19D3E1B9.jpeg

OP
OP

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!!! Looks good!!!! Any pics of the fronts?

In the video, the XLs are a couple inches longer and maybe the same wider....seems like a no brainer.....I was worried they would seem TOO big.....but that looks good!

Our Duellerslook to be about the same width as your Destinations.....ours just are not anywhere near that agressive and cool looking....

Curious -- will you be putting the wider tires on your stock rims or will different wheels be mandatory?

We have the 18" 80th anniversary rims and we like them a lot....just would like wider tires (eventually)

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have to get some from the front and post them later.

Thetickz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I have a Sport with Rubicon springs, wheels and tires. I only have the front flaps.

Realistically, once they're on you'll never take them off for wheeling. They're actually pretty hard to unscrew to get off and on. It's a PIA.

I'd say get the regular size ones. The XL are too big. Only get them if you're going to be running 37's or larger.

Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? PXL_20210412_184131138

Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? PXL_20210412_184148848

Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? PXL_20210412_184159087

Sponsored

OP
OP

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Sport with Rubicon springs, wheels and tires. I only have the front flaps.

Realistically, once they're on you'll never take them off for wheeling. They're actually pretty hard to unscrew to get off and on. It's a PIA.

I'd say get the regular size ones. The XL are too big. Only get them if you're going to be running 37's or larger.

Jeep Wrangler JL RockBlokz sizing....regular vs XL on a STOCK Wrangler pics? PXL_20210412_184159087

Are those the regular?

Any chance you could get a measurement of those?

I am going to make some mockups out of cardboard.

I am told the XLs are "only" 1.5 inches wider and longer??

Thetickz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Are those the regular?

Any chance you could get a measurement of those?

I am going to make some mockups out of cardboard.

I am told the XLs are "only" 1.5 inches wider and longer??
Yes, sorry if I forgot to specify. These pics are of the standard size flaps.

They're already really large. I wouldn't get the XL ones.

The standard size ones are about 10.75" wide x 12" long. They extend about an inch up into the fender.

Last edited:
OP
OP

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, sorry if I forgot to specify. These pics are of the standard size flaps.

They're already really large. I wouldn't get the XL ones.

The standard size ones are about 10.75" wide x 12" wide. They extend about an inch up into the fender.

Can you recheck your measurements?

The tech at Rokblokz says the XL front is about 13 inches long and 9 inches wide about 16 inches long and roughly 11 wide in the rear.....they didnt have a regular on hand to measure but said its about a 1-2" difference each direction....your front measurement seems really large for a regular????

OP
OP

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the XL on my stock Willys wheels and tires because I plan on jumping to a 35 in the future and a 2.5 lift. Let me find the behind-the Jeep picture for you.

Edit: adding picture

What size tires do you have now, height wise?

Sponsored

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
I really want to know the real width of rear ones too... I asked Rokblokz, they don’t know either... I want to know if the regular size can cover 285/305 tyre?

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I just ordered the regular size for my JLR.

The XL seems a bit large for wheels from 35" and smaller. Currently I have the 255/75R17 BKG KM2 tires.

I do not want my Jeep to look like a Mack Truck from the 80's with over sized mud flaps.

OP
OP

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the "mack truck" reference"...lol

That was the rage back in the 80s.....My old man had big yosemite sam mudflaps on his 79 Trailduster......I though they were cool! LOL

I ordered the XLs and they are supposed to be here tomorrow.....we figure more protection is better.....plus when we go to bigger tires we will be set......so once I mount them up I will post pics.......hopefully they wont look too out of place.

Worse comes to worse I will trim them down.

Thanks all for your pics and thoughts.....very helpful!

the_fogle

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon - Firecracker Red
Here are the XL flaps (all 4). With stock KO2s, I still get a bit of mud on the doors when getting after it. There is a plastic piece in the rear inner fender that the instructions don't really tell you what to do after you remove it. I ended up trimming a slot in the plastic piece so the rear flaps could slide in. It's a tight fit but I felt it necessary to get that piece back in there to keep mud and salt out of the inside of the tub.

IMG_3211.jpg
Sponsored