Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Can you share the basis of lift height for the 4xe coils? We've identify that the 4xe sits about an inch higher than the equivalent trim non-4xe. Do we need to factor that in when deciding on lift height?

Also, with the length changes with the driveshaft are we still good with 29" shock extension on the stock front shaft?
29" is 29" on shock length, regardless of lift height, regardless of trim level, sub model, that is the number that dictates driveshaft requirements.

The 3.5" 4xe specific coils are a true 3.5" over the stock 4xe Rubicon. These aren't coils adapted over from other models or platforms so no guess work.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
29" is 29" on shock length, regardless of lift height, regardless of trim level, sub model, that is the number that dictates driveshaft requirements.

The 3.5" 4xe specific coils are a true 3.5" over the stock 4xe Rubicon. These aren't coils adapted over from other models or platforms so no guess work.
Awesome, thanks!

MRMDFY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadowbanned and taking the bus

Is there a link to the 4xe lift on your site? I couldn't find it.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Is there a link to the 4xe lift on your site? I couldn't find it.
Not yet. Anything you see in 3.5" Mid arm options can be made as a 3.5" 4xe specific kit.

Jwade

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xE
Not yet. Anything you see in 3.5" Mid arm options can be made as a 3.5" 4xe specific kit.
Want to make sure I am clear on this. I ordered a 3.5" mid arm x factor no limit stage one kit last week. For this kit to work properly with my 4xE do I only have to swap the coil springs to part numbers
RK07960 3.5" 4XE Front Coil
RK07961 3.5"4xE Rear Coil

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Want to make sure I am clear on this. I ordered a 3.5" mid arm x factor no limit stage one kit last week. For this kit to work properly with my 4xE do I only have to swap the coil springs to part numbers
RK07960 3.5" 4XE Front Coil
RK07961 3.5"4xE Rear Coil
That is correct

Jwade

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xE
That is correct
Regarding wheels with the 3.5" mid arm x factor no limits stage 1 kit, I see that 4.5" back spacing is recommended for the Rubicon. Could I get away with a 37x12.5 or even 13.5 tire and a 17x8.5 wheel with 4.75" back spacing without rubbing?

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Regarding wheels with the 3.5" mid arm x factor no limits stage 1 kit, I see that 4.5" back spacing is recommended for the Rubicon. Could I get away with a 37x12.5 or even 13.5 tire and a 17x8.5 wheel with 4.75" back spacing without rubbing?
On a Rubicon, with a 12.50 tire, you can cheat the recommendations some but due to differences in wheel manufacturers and tire manufacturers, 4.5" is the safe recommendation.

On a Rubicon, with a 13.50 tire, you can't cheat that number at all.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Do you guys have 4XE specific springs for your 2.5" kits yet?
2.5" and 4.5" are on their way but not here yet. We are probably about 60 days out on them.

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Those are the 3.5" 4xE coils. Otherwise, the mid arm kits are identical to all of the other Diesel/Gas kits. 392 is not done yet but we do have a factory 392 in the shop right now getting test fit.
So you guys will be offering 392 specific coils/kits as well as 4XE kits?

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
So you guys will be offering 392 specific coils/kits as well as 4XE kits?
Correct. The JL chassis is challenging because 2.0/3.6 needs one set of springs, 3.0 Diesel needs a different set, 4xe another set and 392 another... We are looking at 24 unique springs to satisfy all the engine options and available lift heights. We are lighting fires under our spring manufacturer to get us as many coils at possible while still supporting JK and TJ/LJ and YJ plus all the different coilover options across the board. It's pretty cool how many options exist now.

Jwade

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xE
What are the back spacing requirements for a 38" tire on the jlu rubicon with the x factor 3.5 lift? I tried a forum search but couldn't find it.

Jazzicon

First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Extreme Recon, 2021 Toyota
@rockkrawlersuspension , I am awaiting delivery of my 2.5” flex lift for my 2021 Rubicon XR, 3.6 gas engine.
In preparation for the install, I have discovered the XR factory rear track bar axle bracket is reinforced and already raised from the factory. I’m not sure if the supplied rear track bar bracket will work or is necessary. Any advice on how to proceed with that when my lift arrives?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.