Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m rebuilding all eight control arms and front and rear track bars. There’s a few videos out there that shows you how to do it, but I wanted to show what wheeling in Florida sand looks like a year and a half and 13K miles later.......

Also…. I wanted to start a thread where you can talk about any suspension shit, from any manufacturer, that you want to, and not worry about derailing the thread…….:jk:

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 5C8F793C-B647-4F33-8978-F7334BB0BBA3
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation AD7E5139-2589-4FB1-BA74-B484597FCAD5

Now to be fair, I’m not easy on my rig when wheeling, and we get twisted up about every weekend, that’s a lot more flex and stress on these arms then the average jeeper.

These newest bushings seem to be night and day better. The way they except the grease it looks like there’s better coverage and they’re super tight around the ball, so less penetration of water and sand, also looks like they’ll keep the grease in better. Besides that, they’re RED, that automatically gives them badass status, lol.
I’m sure there’s some technical way to explain it, that’s the best this uneducated cave man can do....😆

If you don’t have a fancy press like me, this is how I got the bushings on the ball. That’s a 32mm socket and I used a 32mm deep well socket and a hammer to install assembly back in the arm......

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation E9663FDE-AEBE-437C-918D-EC386B8577BA
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation F1E9C0E2-E60C-4F37-94FD-612F815E6FA3
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 596B431D-0C9B-4506-B013-D58264DC0AE1
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation F7616E61-A37E-4EA7-A799-EB42E800FD01
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation DB0A06B6-142B-4398-9470-7C39AD070D4D

In the end, these bushings are like $12.00 per arm, for the amount of flexibility and awesome road manners these arms give you, to me it’s well worth it...........✌
Sponsored

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
There’s a few videos out there that shows you how to do it, but I wanted to show what wheeling in Florida sand looks like a year and a half and 13K miles later.......Also to start a thread where you can talk about whatever suspension shit you want to, and not worry about derailing the thread.....🤣

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation DB0A06B6-142B-4398-9470-7C39AD070D4D

Now to be fair, I’m not easy on my rig when wheeling, and we get twisted up about every weekend, that’s a lot more flex and stress on these arms then the average jeeper.

These newest bushings seem to be night and day better. The way they except the grease it looks like there’s better coverage and they’re super tight around the ball, so less penetration of water and sand, also looks like they’ll keep the grease in better. Besides that, they’re RED, that automatically gives them badass status, lol.
I’m sure there’s some technical way to explain it, that’s the best this uneducated cave man can do....😆

If you don’t have a fancy press like me, this is how I got the bushings on the ball. That’s a 32mm socket and I used a 32mm deep well socket and a hammer to install assembly back in the arm......

In the end, these bushings are like $12.00 per arm, for the amount of flexibility and awesome road manners these arms give you, to me it’s well worth it...........✌
Nice. Did you rebuild all your arms/trackbars? I've been thinking about doing this just to get the new bushings everywhere? I'm coming up on 3 years on mine but I only get to wheel about 15-20 days a year.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Did you rebuild all your arms/trackbars? I've been thinking about doing this just to get the new bushings everywhere? I'm coming up on 3 years on mine but I only get to wheel about 15-20 days a year.
I’ve got a set ordered for front lowers. I went through the upper arms and track bars, they all seem to be holding up ok. The Krawler joints aren’t to bad, but I’m gonna rebuild all arms eventually. When track bar needs attention, I might get the new one instead of rebuilding, not sure yet. When you do yours, you probably never have to do it again, these bushings look like they’d last quite a while. lol. Especially since word on the street is your getting long arms.......🤣

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Also a heads up for anyone that’s going to do this......if you go to order these bushings the website might say the red is for long arms and the black is for short arms, but RK went to just reds, so one size and color fits both now. Not sure when vendors will fix the websites........🙂

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’ve got a set ordered for front lowers. I went through the upper arms and track bars, they all seem to be holding up ok. The Krawler joints aren’t to bad, but I’m gonna rebuild all arms eventually. When track bar needs attention, I might get the new one instead of rebuilding, not sure yet. When you do yours, you probably never have to do it again, these bushings look like they’d last quite a while. lol. Especially since word on the street is your getting long arms.......🤣
Shhhh, the wife doesn’t know yet. I’m also gonna do axles at the same time so it might be awhile.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Took it on a long test drive this morning, no more axle movement, no more feeling like someone is kicking the back of your seat when stopping/accelerating.....😁. I didn’t really “need” a long test drive, but you guys know how it is........✌

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Shhhh, the wife doesn’t know yet. I’m also gonna do axles at the same time so it might be awhile.
Hey man, don’t you have the artec skids, how they working , they’re on my radar.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey man, don’t you have the artec skids, how they working , they’re on my radar.
They are amazing. Only thing I have to do after they take a beating is pry down the area where the exhaust crossover is on the oil pan skid. Doesn’t hurt anything but the exhaust will rattle otherwise.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They are amazing. Only thing I have to do after they take a beating is pry down the area where the exhaust crossover is on the oil pan skid. Doesn’t hurt anything but the exhaust will rattle otherwise.
Sweet !! I haven’t had any problems with their inner fenders, they’ve held up great. I’ll probably go with them for skids.

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
You know about the TSB right? Mine are falling apart with 8k on the arms and turns out there's a TSB where their bushing supplier substituted an unapproved material that failed much earlier than typical. They're sending free replacements to anyone who bought their arms from aug 2019 to dec 2020.

I'm waiting patiently for mine but my LCAs are super, super loose at the moment and I'm dying to get them in.

Attachments

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You know about the TSB right? Mine are falling apart with 8k on the arms and turns out there's a TSB where their bushing supplier substituted an unapproved material that failed much earlier than typical. They're sending free replacements to anyone who bought their arms from aug 2019 to dec 2020.

I'm waiting patiently for mine but my LCAs are super, super loose at the moment and I'm dying to get them in.
Yeah, I was just reading about that, but mine was purchased before the time frame. I appreciate the heads up though, and thanks for posting the tsb, I’m sure it will help some guys out........✌

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Yeah, I was just reading about that, but mine was purchased before the time frame. I appreciate the heads up though, and thanks for posting the tsb, I’m sure it will help some guys out........✌
Well, impressive at least that your bushings are the result of pure wheeling carnage lol. Def going to refer back to this when I'm trying to press my new ones in.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Well fu<k me gently. I've been chasing bushing problems and my lift kit was bought right in that period. What pisses me off is I've spoken to RK a couple times about this and they've never mentioned recall or problem materials.

Thanks for this greatly!
Sponsored

Last edited: