Rock Krawler maintenance & All brands suspension general conversation

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Is that the only reason you dropped the axle? I think I’d like to put those in too but leaning towards spring compressors. Let us know how you like them.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is that the only reason you dropped the axle? I think I’d like to put those in too but leaning towards spring compressors. Let us know how you like them.
Yeah, I hate spring squishers….. all I do is disconnect the sway bar and shock and let her drop… … I’ve done it so many times it takes about 10 minutes….😂

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The MC’s blend in/hide very nicely too. Unlike the nasty stock yellow ones.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation FB2ABD78-8750-4563-9842-C8F7E4967D9F
Glad to hear they work good….. the main reason I’m changing them is my oems are cracking/splitting ……but if they actually work better that’ll be a bonus…….

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I hate spring squishers….. all I do is disconnect the sway bar and shock and let her drop… … I’ve done it so many times it takes about 10 minutes….😂
I bet the worse part is reinstalling those damn heavy 37s 🤣

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

@Roky I was crawling around under mine and noticed the rear springs are completely compressed on the upper part of the coil. Is that normal? I would’ve thought RK had these made with the idea that most guys run a 35”+ spare and steel bumper. I don’t think I have a heavy load out, and I don’t even have my tool boxes in the back right now. TF alpha tire setup, aluminum def skid, 41qt fridge, 35” spare and beadlock wheel. Is that seriously compressing the spring that much? Is that considered heavy? I would’ve figured they meant a full overlanding setup or something.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky I was crawling around under mine and noticed the rear springs are completely compressed on the upper part of the coil. Is that normal? I would’ve thought RK had these made with the idea that most guys run a 35”+ spare and steel bumper. I don’t think I have a heavy load out, and I don’t even have my tool boxes in the back right now. TF alpha tire setup, aluminum def skid, 41qt fridge, 35” spare and beadlock wheel. Is that seriously compressing the spring that much? Is that considered heavy? I would’ve figured they meant a full overlanding setup or something.
Put up a pic and I’ll snap one of mine this afternoon to compare…… They’re a triple rate spring so the first 4-5 coils will be touching at ride height. That part of the spring is to keep the spring seated in the housing at full droop….. here’s a pic of it drooped (not full droop) you can see the top is still compressed…
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation BBEE9EEB-884F-4AFD-B4A7-7AB0A2F84970

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I used the Metalcloak bumpstops to add an inch of bumpstop when I swapped to 392 shocks (@ stock-ish JLR height). I've always wondered if they add exactly an inch or if I am under/over bumpped.

The bumpstops seem to work pretty good considering that it rides better than stock with less bump travel... but I really should lift an inch.

Floriduramax3.0

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrngler Rubicon Unlimited 3.0td
Looks like I get to play in this thread too..lol! I guess I got luck and my Teraflex RT4 LA kit was one of their originals and came with inferior bushings. They popped and creaked. I tried finding the LA bushing kit on their site but they only showed replacements for MA ca’s . I called and they informed me the reason why was the RT4 kit is lifetime warranty! They sent me 16 bushings under warranty! That was very awesome of them as I’m the second owner. Well as you can guess, I had a lot of fun. Thank God I have a Harbor Freight 20 ton press or that would have been a long job!

No pics but it was fun and now it’s all quiet with the exception of a rather loud pop under hard acceleration or a couple other situations which I’m about 90% sure is a worn out rear driveshaft! With 22k miles and 4.5-6.5” of lift since new I’m actually surprised the driveshaft lasted through two trips to Moab after seeing how it’s constructed!

Just got confirmation the new Wood’s shaft is leaving Utah today! It’s got to come from the other side of the world so it won’t make it for Memorial Day! Looks like we are boating instead of wheeling this weekend!

Speaking of bumps, I need to change my rears and probably need at least another inch.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I used the Metalcloak bumpstops to add an inch of bumpstop when I swapped to 392 shocks (@ stock-ish JLR height). I've always wondered if they add exactly an inch or if I am under/over bumpped.

The bumpstops seem to work pretty good considering that it rides better than stock with less bump travel... but I really should lift an inch.
Yeah, best way is pull the coil and cycle it, only way I know how to be sure so I don’t leave anything on the table or bust a shock, lol….

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I get to play in this thread too..lol! I guess I got luck and my Teraflex RT4 LA kit was one of their originals and came with inferior bushings. They popped and creaked. I tried finding the LA bushing kit on their site but they only showed replacements for MA ca’s . I called and they informed me the reason why was the RT4 kit is lifetime warranty! They sent me 16 bushings under warranty! That was very awesome of them as I’m the second owner. Well as you can guess, I had a lot of fun. Thank God I have a Harbor Freight 20 ton press or that would have been a long job!

No pics but it was fun and now it’s all quiet with the exception of a rather loud pop under hard acceleration or a couple other situations which I’m about 90% sure is a worn out rear driveshaft! With 22k miles and 4.5-6.5” of lift since new I’m actually surprised the driveshaft lasted through two trips to Moab after seeing how it’s constructed!

Just got confirmation the new Wood’s shaft is leaving Utah today! It’s got to come from the other side of the world so it won’t make it for Memorial Day! Looks like we are boating instead of wheeling this weekend!

Speaking of bumps, I need to change my rears and probably need at least another inch.
Welcome to the suspension round table, there’s only one rule, only one…….no knotted panties…….😂
Sponsored