First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Dang you are right. I was going to take it out Saturday for it’s first test. I need to check that out first before being stranded. Not sure what it is supposed to look like but that doesn’t look right. I didn’t do the install.
make sure you are using the correct bottom mount (supplied from RK) and that you have the top mount in the hole and spring correctly oriented.

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
Is there a significant difference of off-road capability between the Adventure Series and X-Factor? I am leaning Adventure Series since it will be my daily but I do want to be able to take on some moderate to difficult trails. Camping and trails like Black Bear Pass or Imogene Pass.

I guess I could start with Adventure Series and bump it up if I reach my limits. Is the X-Factor livable on road?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Is there a significant difference of off-road capability between the Adventure Series and X-Factor? I am leaning Adventure Series since it will be my daily but I do want to be able to take on some moderate to difficult trails. Camping and trails like Black Bear Pass or Imogene Pass.

I guess I could start with Adventure Series and bump it up if I reach my limits. Is the X-Factor livable on road?
I will let them answer BUT here is one thing to keep in mind that cost me a few extra bucks.

I bought the Adventure series 3 just for your same reasons, exactly. HOWEVER I ended up needing and buying front adjustable LCA's to get the caster right and those come on the X Factor so food for thought. I do like mine, it is very nice for a DD and I have not put it through any tough stuff yet so I cannot answer that.

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will let them answer BUT here is one thing to keep in mind that cost me a few extra bucks.

I bought the Adventure series 3 just for your same reasons, exactly. HOWEVER I ended up needing and buying front adjustable LCA's to get the caster right and those come on the X Factor so food for thought. I do like mine, it is very nice for a DD and I have not put it through any tough stuff yet so I cannot answer that.
Thanks for that tip! Outside of the reasons I gave above correct geometry is very high on my list. If the X-Factor gives you the best options to dial that in it may be worth it. The only question is how it rides daily. Knowing that might be pretty subjective.

Last edited:

Sponsored

First Name
Abdulrahman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2018
Hi there i tried to contact you guys but i cant find any email im looking for correction seats or pads for both front and rear (mopar lift springs ) currently the bow is equal on the front after track bar adjustment but there is a little bow on both towerds the out side that i hope to fix with better seats or pads on the rear after installing 1350 shaft i had to adjust pinion angle the springs bowing to the back so i need something to fix it or make it better

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs

Just FYI Black Bear and Imogene pass do not require much flex unless you roll over the edge and then no lift kit will save you.

You can run those and many others bone stock. Poughkeepsie and Mineral creek will stretch your legs a bit but not too bad either.

In my opinion either of those kits you listed will be great. I am on my second Xfactor 8 arm and they have been fantastic.

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just FYI Black Bear and Imogene pass do not require much flex unless you roll over the edge and then no lift kit will save you.

You can run those and many others bone stock. Poughkeepsie and Mineral creek will stretch your legs a bit but not too bad either.

In my opinion either of those kits you listed will be great. I am on my second Xfactor 8 arm and they have been fantastic.
Makes sense. I'll try to stay on the trails. I've been leaning X-factor recently as you get the adjustable lower control arms.

Do you drive it daily and is it suitable for you?

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense. I'll try to stay on the trails. I've been leaning X-factor recently as you get the adjustable lower control arms.

Do you drive it daily and is it suitable for you?
My wife drives it daily . Installed the 2.5 X Factor and 37s June of 2019 I believe and have put about 20 K Miles on it. Very happy. Just added flat tube fenders and will be removing one bump stop all around this weekend I hope. Rides really well on Highway and flex off road is killer. We do some fairly serious rock crawling with it. Often run level four trails (1-5 scale) and seldom use the winch.

The eight arms do make setup very easy. It also kicks the axles out which properly centers your wheel in the well. Pinion angle is a snap. However tightening the Jam nuts on the arms is never fun,.

I will also say the starting measurements that RK give you are so close (at least on mine) that the only changes I had to make were to spin the joint for the grease fitting to be right. Well done RK!

