Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Dang. Thought you had it covered :facepalm:
I have now clue on angle but wonder if you could lay straight line across bottom of arms and measure from straight edge to center of bend and compare fronts to rears šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Did that with a string , only 1/16 th difference, so Iā€™m calling it no difference, lol. No doubt all 4 arms are the same, but if I have less of bend then they say it should be, thatā€™s not gonna help, and thatā€™s where my confusion liesā€¦. šŸ¤£
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Did that with a string , only 1/16 th difference, so Iā€™m calling it no difference, lol. No doubt all 4 arms are the same, but if I have less of bend then they say it should be, thatā€™s not gonna help, and thatā€™s where my confusion liesā€¦. šŸ¤£
Well shit šŸ˜‚. I was thinking the opposite, you have more bend in rear which would make them hit if Iā€™m thinking correctly. Only long arm setup Iā€™ve seen is yours in pictures šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My Rock Jock uca axle bushing is toast. Calling on the brotherhood, does anyone know if thereā€™s a rebuild kit, I went on RJ site, and only found the whole bushing. Iā€™ve sent an email to them, but wonā€™t hear anything until Monday.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 13B9860A-523B-4163-B7A4-885740377BCB

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
My Rock Jock uca axle bushing is toast. Calling on the brotherhood, does anyone know if thereā€™s a rebuild kit, I went on RJ site, and only found the whole bushing. Iā€™ve sent an email to them, but wonā€™t hear anything until Monday.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 13B9860A-523B-4163-B7A4-885740377BCB
Strange. That hasnā€™t been installed very long has it?

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Canā€™t find my paper on it, but I think a little over a year.
Man, the older I get time flys by LOL. I feel like you just added like 6 months ago :)

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito

Damn. Glad I didnā€™t waste my time and money on those. My stock ones look great still, guess the flex allowed by the RK long arm UCAs have saved them.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Damn. Glad I didnā€™t waste my time and money on those. My stock ones look great still, guess the flex allowed by the RK long arm UCAs have saved them.
Yeah, these would work better if the arm didnā€™t have the krawler joint I think, but Iā€™m not gonna give up on them. They worked really good up till now. And Iā€™m not just driving to the mall every weekend .

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ok , this is what Iā€™m guessingā€¦.for whatever reason the outside of the rubber bushing got tore up, to much wheeling, or whateverā€¦ā€¦.Well a piece of it made itā€™s way inside where the ball rides and found itā€™s way into the grease hole and plugged it up.
If you zoom in on the ball you can see it, thatā€™s not grease, lol.

I couldnā€™t make this shit up even if I wanted toā€¦ā€¦ā€¦šŸ¤£ ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..:facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 6FE3E39C-9BFC-41F8-BB53-C346095078A5

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation C0BEB34B-1CD5-46F9-9C0D-44EC15B9E902

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Been emailing back and forth with Rock Jock today. Apparently this bushing isnā€™t supposed to be in there. According to Max (RJ dude) they didnā€™t make any bushings with a single poly bushing. I ordered the two piece and it will be here tomorrow so weā€™ll see.

The only thing I can think of is, I was one of a half dozen guys that bought these bushings as soon as they were released. Maybe I ended up with a beta version or prototype.

My passenger side is rock solid, so Iā€™m not gonna dig into it till need be. But if any of the guys that bought when I did, keep an eye out for wear and tear.

Anyway, this is just a heads up, and updateā€¦ā€¦..āœŒ

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The front arms are a 20 degree bend , and the rears are 16 degree bend. I might have two sets of fronts.

When I put my angle finder on it, it says 12 degrees on the bent part and Iā€™m dead level on the straight part on all four arms so I donā€™t know.

Iā€™m not very good at math, I donā€™t know if thereā€™s some kind of formula that makes this reading into 20 or 16 degrees, thatā€™s above my pay grade. I get that if the flat part of the arm was angled or if Jeep wasnā€™t level it would factor in, but my garage floor is dead level and the arm says 0ā€¦ā€¦šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøā€¦. They need one of those little emoji dudes scratching his headā€¦ā€¦..
Late to the party on this one. Iā€™m assuming the angle is not just vertical, itā€™s set off axis and moving the opposite end of the CA horizontally as well.

Going back to trig, you can figure out the angle with three measurements, the length of each section of the arm, and the straight line measurement from end to end.

Thanks to google, you can plug those in a calculator and not have to deal with the inverse cosine calc.
https://www.triangle-calculator.com/?what=sss

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Freakin game changerā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦the freedom of articulation is impressive, I could flex like this before, but I heard about it, lol, clank, clunk, etcā€¦ Now, not even a peepā€¦ā€¦ you can actually feel the ease of articulation, kinda hard to explain in my cave man limited vocabularyā€¦ā€¦..šŸ˜‚

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation C0BEB34B-1CD5-46F9-9C0D-44EC15B9E902
Looking good, I hadn't been on the site for a bit so had to play catch up on your long arm install.
How are the on road manners. Any significant change?

