• (00) Zero valving or no shims;
  • (30) Light valving;
  • (40) Light-Medium valving;
  • (50) Medium valving;
  • (60) Medium-Firm valving;
  • (70) Firm valving;
  • (80) Extra Firm valving
  • (90) Hard valving
When ordering the first number is always your compression dampening and the second number is your rebound dampening! For example a 40/60 valved shock would be a shock that is Light-Medium in compression dampening and Medium-Firm in rebound dampening.
I wonder what the "off the shelf" valving is set to? I guess I could send them back to get re-valved but the shipping would suck. Lowering the tire pressure to 30 psi helped some but it made it cornering a softer than I prefer. I'd like to try the Fox's but not sure it'll help any.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I wonder what the "off the shelf" valving is set to? I guess I could send them back to get re-valved but the shipping would suck. Lowering the tire pressure to 30 psi helped some but it made it cornering a softer than I prefer. I'd like to try the Fox's but not sure it'll help any.
the fox 2.5’s can be as smooth as butter with RK setup, depending how you set the damping. you can also increase high speed damping for higher speed runs. The only negative is they are expensive.

JRod

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously thinking about scooping this combo up, everything for $1200.98?!? Does it look like everything should work together?

Screenshot_20200330-190859_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200330-190914_Chrome.jpg

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
That's a killer deal...about $300 bucks cheaper than what I paid during black Friday. Is that a covid19 promo or something?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously thinking about scooping this combo up, everything for $1200.98?!? Does it look like everything should work together?

Screenshot_20200330-190859_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200330-190914_Chrome.jpg
I don’t see they offer any bump stops. Depending on what tire size you go with, you might want to add it to your list. For Rubi on 2.5” lift and 37s you’ll need 2” of bump. I think you can get their front and rear bump package for around 160.00 ish.
Also, at 2.5”, if you want to get an adjustable rear track bar, make sure you don’t use the relocation bracket with it, as it will hit the exhaust loop if you have factory exhaust. You’ll be fine with oem track bar paired with relo bracket.
These are my recommendations.....

Now my suggestions....pick up some rk no limit sway bar links. They’re designed specifically for Rubi electro disco. They have 60 degrees of misalignment and will let sway bar work to it’s full potential. Also, I’m not a fan of fixed lcas either, I like having the ability to fine tune caster.
Anyway......... this is an awesome deal, that imho, you shouldn’t pass up..........:rock:.

JRod

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @Roky for the suggestions! It looks like the shocks were either a mistake or a one day deal, they're back up to the regular price. But the stock mod kit is still cheap, I may get it anyway.

I was going with the fixed LCAs because I like the low maintenance aspect of them, and the adjustables were super expensive, but now they're on sale too.

Adding the RK bump stop kit, rear adjustable track bar, Rubicon sway links, switching to the adjustable front LCAs, and ditching the shocks still only comes out to $1228.15, a great deal I would think, just gotta figure out the shocks.

Anyone have much experience with the rock krawler 2.5" lift and shock extensions?

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Thanks @Roky for the suggestions! It looks like the shocks were either a mistake or a one day deal, they're back up to the regular price. But the stock mod kit is still cheap, I may get it anyway.

I was going with the fixed LCAs because I like the low maintenance aspect of them, and the adjustables were super expensive, but now they're on sale too.

Adding the RK bump stop kit, rear adjustable track bar, Rubicon sway links, switching to the adjustable front LCAs, and ditching the shocks still only comes out to $1228.15, a great deal I would think, just gotta figure out the shocks.

