Rock sliders, finally. Armor-Lite from LOD

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have a question if you don't mind, did you have any problem installing the steel sliders? I used a regular allen wrench and wasn't able to get them tight enough to hold it in place firmly. I'm thinking I need a trip to home depot to get a T-Handle one or something.

Thanks!
Are all of your bolts like that? I used a small hex head socket and 1/4" ratchet but they're small enough that you shouldn't need too much force to tighten them. I did end up stripping one of the bolts but LOD sent me a couple of replacements FOC.
Sponsored

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
They only turn 90° and lock in. Mine held pretty tightly but I ended up having to slide them on and then line them up with the holes, took a bit, about fifteen minutes.
Hmm, yeah mine seemed Locke, however, the bar kept sliding forward/backward on the steps if i apply any pressure to it. Strange

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Are all of your bolts like that? I used a small hex head socket and 1/4" ratchet but they're small enough that you shouldn't need too much force to tighten them. I did end up stripping one of the bolts but LOD sent me a couple of replacements FOC.
yeah, they all are like that… I’m gonna try Home Depot over in orange to see if I can get some replacements before I contact LOD.

Sponsored

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
These guys are amazing and you're crazy if you buy someone else's product.
Yep, i'll be getting an LOD front bumper later this year, just worried a bit about the weight/drop in suspension so i'll prob add a spacer to my lift to keep it 'normal'

mtns&lakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR xtreme recon, 93 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
New to the form and looking at sliders for my 21 Rubicon XR. I've seen on other forum posts that the LOD Signature sliders are more heavy duty than the Destroyer sliders that were considered more medium duty. Where do the Armor lite's rank compared with these? And where do the Mopar performance rock rails rank compared to the three LOD sliders?

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
New to the form and looking at sliders for my 21 Rubicon XR. I've seen on other forum posts that the LOD Signature sliders are more heavy duty than the Destroyer sliders that were considered more medium duty. Where do the Armor lite's rank compared with these? And where do the Mopar performance rock rails rank compared to the three LOD sliders?
The Armor Lite sliders are comparable in strength to the Destroyer sliders. We do offer a steel skid plate that attaches to the Armor lite, this adds even more strength but also the ability to slide on them since they are aluminum.

Sponsored

C5er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The Armor Lite sliders are comparable in strength to the Destroyer sliders. We do offer a steel skid plate that attaches to the Armor lite, this adds even more strength but also the ability to slide on them since they are aluminum.
I have seen several posts where the destroyers have folded into the Rockers on the jeep. Is the armor lite any better or worse than the destroyers. Is the signature any better or worse.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
I have seen several posts where the destroyers have folded into the Rockers on the jeep. Is the armor lite any better or worse than the destroyers. Is the signature any better or worse.
Our Signature Series is the strongest and recommended for trail use. The Destroyer and Armor Lite are comparable in strength.

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've got the armor lights (with steel plates) and they're working quite well so far. Scuffing up the steel plates, as they should be, everything working well! Love em

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock sliders, finally. Armor-Lite from LOD 1649087273531

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock sliders, finally. Armor-Lite from LOD 1649087424195

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock sliders, finally. Armor-Lite from LOD 1649087215969

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Thats great to hear, glad you like them! The aluminum slider body itself is equivalent in strength to the Destroyer, but the steel plate is needed to allow the aluminum to slide instead of just dig in. The Armor Lite mounts I believe are also a little stronger the the Destroyers.

mtns&lakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR xtreme recon, 93 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
LoD Armor Lites with optional steel skid plates ordered thru Northridge by the shop that was doing some other work for me at the same time. The armor lites and skid plates came with a box for the bolts that had the inspected/signed by name on the box, only the box was empty! Shop used their own bolts for the rock sliders but couldn't install the steel skid plates with out the specialty bolts they require. Have been waiting for those specialty bolts since May 18th and still no word on when they will come.
Sponsored