Rock Rail removal

ecdj

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Trying to remove the rock rails on My Rubicon, I encountered some bolts that hold the rails have rounded edges. Any idea how these are removed?
Thanks for any assistance.
Advertisement

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Pics would be helpful. I removed the rails from my Rubicon without any issue, but I don't recall what all the bolts were like...

OP
OP

ecdj

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Pics would be helpful. I removed the rails from my Rubicon without any issue, but I don't recall what all the bolts were like...
Green

92BD45EA-1051-4635-98A5-1C53141FF3C5.jpeg

JackA

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
I think the "head" of the nut is on the other side. Can you get to the other side? I also removed the rails from my 2021 Rubicon and had no problem doing it. Are you working on a stock Rubicon or has it been modified in the past?

OP
OP

ecdj

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I think the "head" of the nut is on the other side. Can you get to the other side? I also removed the rails from my 2021 Rubicon and had no problem doing it. Are you working on a stock Rubicon or has it been modified in the past?
Thanks, I have a Gladiator. Brand new

Sarge21

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sarge Green
I didn't have to touch those on my JLU. Just 6 small bolts trough the pinch seam and 3 larger ones up into the body.

OP
OP

ecdj

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
My Gladiator has three 1/2 and Eight 10mm
Four regular bolts and four plastic coated so they have to be done from the other end. Doable but unnecessary.

Advertisement

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Advertisement