Anyone have much experience with the rock krawler 2.5" lift and shock extensions?
I don't have experience with shock extensions but I have ran the RK 2.5" lift with stock shocks for a couple days (no extensions) and it was terrible. I would suggest looking around for a good deal on Fox shocks as they pair well with the RK lift from my research. Poly performance always has a 12% off deal running or there may be someone on here you can pick up some slightly used ones.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

I've ran a 2.5" RK kit for a while...no need to spend $ on a rear adjustable trackbar bc the kit comes with rear raised trackbar bracket meant to be used with the stock rear trackbar. It centers the rear wheels nicely and can help a little with stability.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I have one suggestion...if you want to carry a heavy spare and have a heavy rear bumper....you might want to consider 3.5" coils in the back to combat any squat. Now the kit for me was perfectly level with my heavy rear bumper and no spare...but as soon as I put on the rear spare the rear squatted a little too much for my liking.

Sponsored

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I was looking at the mopar lift originally but the RK looks like a lot more bang for the buck. If I have a rubicon recon with the factory steel bumpers will I still get a full 2.5” of lift?
Also what the difference in the X factor series from the flex system, max travel, and X factor versions?
Lastly I’m a do it all at once kinda guy. What else could be added to this kit? I saw some people on this post recommend steersmart drag link and tie rods. Anything’s else for my do it all at once OCD? Also planning to add 315/70/17’s KO2’s C load to the stock wheels if that mattered. TIA

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at the mopar lift originally but the RK looks like a lot more bang for the buck. If I have a rubicon recon with the factory steel bumpers will I still get a full 2.5” of lift?
Also what the difference in the X factor series from the flex system, max travel, and X factor versions?
Lastly I’m a do it all at once kinda guy. What else could be added to this kit? I saw some people on this post recommend steersmart drag link and tie rods. Anything’s else for my do it all at once OCD? Also planning to add 315/70/17’s KO2’s C load to the stock wheels if that mattered. TIA
RK is a great lift, imo. I’m on the 3.5” XFactor for almost a year now, no complaints. You’ll get the advertised lift height, because they base their lifts on the rubicon. Other trims may experience a little more lift height.

The main differences in the lifts are the amount of control arms included. Other minor differences, but that’s the main difference. The “ no limits “ part of some of the lifts is referring to the no limits front sway bar links, which I highly recommend. They’re designed specifically for the rubis electronic disconnect.

I personally would recommend the XFactor, it’s their top of the line kit, and most complete kit. Especially if you plan to wheel it.

As far as your , do it all at once ocd, I wouldn’t change any steering components unless you’re having some issues with it. If your steering is tight and you aren’t having any DW or BS, I would run factory tie rod and drag link until they fail. You can get quite a few miles out of them.

The only thing I would recommend to get with the xfactor kit is the “no limits” sway bar links.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. You can check out my Garage page , Crystal Rubi , for pics. Good luck with your build........:).

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Has anyone paired the RK springs with the Mopar 2” Fox shocks? Curious if there’s any height or ride quality difference.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone paired the RK springs with the Mopar 2” Fox shocks? Curious if there’s any height or ride quality difference.
I had my Mopar lift shocks on for a while waiting on my RRDs. The ride was great, they pair well with rk. The problem is your giving up about 3” of shock travel. For me, since I wheel it a lot, I wanted the rk springs to operate to their full potential. That’s one of the main reasons I went with rk, is the insane flexibility.......:)

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I had my Mopar lift shocks on for a while waiting on my RRDs. The ride was great, they pair well with rk. The problem is your giving up about 3” of shock travel. For me, since I wheel it a lot, I wanted the rk springs to operate to their full potential. That’s one of the main reasons I went with rk, is the insane flexibility.......:)
Meaning the Mopar shocks aren't long enough, right? Limiting down travel? I was read that they kind of do that with the mopar springs so that doesn't surprise me. I would eventually probably get their RRDs too, but just not yet. Did the ride height change any from the mopar to the RK? So if my memory serves me correct, I think the RK spring rate is a little higher than the mopar springs. Adding a mopar steel bumper and winch made my front drop about 1/2. was looking to level that out with different springs because I don't want to add spacers. Similarly, I bought a travel trailer and was looking for stiffer springs in the rear for that.
Sponsored