Sponsored

Rock Sliders: This or That....Opinions Wanted

Longhorn90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.6L
I went with Ironman 4x4, Raid Rock Rails to serve as a step. Pics below. With Hammerhead Pinch Seam covers/protectors behind them to hide the little bit of pinch seam you could see. The rails were a breeze to install and are solid.

I think they qualify as frame mount… use the two bolts on either side of each of the two body mount bolts under rear door, and then nut plates dropped/held behind frame holes towards the front. (I specifically ruled out any rails using the body mount bolts in my search.)

We’re supposed to double as a step for wife, but already hearing that she was ‘thinking’ they’d have a lower step part built in (my mind reading failed that day).

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders:  This or That....Opinions Wanted 48D7F993-D96C-4F5D-BC46-C03CF54643ED
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders:  This or That....Opinions Wanted 403F2B2E-4180-4F8E-8A8C-14D389C31183
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders:  This or That....Opinions Wanted 84FF12A8-E679-410A-BE5F-A536A2CF5574
Sponsored

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Would the LOD Signature series rock slider provide enough step for a lifted jeep? Need something for the wife/kids but would rather not lose the slim line look.

ragnar223

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU; 2021 JL two door
I agree!!

it may slightly help that I’m really good buddies with the owner here in houston🤘🏼
glad to hear you are happy with shrockworks. I have a pair expected to be delivered Thursday for a new JL two door on order. The wait was not as bad as many say in the forums, maybe 5 weeks. Shipping caused some sticker shock though.
I have TNT adventure steps frame mounted sliders on my JKU, and they are amazing. Looking forward to giving shrockworks a try on the JL.

Greymatter

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
So looking back at this thread, it seems frame mounted are preferred. Can someone provide the short list of tube like frame sliders with the step that are frame mounted?

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
I went with Ironman 4x4, Raid Rock Rails to serve as a step. Pics below. With Hammerhead Pinch Seam covers/protectors behind them to hide the little bit of pinch seam you could see. The rails were a breeze to install and are solid.

I think they qualify as frame mount… use the two bolts on either side of each of the two body mount bolts under rear door, and then nut plates dropped/held behind frame holes towards the front. (I specifically ruled out any rails using the body mount bolts in my search.)

We’re supposed to double as a step for wife, but already hearing that she was ‘thinking’ they’d have a lower step part built in (my mind reading failed that day).

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders:  This or That....Opinions Wanted 84FF12A8-E679-410A-BE5F-A536A2CF5574
How are you liking these! I’m considering picking these up as they don’t use the dreaded body bolts.

Sponsored

Longhorn90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.6L
How are you liking these! I’m considering picking these up as they don’t use the dreaded body bolts.
They have been great, with no post installation issues or regrets. Very solid and sturdy. But haven’t seen any trail abuse to be able to comment on true rock slider capabilities.

I find the full width step surface handy for reaching the roof and windshield. My wife (short) would have preferred a lower step but has gotten used to it…. although complaints will probably resurface after a 2in Mopar lift at some future point.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
For myself, having the RSE sliders is not an option. It would be extremely difficult for me to get in the jeep without having the steps. Because of the lift and tires it is 32 inches ground to door sil. The height of the step is 17 inches. I have been on some trails that have tested the sliders and have performed well. Just my 2 cents.

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Here is a picture of my Gen 3 RSE steps

IMG_3615.JPG

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Here is a picture of my Gen 3 RSE steps

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders:  This or That....Opinions Wanted IMG_3615.JPG
Great picture. I honestly don't know what gen my sliders are. I got them around June last year. I also have the extra skid and body armor that RSE has. For me when I get out of the jeep it's always a big step to the ground.

JanetsJLU

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Does anyone know of a video or online instructions for the shrockworks sliders mention in this thread?
I spoke with the guys today while installing bumpers there, email them and he will gladly send it to you sir 🤘🏼

Sponsored

dooms

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2021 JLU
Late reply, but another vote for the Rock hard 4x4. I have them on both my JK and my JL. As mentioned - while they dont bolt to the frame, they also do not JUST bolt to the body mounts. These are extremely sturdy. There are 3 body mounts, 4 floor pan mounts and 8 pinch seam bolts. These are not going anywhere.

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
Would the LOD Signature series rock slider provide enough step for a lifted jeep? Need something for the wife/kids but would rather not lose the slim line look.
I have them. It’s a slim step, but more than enough to use to get into.

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
I love these LoD Signature sliders. You do have to drill 2 holes in the frame, but it’s worth it. These things are beefy!! It has a tiny slim step with protrusions so you can get grip when they’re muddy. The only downside is the underside bash plates. They collect mud and debris really badly. I could remove them, but I like the look so I put up with hosing them out. You will need to figure out a pinch seam cover. I went with the Rigged Ridge pinch seam cover. It really finishes off the look cleanly.

1E23F2D4-4EC3-4C51-BACB-C0F922793BC3.jpeg

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I love these LoD Signature sliders. You do have to drill 2 holes in the frame, but it’s worth it. These things are beefy!! It has a tiny slim step with protrusions so you can get grip when they’re muddy. The only downside is the underside bash plates. They collect mud and debris really badly. I could remove them, but I like the look so I put up with hosing them out. You will need to figure out a pinch seam cover. I went with the Rigged Ridge pinch seam cover. It really finishes off the look cleanly.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders:  This or That....Opinions Wanted 1E23F2D4-4EC3-4C51-BACB-C0F922793BC3
Do you happen to have the info for the RR pinch seam cover? I was trying to find it and couldn’t. Just got these and looking forward to getting them installed!

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon