Sponsored

Rock slider w/ step feature advice needed for JLUR

Twowheels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 GMC Sierra 8.1, ‘22 JLURD
You could trim probably 6-8” off either end without affecting the structural integrity. There’s no fasteners at either end beyond the ones in the pinch welds below the doors. The performance rails use exactly the same fasteners as the factory Rubicon rails, and are built the same way, just wider.

5214DAAB-B8BB-439F-83B3-07F48D566D08.jpeg
5214DAAB-B8BB-439F-83B3-07F48D566D08.jpeg

This photo is the factory rails, however the performance set is identical other than being a wider profile. Sort of a 2x4 rather than 2x2. If you trimmed the ends the plastic end caps should pop right back in.
Although I only removed a small wedge from the front, they are definitely able to be trimmed and caps reinstalled.
Sponsored

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Although I only removed a small wedge from the front, they are definitely able to be trimmed and caps reinstalled.
That's good to hear, I think I only need maybe ~2" off the front and rear, so overall around 4" shorter.

How is everyone liking them as a small step? Are they helpful for like your significant other's that might be more on the shorter side?

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
That's good to hear, I think I only need maybe ~2" off the front and rear, so overall around 4" shorter.

How is everyone liking them as a small step? Are they helpful for like your significant other's that might be more on the shorter side?
I suppose they are better than nothing, however the rail is nearly at the same level as the vehicle floor.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Sliders should be able to slide rocks. Most of the ones I see look like sliders but dent, move and bend when asked to slide rocks. My RockHard sliders have slid on rocks multiple times. They scratch but don't dent. I'd call them and see if they could shorten a pair.

OP
OP
LCW

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7

After a few weeks I still like them a lot and they are definitely helpful. Just need to put your foot sideways.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LCW

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
I suppose they are better than nothing, however the rail is nearly at the same level as the vehicle floor.
They are more useful than they look. They are lower than the floor and don’t have to step over the sill. If you’re tall they’ll probably get in the way but for shorter people they work well.

DGT

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel, Ford Excursion,Volvo XC70
I installed the LOD Off Road Armor Lite's today. I was looking for a step also, and am more impressed with this option than I thought I would be. They are very lite, welds are clean, and seem sturdy.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock slider w/ step feature advice needed for JLUR IMG_20220428_202003984_HDR (002)

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I installed the LOD Off Road Armor Lite's today. I was looking for a step also, and am more impressed with this option than I thought I would be. They are very lite, welds are clean, and seem sturdy.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock slider w/ step feature advice needed for JLUR IMG_20220428_202003984_HDR (002)

Have you been Offroad with these yet?

DGT

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you been Offroad with these yet?
Yes, several days. The step is removable in 30 seconds. I have not slid them on rocks yet though, so can't comment on that if that's your question.

I'm happy with them.

Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Yes, several days. The step is removable in 30 seconds. I have not slid them on rocks yet though, so can't comment on that if that's your question.

I'm happy with them.

Yea that’s my question lol. How they handle sliding across rocks and landing in them?

And do you think the steel slider add on is needed?

DGT

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea that’s my question lol. How they handle sliding across rocks and landing in them?

And do you think the steel slider add on is needed?
At Valley Fair Mall, the speed bumps were pretty manageable, but at Fashion Place Mall, the rock sliders came in pretty handy. JK 😁

I will post an update when I use them as actual rock sliders. The steel slider option seems valuable, but the attachment points are not flush to the steel slider, so I'm worried they will catch rather than slide.