Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
you like where that brake line relocation is? I was gonna put it on the outside closest to the wheel, right now they’re just floppy lol.
Yeah, that’s actually the outside of factory bracket, then when I did the evo brackets I just left it there…….I believe it’s referred to as laziness……😂 …….. this before evo bracket…..

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation DB4F02F4-3A66-4B58-AA12-45BD8F135A0F
Sponsored

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Anyones RK lift creak like hell? I have adventure front arms, X factor rears and no limit links up front.

Never noticed it before until after vacationing to the beach where I drove about 100 miles or more in 4H. I’ve sprayed the control arm bushings with WD40 as well.

Now it constantly creaks.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyones RK lift creak like hell? I have adventure front arms, X factor rears and no limit links up front.

Never noticed it before until after vacationing to the beach where I drove about 100 miles or more in 4H. I’ve sprayed the control arm bushings with WD40 as well.

Do your Xfactor rear arms have grease fitting on the frame side ?

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Do your Xfactor rear arms have grease fitting on the frame side ?
The rear uppers have a zirc on both sides.

the rear lowers have a zirc frame side and adventure end on the axle side.

would the No limits front links squeak? It sounds like the front squeaks when I get out of the Jeep from underneath.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The rear uppers have a zirc on both sides.

the rear lowers have a zirc frame side and adventure end on the axle side.

would the No limits front links squeak? It sounds like the front squeaks when I get out of the Jeep from underneath.
It’s possible the no limits are squeaking, especially after that many miles in the sea breeze….. I have to spray mine down with wd40 after running through water holes all day.. how old are your control arms ?

Sponsored

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It’s possible the no limits are squeaking, especially after that many miles in the sea breeze….. I have to spray mine down with wd40 after running through water holes all day.. how old are your control arms ?
Pretty new - post recall skus Nov 2021. Maybe 5k miles on them?

I think I’ll have to spray everything down again real good this weekend, then get in there and clean any salt/sand off with a brush and water, then spray WD 40 again. I did get caught in high tide once but tried not to splash that much. I’m sure there’s more salt underneath than I thought.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty new - post recall skus Nov 2021. Maybe 5k miles on them?

I think I’ll have to spray everything down again real good this weekend, then get in there and clean any salt/sand off with a brush and water, then spray WD 40 again. I did get caught in high tide once but tried not to splash that much. I’m sure there’s more salt underneath than I thought.
Yeah, that’s likely the problem…next beach run, hit the joints with fluid film before, it will help……

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We were out minding our own business, getting a little flexy, and BAM! here comes a bucking bronco down the hill, it was hard to watch…. :facepalm: …… someone let it off the street…………..😂 …….and the wife says”is that why we have a wobbly axle” …. God love her……😂

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 56DFD9C9-DC52-4B50-8058-A2CE8BD4B412
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 3F9B56DA-030C-426C-93FF-C125C39E4EF7
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 0E61BB7A-2BFF-4493-875A-FA0CBF98C343
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 026FC7CA-53B4-4469-97B8-61AF2440D9F2
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 04677615-D834-4597-8765-714ED39BBDFE

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
sadly this is how my truck handles terrain now :LOL: no more wobbly axle

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl

Mine creaked until I greased them, even though RK said they were greased from factory, grease them again. I grease mine until grease squirts out from the joint. Makes a heck of a mess, but never heard a creak again and now I don't worry about spraying them with WD40.

Omen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Manager
In a few hours, the mods begin!
A glacially slow build log will ensue...
I went out to get a few last minute items yesterday and when it came to grease, I discovered that Mobil only makes a single synthetic grease now - that I could find on Mobil's web site. It is NLGI grade 2. After going to three parts stores, grade 2 was all I could find in every brand available.
On my JKS disconnects, I used a synthetic grease that I have had for twenty years to get the job done. It is definitely not the red and tacky variety. JKS' instructions only called for "common wheel bearing grease or equivalent". I will be removing the disconnects and cleaning out or purging the unknown grease in favor of the Mobil 1 I grabbed yesterday.
For these disconnects, does anyone see an issue with using the grade 2 Mobil 1 grease? I did order the grease recommended by @Roky in preparation for the forthcoming Rock Krawler joints. The jungle has it a few days out. I can leave the disconnects alone until next weekend if need be, unless there is an unknown (to me) issue with the synthetic greases I currently have.

Thanks for the input!

Omen

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
Does it make sense to anyone that I installed the Steersmarts trackbar & sector shaft brace and now my axle is offset by ~1/2" to driver side? lol I will lengthen the trackbar tomorrow but i just find it odd lol
Sponsored