Rock Krawler maintenance & All brands suspension general conversation

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Some pre assembly today, got out work early. Anti seize on the krawler joint, setting the lengths, and a squirt or two of grease. Only snugging up the giant jam nut for now until I get my caster set. I only want to torque that 250 ft lb sumbitch once.........😓.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation DF7FAE06-EF1C-4599-B8BE-F3602B50B3DC
So how do you torque the jam nuts? I assume you have to do this finally with them installed and after making adjustments. But how do you get 300lbs on a jam nut?

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Well lucky for everyone here getting to wrench..... I am still waiting on my @Rock Krawler Suspension coilover kit, ordered in June..... Hmm @Izzo93 got his and we both ordered same day..... I have my PSC steering sitting and waiting..... As well as my hood (extra 100hp;)) .... So is anyone running 42"s? I was thinking maybe heading in that direction but it is very limited on Tires ......

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well lucky for everyone here getting to wrench..... I am still waiting on my @Rock Krawler Suspension coilover kit, ordered in June..... Hmm @Izzo93 got his and we both ordered same day..... I have my PSC steering sitting and waiting..... As well as my hood (extra 100hp;)) .... So is anyone running 42"s? I was thinking maybe heading in that direction but it is very limited on Tires ......
Nah….. imma run my peasant 37s fir a while. Trying to wear em out so I can take next step…..;)

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Nah….. imma run my peasant 37s fir a while. Trying to wear em out so I can take next step…..;)
Mine are getting worn real quick.... plus I got my new axles and need new wheels.... so its kind of like the planets are aligned and I have an option for 42"s. It just seems as though most come in 20" rims or larger... which adds to my wheel dilemma? :swear:

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are getting worn real quick.... plus I got my new axles and need new wheels.... so its kind of like the planets are aligned and I have an option for 42"s. It just seems as though most come in 20" rims or larger... which adds to my wheel dilemma? :swear:
Lol….. I hear ya, it sucks when the planets align and your freakin hands are tied, lol…

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So how do you torque the jam nuts? I assume you have to do this finally with them installed and after making adjustments. But how do you get 300lbs on a jam nut?
I put it on my buds lift and use a 250 ft lb torque wrench with a crows foot. I get it to 250, then go one more grunt passed. It doesn’t hurt that I’m a Neanderthal, you know, the missing link everyone’s been looking for, been hiding in plain sight here in the woods of central Florida…….😁

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I put it on my buds lift and use a 250 ft lb torque wrench with a crows foot. I get it to 250, then go one more grunt passed. It doesn’t hurt that I’m a Neanderthal, you know, the missing link everyone’s been looking for, been hiding in plain sight here in the woods of central Florida…….😁
I torque them till I shit my pants. Then I torque them some more.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
so how about a set of 365/85r20's to put on my 1 tons with my RK4.5" coilovers? seems like they are selling them cheap anyone ever run those?

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So my track bar was hitting my exhaust at full stuff. If I had it to do over I would’ve rotated my track bar bracket forward from where the instructions had me put it. But that milk is spilled, time to clean it up and move on. My fix for the problem was cut the exhaust where I could weld it easily enough and put in a section to push muffler towards the bumper. Works great now. As I’ve documented on here many times, I’m not a very good welder, so you pros, go easy on me, at least it doesn’t leak..…….🙂

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 8F783CD7-FA2B-4623-8A4C-534BDED72E80

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation FBBF46B1-12F0-4081-9B7C-AFD8E42604C7
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 2477781A-41EB-4A12-AD97-C8D5C53141C0

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 4C4CB201-74FA-4DCB-BB0F-E6FEAC9EAABD
Sponsored