Good luck

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife drives it daily . Installed the 2.5 X Factor and 37s June of 2019 I believe and have put about 20 K Miles on it. Very happy. Just added flat tube fenders and will be removing one bump stop all around this weekend I hope. Rides really well on Highway and flex off road is killer. We do some fairly serious rock crawling with it. Often run level four trails (1-5 scale) and seldom use the winch.

The eight arms do make setup very easy. It also kicks the axles out which properly centers your wheel in the well. Pinion angle is a snap. However tightening the Jam nuts on the arms is never fun,.

I will also say the starting measurements that RK give you are so close (at least on mine) that the only changes I had to make were to spin the joint for the grease fitting to be right. Well done RK!

Good luck
That's awesome to hear. I'll have the same scenario with the wife driving sometimes. Getting the geometry straight is very important to me. What shocks are you running with your setup? The Fox 2.5 would be my default. Not sure what else pairs well. RK springs are progressive if I remember correct.

Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome to hear. I'll have the same scenario with the wife driving sometimes. Getting the geometry straight is very important to me. What shocks are you running with your setup? The Fox 2.5 would be my default. Not sure what else pairs well. RK springs are progressive if I remember correct.
Yes they are progressive springs. On our previous JKUR with 3.5 RK X factor I ran Rancho 9000XLs with great success they are adjustable. On this JLUR and 2.5 lift we are running Teraflex Falcon shocks (non adjustable) If I had it to do again I would have ran the Falcons adjustable.

Do not overlook the shocks that Rock Krawler make as well. Ive heard nothing but good things about those. At the time I ordered my lift, the JL lifts were fairly new to market, and they were not available. Many more choices now. We love the Falcons and with STT pro 37s running at 26 PSI the ride is great. However not everybody is running tires that chalk test well at those lower pressures. so you my want a slightly softer shock or one that can be adjusted to be happy regardless.
I have used Fox steering stabilizers in the past but have not actually ran their shocks. Regardless of brand adjustability is something I will not overlook again.

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes they are progressive springs. On our previous JKUR with 3.5 RK X factor I ran Rancho 9000XLs with great success they are adjustable. On this JLUR and 2.5 lift we are running Teraflex Falcon shocks (non adjustable) If I had it to do again I would have ran the Falcons adjustable.

Do not overlook the shocks that Rock Krawler make as well. Ive heard nothing but good things about those. At the time I ordered my lift, the JL lifts were fairly new to market, and they were not available. Many more choices now. We love the Falcons and with STT pro 37s running at 26 PSI the ride is great. However not everybody is running tires that chalk test well at those lower pressures. so you my want a slightly softer shock or one that can be adjusted to be happy regardless.
I have used Fox steering stabilizers in the past but have not actually ran their shocks. Regardless of brand adjustability is something I will not overlook again.
I hear good things about the Falcons 3.1-3.3's. I only questioned if they paired well with the RK springs. Sounds like it's been good for you.

Do you run a stabilizer now and has the lift set up improved the steering overall?

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear good things about the Falcons 3.1-3.3's. I only questioned if they paired well with the RK springs. Sounds like it's been good for you.

Do you run a stabilizer now and has the lift set up improved the steering overall?
I have had no reason to add stabilizer so far. Even on highway with the grooved pavement or where heavy trucks have formed a path it will follow but itis not the jerky steering wheel situation that caused me to install one on our JKUR. Nor have I had my knuckles smacked by a steering wheel during a healthy trail run.

Caymanedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone go from the RK X-Factor Mid-arm lift to the RK Adventure Long-arm? Trying to figure out if I can just swap lower Control Arms/Frame Brackets.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Anyone go from the RK X-Factor Mid-arm lift to the RK Adventure Long-arm? Trying to figure out if I can just swap lower Control Arms/Frame Brackets.
Running a short/mid arm upper with a long arm lower would lead to some pretty negative geometry issues. Additionally, the lower arms will interfere with the upper control arm brackets in the front.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.