Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Been reading and looking at lift kits for my JLU Altitude. Have been checking out the ICON stage 4 and the Rock Krawler 2.5 X Factor no limits lift w/fox shocks. I had a Icon stage 5 on my Tacoma and is was very nice it had the 2.5 reservoir shock, i know nothing about the Rock Krawler except it looks like it comes with a lot of parts. . What are your thoughts on these two? How will each perform on and off road for those who know?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Been reading and looking at lift kits for my JLU Altitude. Have been checking out the ICON stage 4 and the Rock Krawler 2.5 X Factor no limits lift w/fox shocks. I had a Icon stage 5 on my Tacoma and is was very nice it had the 2.5 reservoir shock, i know nothing about the Rock Krawler except it looks like it comes with a lot of parts. . What are your thoughts on these two? How will each perform on and off road for those who know?
I’m a RK fan so I’m going to recommend them. I don’t know that much about the icon kit. Although for that much money I would like to have front quick disconnect sway bar links and adjustable lower control arms.

One thing I would suggest though, I would look at the RK XFactor and not the XFactor No Limits kit. The no limits kit is more for rubicons with the electronic sway bar, the sway bar links are rubicon specific. You can still use them, but they won’t be quick disconnect. The XFactor comes with quick disconnects.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
RK X-factor fan boy here (they earned it), good ride but more importantly great articulation. You will get more like 3-3.5" of lift on a Sport.

OP
OP
Tdkrum5

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to both you I will take a look at the X-factor. What do you think of the fox 2.0 shocks?

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Thanks to both you I will take a look at the X-factor. What do you think of the fox 2.0 shocks?
The Fox shocks are reported to do very well with the RK kits, just avoid the Falcons as they are known to be very stiff. I did the RRD shocks which I like very much, but i'm switching to King coilovers soon as I need the ability to adjust for things I will add in the future.

OP
OP
Tdkrum5

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all. So with the X factor kit it should be good to go? Any other suggestions needed for this kit? I will have a winch and bumper at about 130 pounds will the front springs be OK with this additional weight?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Thanks all. So with the X factor kit it should be good to go? Any other suggestions needed for this kit? I will have a winch and bumper at about 130 pounds will the front springs be OK with this additional weight?
@Roky looks like he has about that much weight on the front of his with no problem. I'm more minimal up front but have a couple hundred extra pounds of weight in the back with a pretty even stance, slightly lower in the back but if I add a front bumper it should even out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler or Icon 20200525_131007

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got a pretty big bumper and winch, not to mention full MC skids. Mine sits just right. (3.5” Midarm, X factor, no limits)

The X factor is a beast, can’t go wrong

022485EE-6A78-4371-8303-512DB11F7A4A.jpeg

09E3F496-90D2-47EB-99E0-538D4BE71658.jpeg

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
If you do end up wanting the Fox 2.0 R/R shocks, Accutune will get them custom valved for your Jeeps weight. No additional charge

OP
OP
Tdkrum5

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
If you do end up wanting the Fox 2.0 R/R shocks, Accutune will get them custom valved for your Jeeps weight. No additional charge
Thanks I will keep this in mind.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
I just had the Icon Stage 5 installed on my JLUR. Went with the stage 5 specifically because of the 2.5 inch reservoir shocks. I also went with the Icon Rebound wheels and KO2 35's, which added about 4 inches of overall lift. It's only been a week, with one day of light to moderate off road, but so far I am very impressed with Icon. Rides great on the highway with no issues and great off road, but will be testing it more soon. Had it on some winding mountain roads today and also handled well. I have no experience with rock krawler so I can't compare, but I am very happy with Icon so far.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler or Icon IMG_0406 (2)

OP
OP
Tdkrum5

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I just had the Icon Stage 5 installed on my JLUR. Went with the stage 5 specifically because of the 2.5 inch reservoir shocks. I also went with the Icon Rebound wheels and KO2 35's, which added about 4 inches of overall lift. It's only been a week, with one day of light to moderate off road, but so far I am very impressed with Icon. Rides great on the highway with no issues and great off road, but will be testing it more soon. Had it on some winding mountain roads today and also handled well. I have no experience with rock krawler so I can't compare, but I am very happy with Icon so far.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler or Icon IMG_0406 (2)
Thanks for the info, Looks really good. Those are the same shocks i had on the Tacoma and really liked the way they performed. Did you add heaver weight springs for the weight of the wench?
Sponsored