Sponsored

Rock Krawler no limits swaybar links?

SDDynaRdr619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon - 2017 Harley Davidson Dyna FXDLS - 2007 Nissan Titan
@Rock Krawler Suspension I just had my RK Max Travel kit installed at 4WP, supposedly everything is tight and torqued. I went out on some local trails, nothing too crazy, had my e-sway bar disconnected. While going through some ruts and rocks, I heard some clunking sort of noises on driver side when driver side was compressed, and some noises when driver side was extended. I know without hearing this it would be hard to tell, but do you think the sway bar end links that came with the kit had something to do with this? I looked over everything the other day and from my novice experience, everything looked fine, no bend or breakage, and it drives great. Would the no limits sway bar links help with these noises?
Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
@Rock Krawler Suspension I just had my RK Max Travel kit installed at 4WP, supposedly everything is tight and torqued. I went out on some local trails, nothing too crazy, had my e-sway bar disconnected. While going through some ruts and rocks, I heard some clunking sort of noises on driver side when driver side was compressed, and some noises when driver side was extended. I know without hearing this it would be hard to tell, but do you think the sway bar end links that came with the kit had something to do with this? I looked over everything the other day and from my novice experience, everything looked fine, no bend or breakage, and it drives great. Would the no limits sway bar links help with these noises?
There's nearly an infinite number of possibilities that could cause noises. Generally loose bolts will cause the most noise, from what you describe, I would check the bolts on both top and bottom of the shock and the bolts on top and bottom of the sway bar link as well as the bolt securing the sway bar link bracket to the axle. The links themselves are unlikely to cause a noise like you are describing.

SDDynaRdr619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's nearly an infinite number of possibilities that could cause noises. Generally loose bolts will cause the most noise, from what you describe, I would check the bolts on both top and bottom of the shock and the bolts on top and bottom of the sway bar link as well as the bolt securing the sway bar link bracket to the axle. The links themselves are unlikely to cause a noise like you are describing.

Thanks for the input, I knew it would be a tough question to answer without being there. Looks like I have a date with my torque wrench.

I have an 18 JLUR - whats the biggest advantage to the No Limits links, would it be a big upgrade to swap out the original RK links that came with the Max Travel to the No Limits?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Thanks for the input, I knew it would be a tough question to answer without being there. Looks like I have a date with my torque wrench.

I have an 18 JLUR - whats the biggest advantage to the No Limits links, would it be a big upgrade to swap out the original RK links that came with the Max Travel to the No Limits?
With the conventional links, you have enough suspension travel, depending on shock choice, to exceed their misalignment capabilities in big flex situations. Which would cause you to need to manually disconnect. With No Limits links you will not exceed this capabilities and will never need to manually disconnect.

SDDynaRdr619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the conventional links, you have enough suspension travel, depending on shock choice, to exceed their misalignment capabilities in big flex situations. Which would cause you to need to manually disconnect. With No Limits links you will not exceed this capabilities and will never need to manually disconnect.
Cool, Ill be looking into upgrading to these soon. Thanks for the input and replies btw. These responses are one of the reasons why I went with Rock Krawler in the first place. Keep up the support, we all, I'm sure, appreciate it.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Cool, Ill be looking into upgrading to these soon. Thanks for the input and replies btw. These responses are one of the reasons why I went with Rock Krawler in the first place. Keep up the support, we all, I'm sure, appreciate it.
We try LOL, At the end of the day, nearly everybody is here because they're Jeepers, it isn't just a job for us.

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
@Rock Krawler Suspension I have the 2.5 XFactor lift on my JLUR and as I was leaving Rausch Creek from a day of wheeling, I noticed a clicking/popping noise coming from the front. I stopped and noticed that the top bushing on my driver side end link had popped out. I was disconnected using the electronic sway bar while wheeling.

