Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Well I’m in week 6 of a 12 week stretch. This is what I got so far.....😔

41896F2A-284C-4668-AF8D-509ACBCA8A7E.jpeg

I got these the first week...🤣. I think they do that on purpose so you don’t get cold feet and bail because you have so much time to reflect on your decision. They know you won’t cancel because it would cost a weeks wage to send these things back as heavy as they are. .....😂...... at least I got you guys to talk me off the ledge if I start second guessing my decision........😁.
Tried to give them a little nudge on the other thread. hahaha
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this pic in another thread, but I said screw it, gave the Motobilt long arm a try...:devil:

Please forgive the Gilligan look. My bald head burns fast and can't stand the hat brim obstructing my view.....

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation YJ Sandy Wash.JPG
Stylin

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
It is a fun "buggy" as it really only has 1/2 a YJ frame. The front and back sections are "new" as the rear is a Motobilt back half kit and the front 2-ish feet are custom. Dana 60 front and Corp 14 bolt rear, both with Detroit lockers, 42" IROKs, 5.3L Chevy with 4L60E trans mated to a 3.8 Atlas, and tons of Motobilt parts. The guy I bought it from was OCD and designed this REALLY well. My wife and I sat down and were thinking of building our own when this came up for sale. I couldn't design/build it for his asking price. I am changing/adding a few things, but those are personal preferences (RCV's, rear swaybar, etc). The wife loves driving it as she really can't hurt it. I had to jog down the trail to catch up to her as she just kept going. The JL has now become the recovery vehicle if something goes with the buggy.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
On the RK rear trackbar (I bought it used) the frame side joint has an O-ring on side and there isn't an O-ring on the other side of the joint. Is it supposed to have an O-ring on both sides, one side or no O-rings at all? I was laying out the parts prepping for the Jeep surgery and noticed that.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Roky (or anyone else),
Could you send me a picture of the rear upper coil spring mount assuming your still stock. For that matter can you spend me a pic of the whole spring setup.
As you guys have followed, been having problems with the way the has been installed/setup.
I run a very heavy rear load as its setup for overlanding (fridge/slide/shelving/water jugs/road shower/heavy bumper-tire carrier with 37s)
I got the JKS ACOS to adjust the rake in the rear. Problem is its set near max in the rear to level the Jeep out. I think I got a few things going on. Pinion angle is probably a bit off and therefore axle rotated a bit too far, the triple rate springs are too soft so the heavy load compresses the soft spring portion more than normal and lastly the spacers while solving the level issue is adding to this funny bow that just seems wrong on the JL. I have been on coilovers for a long time on the TJ so I can't even remember springs.
I'm curious to see what anyone else with a 3.5 x-factor looks like in the rear and any thoughts.
Right now I'm considering a 4.5" linear rate Teraflex and an ARB/OME 3.5" heavy load constant or lines spring to replace the rears.

IMG_5223.jpeg

IMG_5216.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Roky (or anyone else),
Could you send me a picture of the rear upper coil spring mount assuming your still stock. For that matter can you spend me a pic of the whole spring setup.
As you guys have followed, been having problems with the way the has been installed/setup.
I run a very heavy rear load as its setup for overlanding (fridge/slide/shelving/water jugs/road shower/heavy bumper-tire carrier with 37s)
I got the JKS ACOS to adjust the rake in the rear. Problem is its set near max in the rear to level the Jeep out. I think I got a few things going on. Pinion angle is probably a bit off and therefore axle rotated a bit too far, the triple rate springs are too soft so the heavy load compresses the soft spring portion more than normal and lastly the spacers while solving the level issue is adding to this funny bow that just seems wrong on the JL. I have been on coilovers for a long time on the TJ so I can't even remember springs.
I'm curious to see what anyone else with a 3.5 x-factor looks like in the rear and any thoughts.
Right now I'm considering a 4.5" linear rate Teraflex and an ARB/OME 3.5" heavy load constant or lines spring to replace the rears.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation IMG_5216

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation IMG_5216
I’d like to see your pinion angle and driveshaft to be sure but it looks like that’s your problem. I’d set your pinion angle 1-2 degrees down before you buy anything else. I think once you’re straightened up you’ll be good. I don’t have pic of isolators but the top on the rear indexes the spring, and the bottom isolators index the spring on front. So make sure they are rotated into the right spot. Here’s pinion and pic of spring, one pic is looking straight up.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 79DCA938-8BE8-45CA-84D2-95C7BE993E43
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation ECD99F51-F41B-4548-A6C9-9CA046F87533

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
On the RK rear trackbar (I bought it used) the frame side joint has an O-ring on side and there isn't an O-ring on the other side of the joint. Is it supposed to have an O-ring on both sides, one side or no O-rings at all? I was laying out the parts prepping for the Jeep surgery and noticed that.
I would run them, they’re just to keep from over rotation when flexing . You can pick one up at the parts house , it’s a 318 O-ring.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Roky! You’re a champ! Just the info I needed.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
What tools are you guys using for the jam nuts?
I got some jumbo crow feet, but they seem to be loose. Could be the Amazon specia!
For the front tracker bar and LCA 1 7/16” doesn’t fit, but the 1 1/2” is bit loose.
1 5/16” seems to be the size for the other ones, but also bit loose.
On this setup seems to be hard to tighten them with the arms on.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
Roky (or anyone else),

IMG_5223.jpeg

IMG_5216.jpeg
rotating the pinion angle down will help with the bowing but the pinion angle of the drive shaft is very important

looking at that spring it already looks halfway compressed in the bottom half due to all the extra weight you are carrying, you need to find a spring with a high rate or a taller single rate spring

in addition to that the way the ACOS installation looks weak, per the instructions it should be drilled and bolted in place, welding is probably fine but those small welds and thin metal to thin metal are not going to hold long with the adjuster maxed out adding more leverage to the those welds and coil bucket
Sponsored