Sponsored

Rock Rails Compromise Ride Quality?

ieatcats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punkn JLUR
Hi All, I recently installed the Patriot sliders from Rock Hard and noticed my ride is much stiffer. I then added a heavy steel bumper and warn winch to the front and it's even worse. My theory is that because the Patriot sliders connect to both the frame and the body, you've effectivly cut out any body to frame isolation. Is this a valid concern? Is ride Quality a tradeoff for frame mounted sliders? This is on a 2019 JLUR that originally had the plastic bumper.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All, I recently installed the Patriot sliders from Rock Hard and noticed my ride is much stiffer. I then added a heavy steel bumper and warn winch to the front and it's even worse. My theory is that because the Patriot sliders connect to both the frame and the body, you've effectivly cut out any body to frame isolation. Is this a valid concern? Is ride Quality a tradeoff for frame mounted sliders? This is on a 2019 JLUR that originally had the plastic bumper.
Well, the body is mounted to the frame via rubber isolators that allow the two to move independently from each other. Adding a hard connection point will defeat that purpose.

I forget which company, but there was an issue of stress cracking on a roof rack, due to being attached to the a-pillars and the rear bumper.