Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
This pains me, I've got to cut the shock and sway bar mounts off my new rear axle to put on the coilover mounts for the Rebel recon kit. Oh well, in the garage now is better than doing it rolling around on the concrete under the Jeep. At least the recon mounts have built in skid plates for the lower control arms and shock mounts. Yes my garage is a mess, I'm out of room to pile Jeep shit up, lol.

20210808_103530.jpg
I prefer hot summer asphalt 😂
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
It's also got built in coil spring retainers, now that I won't need coil springs anymore, lol.
Wondered what that was lol. You could put a really short spring on it for shits and giggles so everyone thinks its gonna fall out 😂

Sponsored

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Holy shit.....😲 the new definition of bomb proof...🤣.....these things are massive. 2” diameter with 7/16” thick wall tubing.......

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 10773249
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 10773249

At least I don’t have to get another crow foot, the jam nut is same as I’ve got now, 1-7/8”.......

Nice finally in.

When a jam nut gets loose post install what do you guys use to tighten it given the space issues on the JL?

Remove the arm and use crescent wrench?
Squeeze the crows foot in where it does fit?
Air hammer on the nut?

I wonder if your long arm will make it easier to access. On my TJ long arm, the jam nuts were super easy to adjust with just the wrench, but on the JL short/mid arm RK kit I can't fit the tools in and have taken them off to use a wrench. Thinking an air hammer for convenience

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice finally in.

When a jam nut gets loose post install what do you guys use to tighten it given the space issues on the JL?

Remove the arm and use crescent wrench?
Squeeze the crows foot in where it does fit?
Air hammer on the nut?

I wonder if your long arm will make it easier to access. On my TJ long arm, the jam nuts were super easy to adjust with just the wrench, but on the JL short/mid arm RK kit I can't fit the tools in and have taken them off to use a wrench. Thinking an air hammer for convenience
At 250 ft lbs , I have never had one come loose, so can’t help you there. Although if for some reason it does loosen on the trail I’ll likely just snug it up until I can get it on some stands or lift and torque the ever living shit out of it again........💪..... I also use Goop on my jam nuts, I like to think that’s why I’ve never had one come loose ever.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
At 250 ft lbs , I have never had one come loose, so can’t help you there. Although if for some reason it does loosen on the trail I’ll likely just snug it up until I can get it on some stands or lift and torque the ever living shit out of it again........💪..... I also use Goop on my jam nuts, I like to think that’s why I’ve never had one come loose ever.
Is that the goop that Gwyneth Paltrow sells - Haha

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
So question... I just found out I am going to be getting my axles soon. I am going to need wheels. RK says 4.0"-3.5" back space for the Rubicon with their 4.5" lift. has anyone had any issues with the 4.5" back space? I was thinking about going with the Rock Monsters at 4.5" backspace instead of the Method or Slab with the 3.0" Back space. Just curious if anyone has tried them or is running them.....

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So question... I just found out I am going to be getting my axles soon. I am going to need wheels. RK says 4.0"-3.5" back space for the Rubicon with their 4.5" lift. has anyone had any issues with the 4.5" back space? I was thinking about going with the Rock Monsters at 4.5" backspace instead of the Method or Slab with the 3.0" Back space. Just curious if anyone has tried them or is running them.....
I think their recommendations are for D44 axles, if your axles are gonna be wider than the 44s then you should be good. I’m running 4.53 bs on 3.5 springs with 1/2” spacer no issues.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
What size tires are you going to run? I’m on stock D44’s with 4.5” RK long arms and running 37’s on a 4”BS wheel. My front tires will rub the LCAs when aired down, turned full lock and obstacles pushing against the outer sidewall. So, pretty rare when it rubs, but it does.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
@Gorilla57 I was going to go with Cooper STT Pro 40" for now just to see how it runs/rides because I am not sure what direction I want to go with this. Also I went with the DStrac axles with their new axle set with 40 spline so I can run whatever size tire I want. However I currently have Method MR106 on now with 3" BS and was sure if I wanted to lose the clearance I have now. My axles are shipping soon and I was gong to just throw those on now while waiting for the lift. Not sure if i could do that or not I will see when they come in. I just didn't want to have any issues with any kind of rubbing at all of anything. I am more or less just a once and done kind of guy.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
@Gorilla57 I was going to go with Cooper STT Pro 40" for now just to see how it runs/rides because I am not sure what direction I want to go with this. Also I went with the DStrac axles with their new axle set with 40 spline so I can run whatever size tire I want. However I currently have Method MR106 on now with 3" BS and was sure if I wanted to lose the clearance I have now. My axles are shipping soon and I was gong to just throw those on now while waiting for the lift. Not sure if i could do that or not I will see when they come in. I just didn't want to have any issues with any kind of rubbing at all of anything. I am more or less just a once and done kind of guy.
Well, my setup should give you an idea what’s gonna fit. I feel like mine is perfectly setup for the very minimal amount of rubbing of the LCAs. I wouldn’t change a thing since it’s EXTREMELY rare that the tires hit. 40’s on my wheels would be 1.5” closer to the arms at full lock and would rub for sure. But, you’ve got 3” BS wheels, so it would be close..... Adjust your steering stops out a little and run it.
Sponsored