I don't love my RK setup and I can't tell how much is because I don't have it dialed in vs. comparing it to a long arm, coil over setup on the other Jeep.

I am putting together the Black Friday shopping list. I was thinking of getting the Hellwig rear sway bar to help with highway manners.
The long arm upgrade you just did I was deferring it until this Jeep went from an aggressive overlander to a crawler with an axle swap, but given I sold the crawler this past spring and just came back from a Moab trip...well you know...

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good, I hadn't been on the site for a bit so had to play catch up on your long arm install.
How are the on road manners. Any significant change?

I don't love my RK setup and I can't tell how much is because I don't have it dialed in vs. comparing it to a long arm, coil over setup on the other Jeep.

I am putting together the Black Friday shopping list. I was thinking of getting the Hellwig rear sway bar to help with highway manners.
The long arm upgrade you just did I was deferring it until this Jeep went from an aggressive overlander to a crawler with an axle swap, but given I sold the crawler this past spring and just came back from a Moab trip...well you know...
Hi Joe, thanks manā€¦ā€¦ this long arm setup is awesome! I was pretty flexy on my short arms so thereā€™s no real difference in the front. But in the rear, because of the 3 link set up it freed it up a bit more as you can see in pics above. Iā€™m not sure how youā€™re set up on your current rig, but if you need any measurements or have any questions shoot me a pm.

Itā€™s likely the long arms making the difference though. For me Iā€™m equally impressed with the on road performance as off road. Effortless is the best way I can describe it. When flexing before there was some binding and clanking on the extreme articulation, now it doesnā€™t even break a sweat, quiet as a church mouse.

Iā€™ll likely never run short arms again, Iā€™m that impressed by this kit. Thereā€™s a few little things Iā€™m working out, but nothing major. This is definitely my favorite upgrade so far.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well after all that drama with the bushings, Iā€™ve decided to go back to oem. Lol.

The Rock Jocks are awesome, they really are but through trial and error Iā€™ve decided that theyā€™re not really a good fit with a control arm that already has a krawler joint, Johnny joint, or Heim joint on the frame side. This allows the arm to articulate but doesnā€™t re-orient the arm back to the original position the arm should be. I think these bushings would work a lot better with control arms with a regular joint on the frame side.

Iā€™ve had a conversation with RK about it, and theyā€™re in agreement with me that the arm needs to re-center when coming off an obstacle.

In other words, the arm stays where you put it, and with it laid over it bangs against the axle housing. You see in pic with oem bushing, the fork and the axle housing stay parallel with each otherā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation f51cd086-7695-4a8e-9166-859b9f593455-jpe

And with RJ bushing you see how the arm lays over, now this is ok when on the obstacle, but when I come down the arm stays like thatā€¦ā€¦

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 268f3291-1fe9-4271-874e-113ed68bdd7b-jpe

When I was on short arms it wasnā€™t as big a deal, but these long bastards are a lot more involved in the overall articulation and when they stay laid over and bang on the axle housing you hear about itā€¦ā€¦.ā€¦šŸ˜ā€¦ā€¦

Other than a pain in the ass, getting bushings out, the oems are only 10.00 ea, so, Iā€™ll just replace as neededā€¦ā€¦.āœŒ

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Well after all that drama with the bushings, Iā€™ve decided to go back to oem. Lol.

The Rock Jocks are awesome, they really are but through trial and error Iā€™ve decided that theyā€™re not really a good fit with a control arm that already has a krawler joint, Johnny joint, or Heim joint on the frame side. This allows the arm to articulate but doesnā€™t re-orient the arm back to the original position the arm should be. I think these bushings would work a lot better with control arms with a regular joint on the frame side.

Iā€™ve had a conversation with RK about it, and theyā€™re in agreement with me that the arm needs to re-center when coming off an obstacle.

In other words, the arm stays where you put it, and with it laid over it bangs against the axle housing. You see in pic with oem bushing, the fork and the axle housing stay parallel with each otherā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

f51cd086-7695-4a8e-9166-859b9f593455-jpeg.jpg

And with RJ bushing you see how the arm lays over, now this is ok when on the obstacle, but when I come down the arm stays like thatā€¦ā€¦

268f3291-1fe9-4271-874e-113ed68bdd7b-jpeg.jpg

When I was on short arms it wasnā€™t as big a deal, but these long bastards are a lot more involved in the overall articulation and when they stay laid over and bang on the axle housing you hear about itā€¦ā€¦.ā€¦šŸ˜ā€¦ā€¦

Other than a pain in the ass, getting bushings out, the oems are only 10.00 ea, so, Iā€™ll just replace as neededā€¦ā€¦.āœŒ
Damn it, theyā€™re already in the mail. I really wish youā€™d do a better job of fully testing things before I order themšŸ¤£
Sponsored