Sponsored

Rock Sliders: This or That....Opinions Wanted

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Looking for sliders to replace my factory Rubicon rails, something with a functional step (recent lift has made it challenging for the boss to get in) that doesn't decrease clearance significantly.

Kind of narrowed it down to 2 options, for now at least.

Option 1: Known good, seems to be popular. The Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot sliders seem to be high quality and beefy. The flat version provides everything I'm looking for.
ROCK HARD 4X4™ PATRIOT SERIES TUBE SLIDER ROCKER GUARDS - FLAT STEP FOR JEEP WRANGLER JL 4DR 2018 - CURRENT [RH-90105]

Option 2: Seems to be relatively new, no reviews, just one Youtube video...from Quadratec, which obviously has bias considering its their sliders. Looking for feedback on these. Guessing these are just a cheaper product all the way around, the specs don't really provide any useful detail as far as materials and thickness are concerned.
Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL 4-Door

Thoughts?
Sponsored

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
I've had my eye on the same two steps/sliders. I saw the Rock Hard on a Jeep and they looked very nice. I would go with those but you have to remove the body bolts. Not sure i want to tackle that. I have the Quadratec sliders in my cart. Just want to make sure thats what I reall want.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Looking for sliders to replace my factory Rubicon rails, something with a functional step (recent lift has made it challenging for the boss to get in) that doesn't decrease clearance significantly.

Kind of narrowed it down to 2 options, for now at least.

Option 1: Known good, seems to be popular. The Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot sliders seem to be high quality and beefy. The flat version provides everything I'm looking for.
ROCK HARD 4X4™ PATRIOT SERIES TUBE SLIDER ROCKER GUARDS - FLAT STEP FOR JEEP WRANGLER JL 4DR 2018 - CURRENT [RH-90105]

Option 2: Seems to be relatively new, no reviews, just one Youtube video...from Quadratec, which obviously has bias considering its their sliders. Looking for feedback on these. Guessing these are just a cheaper product all the way around, the specs don't really provide any useful detail as far as materials and thickness are concerned.
Quadratec Brute Strength Side Steps for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL 4-Door

Thoughts?
Option 2 looks pretty cool. For the price of Option 1, did you consider Ace Rock Sliders? I had those on my JKU and am considering running those because they'll function as a step and provide some protection from those parking lot door dings.

Sponsored

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
I've looked at Ace and really like the sliders that have the body armor. Just not into drilling into the body.
One thing I liked about the Patriot sliders is they mount very close the body..

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I've got Rock Hard Patriots.. I'd buy 'em again. I did worry about the body bolts....but if you read about them and work them properly they are do-able by most folks. I like that I could now lift the side of my jeep with a jack on those sliders if needed. They are hell-bent for strong and protect the finish too. Not sure of what other I would buy. I may have become a bit of a RH "fan-boy"......but they do offer good products IMO.

OP
OP
smashinpunknaz
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I've had my eye on the same two steps/sliders. I saw the Rock Hard on a Jeep and they looked very nice. I would go with those but you have to remove the body bolts. Not sure i want to tackle that. I have the Quadratec sliders in my cart. Just want to make sure thats what I reall want.
The Quadratec ones use the body bolts and the pinch seam as well.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I have absolutely loved both sets of @ROAM frame mounted rock slider / steps I have had. (Set on my 2019, and on my 2020). These are rock solid, and hold up great. Others have had issues, but for me both sets have been good and customer service had been amazing. Here in AZ they work great for me,

0AC18DDB-2013-4113-B587-034DFE4B06AC.jpeg

60BD7BB3-AB0F-4CC8-A917-3F6EAA111B2D.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
smashinpunknaz
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I sent an email to Quadratec last night asking for more specs on those rails.

I did look at the Ace Rock Sliders, while its convenient that they can go over the Rubicon rails, I don't really like the look so much. Prefer the look/build of the Rock Hard rails for the similar price point.

I actually looked at the Roam rails but had only seen the West Coast edition, the standard ones are a very appealing option too. I like them better stylewise. Any experience with the frame mounted vs OE mounts?

@Cypher - We'll have to go wheel sometime man. Oddly enough we both have Punkn JL Rubi's and I work in cybersecurity as well.

OP
OP
smashinpunknaz
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon

HappyJeeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '09 Tundra 5.7 4x4, '21 Prius
Occupation
Soils engineering/geology
I like these a lot as well and they were on my short list, but they are listed as Out of Stock on LOD's site with no ability to order. Not sure what the deal is there.
Go to Northridge 4x4. I also bought the removable drop steps for my short other half.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I like these a lot as well and they were on my short list, but they are listed as Out of Stock on LOD's site with no ability to order. Not sure what the deal is there.
I just recently installed the original steel LOD Destroyers. They are framed mounted and don't bolt directly to the body bolts, but to the bolts fore and aft of the 2 rear most body books per side. Very solid. The new aluminum version is nice, but it only shaves up to 10lbs of weight per side. That's OK, until you pay even more for the steel skid plate that brings the weight back up to that of the original.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders:  This or That....Opinions Wanted 20200628_200357
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders:  This or That....Opinions Wanted 20200628_200825
Sponsored