I was able to press the bushing back in and reinstall everything. Unfortunately, I'm hearing a loud popping and clicking noise while I'm turning left or on bumpy roads. I checked all of the torque on both end links and brackets and regreased the bushings. I also checked all of my other suspension/steering components and everything is torqued down. Brackets and end links look straight and don't look bent. Noise is still occurring while I turn left. While testing, I removed just the driver side end link and the clicking/popping noise stopped. Also tested by removing the passenger side end link and the noise stopped. Can you provide assistance on what might be causing the noise? Right now it seems like it's the endlinks that's the cause.

xW6fQ3q.jpg

tRUmsdq.jpg

4AtuQem.jpg

Last edited:

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
@Rock Krawler Suspension I have the 2.5 XFactor lift on my JLUR and as I was leaving Rausch Creek from a day of wheeling, I noticed a clicking/popping noise coming from the front. I stopped and noticed that the top bushing on my driver side end link had popped out. I was disconnected using the electronic sway bar while wheeling.

I was able to press the bushing back in and reinstall everything. Unfortunately, I'm hearing a loud popping and clicking noise while I'm turning left or on bumpy roads. I checked all of the torque on both end links and brackets and regreased the bushings. I also checked all of my other suspension/steering components and everything is torqued down. Brackets and end links look straight and don't look bent. Noise is still occurring while I turn left. While testing, I removed just the driver side end link and the clicking/popping noise stopped. Also tested by removing the passenger side end link and the noise stopped. Can you provide assistance on what might be causing the noise?
If the link has pulled out of the ball, like yours has, you exceeded the limits of misalignment on the links and should have been manually disconnected. The no limits links are designed to use just the E disconnect and will not have the same problem.

For the popping/clicking, it typically would indicate something is loose or that one of the brackets is bent allowing it to rotate. Best bet would be to have someone rock the jeep left/right and look for movement at each connection to narrow down the source of the noise. If the noise disappears when disconnected, it is certainly in the links/brackets somewhere.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
@Rock Krawler Suspension

Any plans to make these in a shorter version for smaller lifts? Would it even be necessary? I'm running the dynatrac 2" lift. Actual front lift height is 1.75" My links are 9" long and the sway bar sits at about 13-14 degrees. Is the minimum length on these 10"? I'm assuming that will be too long for me. Thanks.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
@Rock Krawler Suspension

Any plans to make these in a shorter version for smaller lifts? Would it even be necessary? I'm running the dynatrac 2" lift. Actual front lift height is 1.75" My links are 9" long and the sway bar sits at about 13-14 degrees. Is the minimum length on these 10"? I'm assuming that will be too long for me. Thanks.
Minimum length on production links is 10", We machine nearly everything in house so if you need custom length parts, give us a shout.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Directions are being updated to include the NL links, proofreading them this weekend and they will probably be updated on Monday.

Edit: I'm going to convert the file to a PDF and upload it so you've got it, they aren't proof read yet so take it for what it is. Let me know if there's anything you see that needs attention in it.

Edit 2: Attached
Hey just want to clarify. One part of the instructions says to torque the jam nuts to 60-75lbs. Another part says 140-150lbs. I'm assuming it's the 140-150 but just want to make sure.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey just want to clarify. One part of the instructions says to torque the jam nuts to 60-75lbs. Another part says 140-150lbs. I'm assuming it's the 140-150 but just want to make sure.
I torqued mine to 100, right or wrong, I donā€™t know, but I havenā€™t had any issues.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the delay, I was out of the office for a bit and, of course, I'm the one on the forums.

You're right, there was a discrepancy in the instructions. 140-150 is the correct torque value, thanks for finding that. Attached is an updated version of the directions.

Attachments

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
I have a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon EcoDiesel, with your Rock Krawler 3.5" front EcoDiesel Specific springs, and I'm tired of tearing up links... Going with the No Limits links. Are these measurements the same for Wrangler EcoDiesels? I was under the impression that they are 1 inch higher than the gas wranglers.

Based on the instructions, I should be at 11" links eye center to center. Or should it be 12" for the EcoDiesel?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon EcoDiesel, with your Rock Krawler 3.5" front EcoDiesel Specific springs, and I'm tired of tearing up links... Going with the No Limits links. Are these measurements the same for Wrangler EcoDiesels? I was under the impression that they are 1 inch higher than the gas wranglers.

Based on the instructions, I should be at 11" links eye center to center. Or should it be 12" for the EcoDiesel?
You'll want to set them to 11". The diesel is not taller than a gas equivalent model.
Sponsored