Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Well there sure are lots of complaints about them…..not limited to that brand either.
I'm not sure why you're mentioning other brands, but the RSE steps work extremely well for us.

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
I'm not sure why you're mentioning other brands, but the RSE steps work extremely well for us.
I mentioned other brands to point out that all of them have complaints, but there is a 7 pg thread devoted to just RSE issues.

I thought one of these deployable types would be a good solution for us, but doesn’t appear to be the case.

I will say that I spoke to an installer about this topic and he told me that they have much better results from 100% on road vehicles than Wranglers going off-road.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Another vote for RSE. I completely agree that being mechanical there is a good possibility at some
point you will experience an issue. This is a concern of mine also, but they are such an excellent step...which is their number one function for me.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
I put on a set of Westin 42-6025 which feature a nice step with integrated rock sliders. They bolt to the frame which is preferable to me.

Jack Mount 05.jpg

westin-snyper-triple-tube-rock-rails-jk-42-6025-main_0.jpg
+1 to these, I have them as well. Haven't had a chance to expose them to abuse other than paved and dirty roads so far, but they are making a difference in blocking some debris from spraying up onto the doors.

They were a second choice after I saw the price of the LOD's, which were a bit too pricey or just plain out of stock at many of the shops I searched. No regrets. Happy rail hunting! 😁

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I’m double voting for the white knuckle off-road ones. After many, many hours of research I found them to be better built than all the others. Plus, you don’t have to remove a body mount like some.

https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I will say that I spoke to an installer about this topic and he told me that they have much better results from 100% on road vehicles than Wranglers going off-road.
Wouldn't that logic apply to just about anything that we're putting on our Wranglers?

mikesicily

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU XR - Sting Gray
I was in the market for the same thing a few months back and I went with the LOD destroyers pictured below. Held up against some rock crawling already and absolutely worth the money. Sleek looking step/slider combo!

I've had the Destroyers on my 19 JLUR for about 3 years now. They've been great. Strong, well made, and zero signs of rust going into the 3rd winter season. My Jeep has only been washed once in that time.

My wife is only 4'11", so having a dedicated step vs just a tube was needed to help her climb up. My JLUR is lifted 6" and on 40's, so it's a bit of a yoga stretch for her, but it's proven to be the perfect balance between helping her climb without hindering the Jeeps ability to do the same.

For reference, she can walk right under the sideview mirrors without hitting her head...
20221119_112300.jpg
20200720_075130.jpg
1594036353209.jpg

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I need something with a step to help people get in with 37s and lift, but I don't want the step or slider to reduce ground clearance.
I took a picture on the trail yesterday to show that it would take a lot for sliders (RSE in this case) to reduce ground clearance.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders With Unobtrusive Step PXL_20221127_195127021

OP
OP

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Any good deals out there on the LODs?

Sponsored

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
+1 on the LOD Destroyer sliders! Awesome build quality. I was considering the automatic drop down type, but cost, and some threads in this forum influenced my decision.

20221019_141654.jpg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Any good deals out there on the LODs?
My go-to for most of my Jeep parts has been Northridge 4x4. Their product page inventory statuses are always up to date, shipping times are accurate, and an added perk is that they are forum sponsors that offer us a coupon code that can save Up To 20% depending on manufacturers pricing. It's like a sale that never ends for us.

Just checked and they are currently in stock and ready for you to squeeze the trigger on...

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/rockers-sliders/jrs1814-lod-destroyer-series-rock-sliders-black

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
My go-to for most of my Jeep parts has been Northridge 4x4. Their product page inventory statuses are always up to date, shipping times are accurate, and an added perk is that they are forum sponsors that offer us a coupon code that can save Up To 20% depending on manufacturers pricing. It's like a sale that never ends for us.

Just checked and they are currently in stock and ready for you to squeeze the trigger on...

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/rockers-sliders/jrs1814-lod-destroyer-series-rock-sliders-black
Thanks for the kind words @Headbarcode.

During the BF/CM sales holiday, LoD products are currently 15% off!

Get a set for your JL:

OP
OP

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Is the code JLWRANGLERFORUM? Doesn't seem to work on them.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
"Is the code JLWRANGLERFORUM? Doesn't seem to work on them."

Cyber monday sale. they are on sale right now which is better than any code