Rock Slide Engineering Rocker Guards Install and Review

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Having a Black Wrangler the rocker area is the 1st to start showing paint scratches and wear from feet and dirt. I have been watching for rocker guards since I purchased the wrangler, I came across the Rock Slider Engineering Rockerguards AX-SS-RG-JL4 which is one of the 1st available. I ordered from 4WP $199, the quality is very good finish matches my Go Rhino steps. They are made out of Aluminum so they are light weight.

Installation is easy takes about 1-2 hours. You will need a step drill bit and a regular 3/8" bit. This installation requires nutserts so you will need the nutsert tool which you can likely rent or barrow from auto parts stores. I bought one from Amazon $56

I could not be happier with how they look and the added protection is welcomed. The only advice I would give to RSE is make the wholes bigger so alignment is not so tight. Doing it again I would elongate the holes and there is maybe at best 1/16" leeway when you drill for nutserts,

Here are the skins and the basic tools needed

rocker%20tools_zpso4wtbc2r.jpg

After you drill all the holes use a self etching primer to paint the exposed metal

Rocker%20paint_zpsbfdijhse.jpg

Also when placing the nutserts I also used Red Locktite on them, so these gave a good water tight seal

Rocker%20nutcert_zps47jjg9kw.jpg

rocker%201_zpssph7chtj.jpg

rocker%20side%20view_zpsacghhjjf.jpg
Sponsored