Sponsored

Rock Krawler 2.5 X-Factor? w/ Fox 2.0 3.5-4”?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
@Roky It's all your fault...... just ordered a RK JL25NL-4S1 over Synergy because you speak so highly of them.... Now have to explain to the wife why I also need 37 inch tires to complete the package.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky It's all your fault...... just ordered a RK JL25NL-4S1 over Synergy because you speak so highly of them.... Now have to explain to the wife why I also need 37 inch tires to complete the package.
Awesome! My apologies to the wife.....:). which kit is it, does it include shocks?

OP
OP

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
My kit is coming in bit by bit and I'm hoping to ask a quick follow-up. I'm still waiting on my front springs, but going through all my parts, I don't see the circled items yet. I did order bump stops separate as I didn't see them listed on what was included in this lift and I'm wondering if that's what are pictured? Could anyone enlighten me on these parts. I don't want to contact River City until I know it's all been shipped, but it seems silly they wouldn't have been in the main hardware box.

https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JL25XF-4S1

RK 2.5.jpg

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My kit is coming in bit by bit and I'm hoping to ask a quick follow-up. I'm still waiting on my front springs, but going through all my parts, I don't see the circled items yet. I did order bump stops separate as I didn't see them listed on what was included in this lift and I'm wondering if that's what are pictured? Could anyone enlighten me on these parts. I don't want to contact River City until I know it's all been shipped, but it seems silly they wouldn't have been in the main hardware box.

https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JL25XF-4S1

RK 2.5.jpg
Yup. Those are your front and rear bumpstops.

Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I basically pieced together the same kit except for the shcoks. I already had some parts like the quick disconnects and track bar so I didn't want to buy a complete kit and have extra parts. Got a killer deal on the X factor arms, bumps and rear track bar relocation bracket from @River City Offroad. Was just going to go with shock extensions for now but came across a killer deal on Fox 2.0 shocks. Had a $250 gift certificate from RK so I got the 2.5" springs directly from them.

Scooter269

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR & 2019 Wrangler JLU sport S
@suicideTone I am looking at purchasing a Rock Krawler Lift kit. How is the X-factor and the shocks holding up since you purchased. I keep going back and forth between shocks as I have read several threads about the RRD 2.25 leaking. Was looking at the Fox shock package on northridge or maybe the Falcon 3.3's. So how are things?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
@suicideTone I am looking at purchasing a Rock Krawler Lift kit. How is the X-factor and the shocks holding up since you purchased. I keep going back and forth between shocks as I have read several threads about the RRD 2.25 leaking. Was looking at the Fox shock package on northridge or maybe the Falcon 3.3's. So how are things?
Leaky RRD's seem pretty common. I moved onto Fox's like a couple other have done.

Last edited:

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
RK says that the Falcons ride pretty stiff with their springs. My RRDs don't leak after 14.5k miles, never even seen anyone else complain about them leaking. I'll be on King coilovers before the end of this year anyway but the RRDs have been great for me.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
RK says that the Falcons ride pretty stiff with their springs. My RRDs don't leak after 14.5k miles, never even seen anyone else complain about them leaking. I'll be on King coilovers before the end of this year anyway but the RRDs have been great for me.
My RRDs also worked great, no leaking. I wanted some adjustability, and a little more extended length so I got the fox 2.5 resi DSC’s . These things are amazing....... jeoly about the coil overs though.lol.

Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
If you're concerned about ride quality, a tuned set of Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks would be the hot ticket. 2.5s are good for hard/fast aggressive offroading, but may be a little on the stiff side for street driving.

OP
OP

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Good timing. I just left the dealership and both my front shocks are blown. Emailed RiverCity Off-road and they got back to me immediately and they don’t even open for another 45 minutes. Gave me contact info for RockKrawler. Heard they are quick and helpful so staying optimistic. I did just start getting the clicking sound people say is usually the balljoints. If it’s still there when I replace the shocks I’ll wrench down the nuts on those.

OP
OP

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
RockKrawler responded almost immediately too and said they aren’t blown just what a rebuildable shock looks like if it hasn’t been cleaned in a while...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler 2.5 X-Factor? w/ Fox 2.0 3.5-4”? E244EC08-7564-4DE4-909E-BA20CE173A36

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
RockKrawler responded almost immediately too and said they aren’t blown just what a rebuildable shock looks like if it hasn’t been cleaned in a while...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler 2.5 X-Factor? w/ Fox 2.0 3.5-4”? E244EC08-7564-4DE4-909E-BA20CE173A36
Well one way to find out I guess. Clean off the shaft and check back in a week or few days to see.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Mine were doing that daily...... Very happy with my Fox 2.5's AccuTuned.
Sponsored