Vehicle Showcase

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
EDIT: If I can add the factory rails to my order still, I think it looks better rather than seeing the pinch seams.

Having said that, definitely looking for a frame-mount slider that will bolt over them, or in general if I can't add them now to my order. Leaning towards Shrockworks or similar.

Last edited:

budmkr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler ULR
I went with Ironman 4x4, Raid Rock Rails to serve as a step. Pics below. With Hammerhead Pinch Seam covers/protectors behind them to hide the little bit of pinch seam you could see. The rails were a breeze to install and are solid.

I think they qualify as frame mount… use the two bolts on either side of each of the two body mount bolts under rear door, and then nut plates dropped/held behind frame holes towards the front. (I specifically ruled out any rails using the body mount bolts in my search.)

We’re supposed to double as a step for wife, but already hearing that she was ‘thinking’ they’d have a lower step part built in (my mind reading failed that day).

48D7F993-D96C-4F5D-BC46-C03CF54643ED.jpeg
403F2B2E-4180-4F8E-8A8C-14D389C31183.jpeg
84FF12A8-E679-410A-BE5F-A536A2CF5574.jpeg
Looks great, I like the addition of the pinch seam covers. Did it look like you could remove the sticker?

UTME

First Name
T-Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon-X Unlimited Firecracker Red
Shrockworks makes an excellent product if you’re willing to wait for they to build it. It’s worth it. Good ground clearance, strong, and good protection. I’ve used their products on multiple jeeps and other brand vehicles too.
ShrockWorks 4x4 is Out of Business

Sponsored

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 4 Dr, 2.0 Turbo
I'm replacing the silly-looking chrome tube step I originally put on my 2020 Wrangler (what was I thinking?). This last weekend I was doing some rocks and smashed the left side one. Good riddance... There's a of lot of praise here for several different brands of rock slider/step combos, so that's good. So, let me ask for different advice; anything I should avoid or look out for? I do need a step for the petite wife to use!
Also, is it that hard to use the body bolts for mounting? I'm no mechanic but I can do some wrench bending.
Thanks much...

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
I put a set of the Gen Right steps on my wife's JLUR since she is 5' 3" and she is very pleased with them. We tried them out a few times on our trip to Moab as well at our local off road park. They can be bolted or welded, I chose to bolt them. If you choose them and want to bolt them up, look for a right angle drill and stubby drill bits.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I beat the absolute shit out of my LOD signatures. It's a bit of a step. I bent the stock rubi rails and also the ROAM prior to these.
Sponsored