Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
In a few hours, the mods begin!
A glacially slow build log will ensue...
I went out to get a few last minute items yesterday and when it came to grease, I discovered that Mobil only makes a single synthetic grease now - that I could find on Mobil's web site. It is NLGI grade 2. After going to three parts stores, grade 2 was all I could find in every brand available.
On my JKS disconnects, I used a synthetic grease that I have had for twenty years to get the job done. It is definitely not the red and tacky variety. JKS' instructions only called for "common wheel bearing grease or equivalent". I will be removing the disconnects and cleaning out or purging the unknown grease in favor of the Mobil 1 I grabbed yesterday.
For these disconnects, does anyone see an issue with using the grade 2 Mobil 1 grease? I did order the grease recommended by @Roky in preparation for the forthcoming Rock Krawler joints. The jungle has it a few days out. I can leave the disconnects alone until next weekend if need be, unless there is an unknown (to me) issue with the synthetic greases I currently have.

Thanks for the input!

Omen
No issues with that grease in your sway links……
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Creeker , hey Jim , how are the Locked Offroad hydro bump stumps holding up ? Any issues ? Thanks

Tyler225

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Can anyone give me their feedback on the Adventure Series 1 lift? (Currently searching every post in the forum but figured this might be a bit faster. How are the cheap RK twin tube shocks? Worth upgrading to Fox shocks instead? I was looking at the Mopar lift but this RK one is on sale for cheaper and includes a front track bar.

Goals with a lift: Keep the stock like drive, (I really like how my XR drives compared to my old Jk that had a 2.5 inch teraflex lift and Falcon shocks.) but also want to gain some additional clearance for 37"s in the future and gain some additional flex.

Link to parts

https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/Rock-Krawler-25in-Adventure-Series-1-Lift-Kit-JL-4dr_p_713.html

https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/Rock-Krawler-Twin-Tube-Front-and-Rear-Shock-Package-JL_p_1019.html

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone give me their feedback on the Adventure Series 1 lift? (Currently searching every post in the forum but figured this might be a bit faster. How are the cheap RK twin tube shocks? Worth upgrading to Fox shocks instead? I was looking at the Mopar lift but this RK one is on sale for cheaper and includes a front track bar.

Goals with a lift: Keep the stock like drive, (I really like how my XR drives compared to my old Jk that had a 2.5 inch teraflex lift and Falcon shocks.) but also want to gain some additional clearance for 37"s in the future and gain some additional flex.

Link to parts

https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/Rock-Krawler-25in-Adventure-Series-1-Lift-Kit-JL-4dr_p_713.html

https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/Rock-Krawler-Twin-Tube-Front-and-Rear-Shock-Package-JL_p_1019.html
One of the benefits this kit has over the Mopar, is you can upgrade it to a full lift or as far as you want to go. To do this with the Mopar you’d have to source another manufacturers parts….. I think you should pair the TT shocks with this kit…. Then as you upgrade your lift you can upgrade the shocks accordingly……. Also with the XR you won’t need the rear track bar bracket, so you can sell to buy more parts…..:)

Sponsored

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.

Link to parts

I've had the Adventure series ll with the TT shocks for 2 years now.
For ride comfort they are great shocks, I would also add they are a slight improvement over the stock Rubicon shocks.

Tyler225

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
One of the benefits this kit has over the Mopar, is you can upgrade it to a full lift or as far as you want to go. To do this with the Mopar you’d have to source another manufacturers parts….. I think you should pair the TT shocks with this kit…. Then as you upgrade your lift you can upgrade the shocks accordingly……. Also with the XR you won’t need the rear track bar bracket, so you can sell to buy more parts…..:)
I've had the Adventure series ll with the TT shocks for 2 years now.
For ride comfort they are great shocks, I would also add they are a slight improvement over the stock Rubicon shocks.
Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback/advice. Seems like this kit with the TT shocks will be a good start without sacrificing on road comfort.

jmichael

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2007 JKU, 2023 JLURD (Ordered)
Anyone running a Rock Krawler coilover setup? I’m looking to go a “hardcore wheeler” route on my 23’ JLURD and kings are 10-12 months out.

Tyler225

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s another question.

Can someone explain the difference in these kits? I see the parts list is slightly different but don’t understand the difference

https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/Rock-Krawler-25in-Adventure-Lift-Kit--JL-4dr_p_12554.html

Thanks for bearing with me on these questions
The difference is the control arm joints….. the first kit has the old style joints that you grease, the other kit has maintenance free joints…… both are ok, and rebuildable, you just have to grease the old style a couple times a year, more if you wheel it often…

Sponsored

Tyler225

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
The difference is the control arm joints….. the first kit has the old style joints that you grease, the other kit has maintenance free joints…… both are ok, and rebuildable, you just have to grease the old style a couple times a year, more if you wheel it often…
Awesome thanks for the explanation!

Tyler225

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Ordered my RK adventure series w/ fox shocks yesterday. Shout out to Marcus @River City Offroad. He patiently answered all of my questions and gave me such a good deal I was able to upgrade from the RK TT shocks to Fox shocks. I will definitely be going to him when it comes time for the remaining 6 Control arms, tie rod and drag link upgrades.

Also as a side note I paid my invoice yesterday morning and everything arrived today. No idea how it came that fast. I didn't even have time to prep the wife lol. She texted me a picture of everything that she just carried inside. Whoops

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
How do you all feel about adding a 3/4 spacer on with a no limits kit? I bought a set of spacers for my JT which I'm not going to put on it since I'm trading it in. Pretty sure if I was going to do the rear as well I'd have to get another set since it appears the JT ones won't be compatible.

Just figure I have them, everything is torn apart, top easy to slap them on.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How do you all feel about adding a 3/4 spacer on with a no limits kit? I bought a set of spacers for my JT which I'm not going to put on it since I'm trading it in. Pretty sure if I was going to do the rear as well I'd have to get another set since it appears the JT ones won't be compatible.

Just figure I have them, everything is torn apart, top easy to slap them on.
Won’t hurt anything, I’m running 1/2” in front on my 3.5” coils to get back what the bumper/winch took away……but the RK kits set the jeep dead level front to back so if you do it , I wouldn’t just do front unless you’re trying level it due to added weight……don’t look at the fenders, look at the rock rails…..level….

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 7CDC0330-936E-48FE-9464-B72B99590A62