Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I can almost guarantee its just a basic shim stack heavy on the rebound lol. Do you have locking hubs too? Cuz then it wont matter regardless lol. Only on the dirt but you wouldnt notice anyways. It is fun to tinker with everything i agree haha
Yea, I'll have manual locking hubs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
200/300 on the front and 33" eye to eye. 200/250 and 33" on the rears.
I can almost guarantee its just a basic shim stack heavy on the rebound lol. Do you have locking hubs too? Cuz then it wont matter regardless lol. Only on the dirt but you wouldnt notice anyways. It is fun to tinker with everything i agree haha
tinkering.......is that what we’re calling it now....😒

Sponsored

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Rebel does very shit work in my opinion, between my rig getting screwed up by them, my buddies rig side steps fell off because the didnt tighten hardware, and they have screwed up a few other things ive picked up from them and had to repair. They are way way over priced for one.
So got back after almost 2 weeks. Went to Grand Junction and had skid plates fitted and then AAL on way home through St George for high line/lights. Did 3 days in Moab in between.

Drumroll...started to get some knocking post Moab on way home. Now that is a sound I recognized.
Trackbar noise. Turns out the rear was never tightened down. Jam nut but maybe 1" unthreaded. Tightened up that puppy and now she runs fine. Wasn't happy. Didn't think of it as it was silent, but loose before that. Probably toasted the joint over the past 2 weeks.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
So got back after almost 2 weeks. Went to Grand Junction and had skid plates fitted and then AAL on way home through St George for high line/lights. Did 3 days in Moab in between.

Drumroll...started to get some knocking post Moab on way home. Now that is a sound I recognized.
Trackbar noise. Turns out the rear was never tightened down. Jam nut but maybe 1" unthreaded. Tightened up that puppy and now she runs fine. Wasn't happy. Didn't think of it as it was silent, but loose before that. Probably toasted the joint over the past 2 weeks.
Bummer. Joints probably okay, threads might be a little sloppy now though. Other than that, that sounds like a great trip!.

oh also, cant say im suprised. Very typical of them

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Gorilla57 , what rock rails do you have on. I’ve got a slight conundrum...... my LOD sliders rear bracket bolts in the body mount that the instructions have me cut the sides off of.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 090DF46A-8EFB-4AE8-88E8-EBA304C10891

If you get a chance , could you stuff your rear wheel and snap a pic of arm so I can see how high it comes up. That would tell me my options. If you can’t, no worries .
Thanks man.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
@Roky you are gonna have to really modify those rear supports. I am running the Motobilt boatsides and they bolt to the body mounts and the body plates. Here are a couple pics of the arms. Circled in yellow is where the arms just ever-so-slightly touch the mount. You can see the arm made a very small rub on it. I've since painted over the rub, but you can still see it.

rear RK arm1.JPG

rear RK arm2.JPG

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky you are gonna have to really modify those rear supports. I am running the Motobilt boatsides and they bolt to the body mounts and the body plates. Here are a couple pics of the arms. Circled in yellow is where the arms just ever-so-slightly touch the mount. You can see the arm made a very small rub on it. I've since painted over the rub, but you can still see it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation rear RK arm2.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation rear RK arm2.JPG
Thanks brother, this is really helpful......👍

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Based on comparing Rokys pic and these pics, there is some definite modification needed for rails :surprised:
It appears the body bolt is hitting arm not cutoff area, correct?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
The rings on the rear passenger side have no edges left on them
CB9959A2-33C9-4852-98B8-191F491D3372.jpeg
So, I was putting on the AGM sliders this weekend, and I noticed that on the Kings the slider had the longer portion of the slider facing the lower spring from the factory, but you have yours facing the crossover rings. The "Coilover Bible" also stated that the longer portion of the slider faces the crossovers. Looking at pics on the interwebz i see them oriented in both directions. If I put them on with the longer portion facing the crossovers the secondary's will engage much sooner than the way King had them oriented. Of course, I could just adjust the crossovers but that brings up the question does it even matter?

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Based on comparing Rokys pic and these pics, there is some definite modification needed for rails :surprised:
It appears the body bolt is hitting arm not cutoff area, correct?
Actually, that was the socket hitting the arm taking the bolt out.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Longer side up and adjust the crossovers. Having the longer side up helps keep it traveling straighter forwhatever reason. Sorry at grand canyon and have 0 service
So, I was putting on the AGM sliders this weekend, and I noticed that on the Kings the slider had the longer portion of the slider facing the lower spring from the factory, but you have yours facing the crossover rings. The "Coilover Bible" also stated that the longer portion of the slider faces the crossovers. Looking at pics on the interwebz i see them oriented in both directions. If I put them on with the longer portion facing the crossovers the secondary's will engage much sooner than the way King had them oriented. Of course, I could just adjust the crossovers but that brings up the question does it even matter?
Sponsored