LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Hi- Just curious if
anyone else running a manual and have the RSE steps? I had mine installed yesterday and the installer had a little hiccup running the wiring through the firewall because apparently the auto tranny and manual tranny firewall area is different.
The directions don't mention the difference. Just a head's up to those with manuals if you encounter the same.
Sponsored

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
Hi- Just curious if
anyone else running a manual and have the RSE steps? I had mine installed yesterday and the installer had a little hiccup running the wiring through the firewall because apparently the auto tranny and manual tranny firewall area is different.
The directions don't mention the difference. Just a head's up to those with manuals if you encounter the same.
I'm having that issue and would love to see how they passed the electrical through on your JLU if you could attach pictures. From RSE...

"We do not have a certain point we recommend for manual transmission unfortunately, and the shops we have had that installed them all did it differently, so we don't have a universal location for manual transmissions currently. We are going to put a request into the engineering group to review that part of the installation so we can provide a certain point to pass through the firewall."

Not too helpful since I have my steps installed and am now trying to complete the electrical portion.

rkv34

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 3.6L MT Sting Gray, 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hi- Just curious if
Follow the instructions in this thread https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...step-lights-with-door-open-illumination.8744/.

He talks about routing the wire through the firewall near the passenger side footwell. I wired mine this way and I have a manual transmission. Definitely easier with two people so you know when you make it through.
Sponsored