Not open for further replies.

YMYKE4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
No sir. Our Twin Tubes are not manufactured by Fox. Fox does not make a Twin Tube Shock other than their high end internal bypasses. Fox will be releasing their "general use shocks" right now, but their lengths come up a little short on the 3.5" level for what we expect for travel.

The shocks we will be working on with Fox will fit our expected travel ranges, be 2.5" diameter and have external adjusters on them. Safe to say they will be fairly high ended shocks from Fox.
Has something been released yet?
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
@Rock Krawler Suspension , I was looking at the shock specs for your 2.5" lift and I had a few questions. I plan to run the Fox Factory race 2.5 shocks. Your specs state for a generic shock it should be 16" collapsed and 27.5" max extented. Is the 16" collapsed a minimum or maximum figure? The fox website lists the shocks for the 2-3" lift at 16.3" compressed and 26.5" extended, and the shocks for the 3.5-4" lifts at 17.3" collapsed 28.3" extended. So the smaller seems to leave a little travel.on the table, but the longer one seems too long. I know Fox is normally a little shorter on the travel so I assume the shorter one would work better. What are your thoughts on the proper factory race fox shock to run with the 2.5" lift springs you have?

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
@Rock Krawler Suspension , I was looking at the shock specs for your 2.5" lift and I had a few questions. I plan to run the Fox Factory race 2.5 shocks. Your specs state for a generic shock it should be 16" collapsed and 27.5" max extented. Is the 16" collapsed a minimum or maximum figure? The fox website lists the shocks for the 2-3" lift at 16.3" compressed and 26.5" extended, and the shocks for the 3.5-4" lifts at 17.3" collapsed 28.3" extended. So the smaller seems to leave a little travel.on the table, but the longer one seems too long. I know Fox is normally a little shorter on the travel so I assume the shorter one would work better. What are your thoughts on the proper factory race fox shock to run with the 2.5" lift springs you have?
The shorter Fox's would make more sense unless you want to add limiting straps to prevent the potential of unseating springs. The 16.3" will be fine, you just may need to adjust bumpstops to ensure not overcompressing the shock.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
These are the lengths on the RRD shocks for the 2.5, 3.5, and 4.5 lift heights on the JL. These measurements absolutely maximize the available travel without allowing the coils to unseat and should be an excellent guide for selecting shock lengths.

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 8.54.30 AM.png

Marcus

Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Price isn't always everything but I'd be happy to help you out. I can ship the product the same day you order and answer any questions you have before you order as well as during installation.

Reach out to me if want to!

Marcus

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
I am looking to possibly purchase the RK Max Travel 2.5" lift, any suggestions on routes to go to find the best pricing for this lift kit?
Make sure whoever you go with will have support, if you ever need it. @River City Offroad is a brick and mortar shop and has been a retailer of ours for a long long time, nothing but good things to say about him.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I never posted here but another very happy customer. RK adventure series 3 with Fox shocks. I found the quality to be great. I have not put it through serious hard work yet but am confident it will be ready for the task.

D846E8DC-21F3-47A9-AAC6-B3BE6C657EDE.jpeg

359F2E6D-D1D8-4B69-9F3E-E51B2E2D968D.jpeg

8742370A-AD66-4D47-B8BC-950703257695.jpeg

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That is a great looking rig @Goin2drt. It stands out in the crowd.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
I just installed my RK lift (2.5" X-Factor Flex Stage 1). Took me a little over a day by myself. Just gotta get an alignment now.
IMG_3056.JPG
IMG_3057.JPG
IMG_3058.JPG
@Rubicrush What you are describing is a function of having your steering wheel off center, if it is off 2 degrees to the left or right of center it will trigger that warning. Your drag link needs to be adjusted to correct it, if you have a shop do an alignment, they should correct it or you can do it at home with some hand tools. Sorry for the delay, I missed the notification on that post.

Rubicrush

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
@Rubicrush What you are describing is a function of having your steering wheel off center, if it is off 2 degrees to the left or right of center it will trigger that warning. Your drag link needs to be adjusted to correct it, if you have a shop do an alignment, they should correct it or you can do it at home with some hand tools. Sorry for the delay, I missed the notification on that post.
It's all good. The alignment fixed it. Loving the kit.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like your about to loose a spring in the second picture.
I never posted here but another very happy customer. RK adventure series 3 with Fox shocks. I found the quality to be great. I have not put it through serious hard work yet but am confident it will be ready for the task.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler Suspension JLU Suspension Products Coming Soon 8742370A-AD66-4D47-B8BC-950703257695

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler Suspension JLU Suspension Products Coming Soon 8742370A-AD66-4D47-B8BC-950703257695

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I'm on my second RK X factor Had a 3.5" X factor on a 2015 Rubi running 35s and now a 2.5 X factor on a JL running 37s. We have put ours through the paces over the past few years and I would say an RK suspension not only performs but is near bullet proof.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Looks like your about to loose a spring in the second picture.
Dang you are right. I was going to take it out Saturday for it’s first test. I need to check that out first before being stranded. Not sure what it is supposed to look like but that doesn’t look right. I didn’t do the install.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.