Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So has anyone installed a ROCK KRAWLER 4.5IN ADVENTURE-X NO LIMITS LONG ARM TRAIL RUNNER SYSTEM? I was wanting to get this ordered but haven't seen anyone on here that has done this? Any input?
I’m upgrading with adventure x long arm upgrade kit. Only 9 more weeks until it supposedly ships......🙄.....all I need is the arms, I’m staying with 3.5” lift. That sounds like an awesome kit, though from what I’ve read.
Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky From what I have heard as well.... I was just hoping someone on here has already done this so that I might glean a little info on it before hand... Do's and Don'ts kinda thing.... I guess I will do it then and post up here about the goings on with it.... thanks bro

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky From what I have heard as well.... I was just hoping someone on here has already done this so that I might glean a little info on it before hand... Do's and Don'ts kinda thing.... I guess I will do it then and post up here about the goings on with it.... thanks bro
Sure man....., you’ll be the first that I know of with that kit. Is this the one your looking at ?

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation D0702FCB-79CD-4C70-9606-60C226F75483

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky I am pretty sure that would be it just pretty pricey...

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky yes I will cry for a while, when I'm not wheelin' but smilin' while wheelin'..... Just don't have the budget for one tons yet....

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
If they sent it out for alignment, then I guarantee your low on caster. They probably put in spec for stock Rubi. On your alignment read out you want caster in the red ( out of spec) and everything else in the green ( in spec) .
So I don't have the printout but cast or was set for 5.7 (3.5" RK lift with 1" spacers)

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I don't have the printout but cast or was set for 5.7 (3.5" RK lift with 1" spacers)
Yeah...... you need be at 6.5 or a little more, with that much lift, imho. It doesn’t sound like a lot of difference but it is, and it’ll definitely handle better.

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
What do you say your final total time was to get it done?
That’s a good question, if I had to guess, probably 14-16 hours total. But, I could easily cut a bunch of time off if I have to do it again. Seized set screw slowed me down, figuring out that pressing off old red bushings was a waste of time and cutting them off only takes a couple of minutes, pressing the new red bushings on the ball and into the arm took some experimenting (1-1/2” socket works perfectly), cleaning the grease mess took a while, hunting for ratchet strap to line up bolt holes, had to grind on front lower control arm brace to get arm out, etc. All of that ate up time. I bet I could do it in 10-ish hours.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
That’s a good question, if I had to guess, probably 14-16 hours total. But, I could easily cut a bunch of time off if I have to do it again. Seized set screw slowed me down, figuring out that pressing off old red bushings was a waste of time and cutting them off only takes a couple of minutes, pressing the new red bushings on the ball and into the arm took some experimenting (1-1/2” socket works perfectly), cleaning the grease mess took a while, hunting for ratchet strap to line up bolt holes, had to grind on front lower control arm brace to get arm out, etc. All of that ate up time. I bet I could do it in 10-ish hours.
What's crazy is you had to have a shop doing you are better off just buying new arms. I'm a biker and same problem. If you need replace a worn (funny first time I spelled it Warn) hub, easier to just buy a prebuilt wheel by the time you get new hub, install, respoke it and true it up.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What's crazy is you had to have a shop doing you are better off just buying new arms. I'm a biker and same problem. If you need replace a worn (funny first time I spelled it Warn) hub, easier to just buy a prebuilt wheel by the time you get new hub, install, respoke it and true it up.
It cost about 20.00 for new bushings for both ends of the arm, and takes me about 30 minutes, that’s a lot cheaper than 350.00 for a pair of mid arms, I’m guessing considerably more for long arms......and the best part, you don’t have to mess with that stupid 250 ft lb jam nut!.......🤣

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
It cost about 20.00 for new bushings for both ends of the arm, and takes me about 30 minutes, that’s a lot cheaper than 350.00 for a pair of mid arms, I’m guessing considerably more for long arms......
Gorilla57 I feel like Roky just gave you an unintentional slam down on the time you took ;)

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Gorilla57 I feel like Roky just gave you an unintentional slam down on the time you took ;)
Hahaha.....,to be fair @Gorilla57 is dealing with long arms, which are a lot heavier, and awkward to handle. My first couple I did took a while because I didn’t have the spanner tool for the threaded retainers, I had to use a hammer and a chisel to turn them off.
Sponsored