Rock slide Engineering fail

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I bought the rock slide engineering slider and had off road warehouse install them back in mid March. Only been on the trail once and the slider took a little hit on some rocks. A couple of weeks ago the slider didn't retract when the door was closed. But it worked after I opened and closed the door. Today the slider once again did not retract. I did exactly the same thing opening the door and this time I hear a click and the slider is loose and will neither stay up or down. Not a good idea. I went t ORW and first thing they said is oh you have a rash on the slider. The people there zip tied the slider up and a week from tomorrow (Saturday) they will look at the slider. My question is, is this normal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get the optional skid reinforcements? I haven't smacked mine yet, but they stuck open once and I just flipped the switch to reset them and back to normal.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...rock-slide-engineering-step-slider-skid-plate
Not yet. We did the reset and nothing happened. Apparently some kind of latch is loose and the motor was not starting. I asked the people at ORW if the rock rash would cause the problem. They said no. Also it also less than a week from installing the sliders when I tagged the rock. No problems for the next 5 months. I will find out next week what gives.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I put the skid plates on mine before I went to the rubicon trail, otherwise they might have had the same result.

Did you bend it?

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the skid plates on mine before I went to the rubicon trail, otherwise they might have had the same result.

Did you bend it?
No. The slider deployed good for 5 months. I am planning on getting the skids

Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
that is too bad that you may have got a defective one. I am on my second set with no issues.

My first set was on my JK

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered both the steel skid plate and aluminum side plate for the slider. ORW said that the issue is something with the unit and nothing I did. Next Saturday the slider gets fixed and the new guards go in.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
one warning about the skid plate, the top corner isn't rounded like the slider, so if it touches your leg when you get out, it is a little sharper... It wont cut your clothes or anything, but it is noticeable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the aluminum side plate?
There are 2 guards for the slider. The skid plate (AX-SS-SP-JL4)($499.99) is steel and covers the bottom of the slider. The rock guards (AX-SS-RG-JL4) ($199.99) is aluminum and covers the side and bottom of the doors.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Aah rocker guards. Nice (rocker panel)

I didnt want those, you drill into the body for those.

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)