Sponsored

Rock Krawler X Lift worth the wait time?

OP
OP
TravisEA

TravisEA

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Chevy Z71
Almost 11 weeks out and still waiting on springs and shocks that haven’t shipped. I’m starting to think rock krawler doesn’t actual exist and I’m the sucker of a really bad keep joke.
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Almost 11 weeks out and still waiting on springs and shocks that haven’t shipped. I’m starting to think rock krawler doesn’t actual exist and I’m the sucker of a really bad keep joke.
Be thankful you aren't waiting on King coilovers, I was quoted 16-18 week lead time when I ordered, of course you may get there yet. If I get my Kings you can have my RK shocks and springs, they do exist.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

it was rough i waited like 12 weeks for my J-konnect JKS lift to arrive. my brother waited about 4 months for his icon kit. with everyone being home and everything being shut down in cali more people are buying lifts now than ever. Most people just want something to do while at home.

OP
OP
TravisEA

TravisEA

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be thankful you aren't waiting on King coilovers, I was quoted 16-18 week lead time when I ordered, of course you may get there yet. If I get my Kings you can have my RK shocks and springs, they do exist.
What is crazy is that what you ordered is no small stack of coins, that is some serious cash and it still takes that long.

Makes me long for my younger days when I just said screw it, bolt the cheapest thing you have on the jeep and we’ll replace it with better when it breaks.

I’m just going to live vicariously through everyone on the forums until they call my number.
Cheers friends, thank you all for entertaining me.

OP
OP
TravisEA

TravisEA

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it was rough i waited like 12 weeks for my J-konnect JKS lift to arrive. my brother waited about 4 months for his icon kit. with everyone being home and everything being shut down in cali more people are buying lifts now than ever. Most people just want something to do while at home.
I honestly hope that is the reason and not something like an offshore manufacturing snag due to covid. Especially with companies that stress how they are primarily American made.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I honestly hope that is the reason and not something like an offshore manufacturing snag due to covid. Especially with companies that stress how they are primarily American made.
Supposedly there are only a few big manufacturers of coil springs that can handle large orders, i dont guess it takes much to disrupt a small supply chain like that if true. I know your pain, both now and in the past with Jeep parts, hang in there buddy.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I think every quality lift manufacturer has currently a lead time of several weeks
This is true.

Supposedly there are only a few big manufacturers of coil springs that can handle large orders, i dont guess it takes much to disrupt a small supply chain like that if true. I know your pain, both now and in the past with Jeep parts, hang in there buddy.
Based on conversations I've had in the past (c. 2008 meltdown) w/ friends w/ industry connections, this is correct. There is one that is american made, and there's one that imports. in the 2008 meltdown they saw some significant delays due to financial troubles.

Hi all,
I've been saving up $$$ for quite awhile for a quality lift my 18 sahara. After reading for weeks, I've gone full circle so many times it is insane. I finally pulled the trigger on the rock krawler 2.5 X factor lift. During the order process, the 4wps rep warned me that if they do not have the parts in stock then it can take awhile.

They called Rock Krawler for me last week and were told they are still 8-10 weeks out for the parts they do not have in stock (shocks and springs). 4WP guy did warn me so not fault on them. I just cannot imagine a prepaid order taking 2+ months to produce.

Is the kit worth the wait? Am I crazy for waiting this long? Honest opinion should I cancel and hook up with a different company. I wanted this lift because it seems to have everything done correctly in one shot. I'm not a heavy off-roader or anything, I just want things done right this time around. Now the wait time has me second guessing that I should have just gone with teraflex instead. Please tell me, is it truly worth the wait? Also concerned NY will pull the trigger and shut them down partially again which will drag their manufacturing times even longer.
Call RK Directly. I know they have lead times, Not sure what they are though. My buddy moved to FL and talked to 4WP to see if he could get a kit for his 2 dr JLR Mojito. They told him something similar and after doing some digging apparently 4WP has trouble on their end getting parts from certain suppliers, RK being one of them. So he's going to go through RK directly whenever he has the time.

When I order my kit, I'll go direct and pick it up since they're local to me. I've always run their stuff on my Jeeps and it's always been top notch.

AROD21

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I've been waiting for my Kit since August. I ordered here in So. Cal at Rock Tech Off Road and still dont have it. Might just cancel the order and go with something else...

OP
OP
TravisEA

TravisEA

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A late Christmas miracle may have just happened. Parts guy said they just got a huge shipment in and thinks it could be in the batch. Should hear back from him shortly...fingers crossed here.

This.may.actually.happen.after.all.

OP
OP
TravisEA

TravisEA

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The eagle has landed. I repeat, the eagle has landed. Parts are a gooo!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TravisEA

TravisEA

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Install (shop) complete! So incredibly happy thus far. It looks amazing and can't wait to get away from work to really play with it. Definitely rides a bit stiffer than before but that is just from the install drive away from the shop initial impression (also went with the twin tube shocks instead of the premium offering to just feel it out for a bit.) Last time I had a jeep with 35s was my old TJ death trap on a cheap lift. Extremely extremely happy! Thanks for everyone who entertained me in the thread.

Before:

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler X Lift worth the wait time? image0

After:

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler X Lift worth the wait time? IMG_4491

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Install (shop) complete! So incredibly happy thus far. It looks amazing and can't wait to get away from work to really play with it. Definitely rides a bit stiffer than before but that is just from the install drive away from the shop initial impression (also went with the twin tube shocks instead of the premium offering to just feel it out for a bit.) Last time I had a jeep with 35s was my old TJ death trap on a cheap lift. Extremely extremely happy! Thanks for everyone who entertained me in the thread.

Before:

After:

Looks great dude, glad you waited it out. If you get the RRD shocks, it will be a little softer on road ride.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I think everything other than the coils are made in house by Rock Krawler. You won't be sorry you waited. I know they just moved into a new building a couple months ago and have had a couple of Covid issues.

Edit: Lol, I guess I should have read the whole page before responding.
Sponsored