Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Went to lunch today and didn’t go back…:bandit:
Up at the shop getting a head start on tomorrow….. dry fitting and marking where the welds are going so I can get to grinding…..:whew: …. My buddy is gonna stop by and burn them on while I’m doing the front gears…..

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 87EEA8BB-3CDD-4489-B2BC-4A16E7E9B80C
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Got front back in and trusses done, I’m beat, gonna put axles in and finish up tomorrow. I’m no longer worried about the FAD…….

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation F0EB4DE1-3075-4B92-9E73-1331C37ECE47
Looks good brother 👍🏻

FX44AU

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR (on order)
@Roky everything still good with your stabilizer mount? Trying to decide between the RK and RPM tie rod and drag link. I think RPM has a better stabilizer mount with the Apex ends if sticking with the factory stabilizer location but kind of want to keep all the suspension/steering RK (not that it really matters).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky everything still good with your stabilizer mount? Trying to decide between the RK and RPM tie rod and drag link. I think RPM has a better stabilizer mount with the Apex ends if sticking with the factory stabilizer location but kind of want to keep all the suspension/steering RK (not that it really matters).
Yeah man, no issues, working great….

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Done!!……:whew:

Gears in and working great, no new noises, clanking, growling etc… I didn’t pot the sensors, I’ve already got the ZLocker harnesses so I’m good there…got the axle truss on, so not worrying about the fad anymore…… coolest thing, seeing 8th gear on the regular….

All in all it wasn’t that bad, Shawn’s videos helped a ton, and being Dana gears also made a huge difference in the shimming. I had to use Yukon master kit on the front because when I bought my gears, the Dana master kit was on back order. Absolutely no issues with the Yukon master kit….

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m about 300 miles in on the break in period……. I picked up 2 mpg…. Probably some to do with driving like “driving miss daisy” 🤣 … Now, you guys that know me, know I don’t give two squirts of bull piss about fuel mileage, but it’s really cool seeing another benefit of re-gearing.

I know it wasn’t hurting anything running in 6th and 7th gear, but the transmission feels like it’s working like it did when it was stock (the 3 or 4 days it was stock…..🤣) . Not only getting into 8th gear, but it also stays in 8th when I lightly accelerate. Before, if I made it into 8th, as soon as I even thought about accelerating or sneezed it would drop to 6th/7th gear……:facepalm: ……

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m about 300 miles in on the break in period……. I picked up 2 mpg…. Probably some to do with driving like “driving miss daisy” 🤣 … Now, you guys that know me, know I don’t give two squirts of bull piss about fuel mileage, but it’s really cool seeing another benefit of re-gearing.

I know it wasn’t hurting anything running in 6th and 7th gear, but the transmission feels like it’s working like it did when it was stock (the 3 or 4 days it was stock…..🤣) . Not only getting into 8th gear, but it also stays in 8th when I lightly accelerate. Before, if I made it into 8th, as soon as I even thought about accelerating or sneezed it would drop to 6th/7th gear……:facepalm: ……
I know I’m enjoying the 4:56s on 37s, bet the 4:88s would even be nicer 👍🏻

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I know I’m enjoying the 4:56s on 37s, bet the 4:88s would even be nicer 👍🏻
It’s pretty sweet, I haven’t got on it yet, I wanna put some more miles on it, but patience isn’t one of my best qualities……

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation BC38C6BF-35FA-4A09-ADA5-B54FA3DE5E57

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Finally got the bushings I needed to repair my arms.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 20230308_133031

It was so bad that I was veering towards the left on even light braking. All fixed up now with the newer stiffer red bushings and one piece bushings in the krawler joints.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the bushings I needed to repair my arms.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 20230308_133031

It was so bad that I was veering towards the left on even light braking. All fixed up now with the newer stiffer red bushings and one piece bushings in the krawler joints.
Nice work brother……,those are the very definition of “toast” …….🤣

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@FX44AU , hey Bradley, how’s the 4.88s pushing those 39s, still plenty of pep? Trying to decide what tire I’m gonna run if these ever wear out, lol….
Sponsored