Sponsored

Rock Slide Engineering Step-Slider Install and Review (with video)

OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree they are A PITA to install, but worth it. Probably a little better for me since I won them from RSE. I see someone there is A Gamecock fan? Me too.
Sorry for the slow reply, but congrats on the win! That's a heck of a prize!

Yep, my wife is the major Gamecock fan (she grew up in Sumter, SC). I'm just a bandwagon fan through her, haha.
Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Still loving my RSE's 3 months post installation. I still haven't even lubed them once and they're still functioning perfectly! I highly recommend, even for a stock Rubicon. Makes it so easy to get in and out. Plus, you always feel like a boss when you park and people see them drop as the doors open. It just looks badass!

Last edited:

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
Clubs

Thank you for taking the time to video and post this. I'm about to tackle this install and this video is very helpful.

OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for taking the time to video and post this. I'm about to tackle this install and this video is very helpful.
Thanks for the feedback! I did it in the hope that it would benefit someone out there, so I'm glad to hear it has.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I actually appreciate the solid "clunk" these make when they close. Its the only way I am able to confirm they've retracted before I hit the starter. If the Jeep is already running (say I just dropped someone off), its how I know its ok to put it in gear and take off since you cant see the RSEs from the driver's seat. So I do like the clunk and it is absolutely useful - and not all that loud in any case...

captnjbk

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon. 2017 Moto Guzzi V7.
Totally reccomend the Rock Slide Eng steps. Got them for the wife and she loves them. I like the sound they make opening and closing so I know it's all good. These things are built like a battle ship and I've banged them pretty hard with no issues. I do spray a little dry lube on the articulator after a good washing. Super simple to do.
Expensive but worth every penny. IMO
Sponsored