Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock Mod - Before / After Pics

JLRubiMD

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I didn't see much on the RK "stock mod" lift prior to buying it, took a chance, and love it. It is basically just their springs, front track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket, and rear sway bar links. Easy install, amazing ride. Wanted to post the measurement differences and before/after pics, for anyone interested. I added a fair amount of extra weight after the lift was installed (listed below), so if anything this seems like an under estimate of the height gain. Still impressed.

Before lift:
- 2018 JLUR w/ steel bumpers
- 37" KO2 (actual is 35.5")
- go rhino RB20 (very light steps)

RK 2.5" Stock Mod + Fox 2.0 shocks
- still a 2018 JLUR w/steel bumpers
- added Warn Zeon 10-S
- added LOD destroyer sliders (massively heavy)

Front Gain: 2.25"
Rear Gain: 1.25"

A few notes on this lift. Per Rock Krawler, it is a true 2.5" lift. This means without added weight, the lift will raise the front 2.5". I would guess it did exactly that for me, then I sagged 0.25" with the added winch and heavy as heck sliders.

These measurements are with the 37" KO2s (before) and RK lift + winch + LOD sliders (after)
01.PNG

02.PNG

No lift with 315/70/17 KO2s (actual 34" tire height)
IMG_5498.JPG

No lift with 37" KO2s (actual 35.5" tire height)
IMG_5499.JPG

RK 2.5" Added (before winch and LOD steps)
IMG_5561.JPG
Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! I was almost going to do the same as you but I waited long enough and went with the AEV 2.5 for my 2dr.

Aev wheels look awesome, one day for me

OP
OP
JLRubiMD

JLRubiMD

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks good! I was almost going to do the same as you but I waited long enough and went with the AEV 2.5 for my 2dr.

Aev wheels look awesome, one day for me
Nice, plus you scored the Procal SNAP for free with that kit. I installed it after the lift, works great. For the money, the AEV comes with a lot. How do the Bilstein shocks ride? My old JK felt stiff with Bilsteins (can't remember the series).

Highly recommend the AEV wheels (JL specific versions), between the extra 1" wheel width and JL specific backspacing, the stance is just perfect with the wider Rubicon axles. My tires stick out over 1.5" from the flares. Non-rubi axles would still look great as the same tire should still stick out 1".

STOCK wheels w/ 35x12.5" tires
Tires Sticking Out 02 edited.jpg

AFTER AEV Borahs (JL specific version) w/ 37x12.5" tires
IMG_5523 edited.jpg

Last edited:

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, plus you scored the Procal SNAP for free with that kit. I installed it after the lift, works great. For the money, the AEV comes with a lot. How do the Bilstein shocks ride? My old JK felt stiff with Bilsteins (can't remember the series).

Highly recommend the AEV wheels (JL specific versions), between the extra 1" wheel width and JL specific backspacing, the stance is just perfect with the wider Rubicon axles. My tires stick out over 1.5" from the flares. None rubi axles would still look great as the same tire should still stick out 1".

STOCK wheels w/ 35x12.5" tires
Tires Sticking Out 02 edited.jpg

AFTER AEV Borahs (JL specific version) w/ 37x12.5" tires
IMG_5523 edited.jpg
Well I don’t know if it was “free” haha. It was still pretty expensive, im in Canada also, and just ordered it through a dealer so if im lucky next weekend or after(july 20th ish) I’ll be able to get it installed.

Everyone I talked to never complained about the AEV lift, it makes sense for me. I like to travel and its my DD but i do enjoy a hard trail every now and again.

But yeah im a little nervous for the height I get, im a light 2dr. Im thinking 3” so hopefully its fine and drives good. Im thinking ill need to add a front trackbar to the lift, weird why AEV didn’t deem it necessary this time around.

OP
OP
JLRubiMD

JLRubiMD

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well I don’t know if it was “free” haha. It was still pretty expensive, im in Canada also, and just ordered it through a dealer so if im lucky next weekend or after(july 20th ish) I’ll be able to get it installed.

Everyone I talked to never complained about the AEV lift, it makes sense for me. I like to travel and its my DD but i do enjoy a hard trail every now and again.

But yeah im a little nervous for the height I get, im a light 2dr. Im thinking 3” so hopefully its fine and drives good. Im thinking ill need to add a front trackbar to the lift, weird why AEV didn’t deem it necessary this time around.
So true nothing is “Free”! I think I paid close to $1300 for the RK kit plus fox shocks, then had to buy the Procal on top of that.

I noticed some 2-3” lifts don’t include various things like adjustable track bars, longer sway links, ect. Mine had the front track bar and I did have to adjust it a tad longer to get the axle properly centered. Since every Jeep is just a tad different, my take on adjustable components is see what you need after the new alignment. That's why I went with the stock mod, I was thinking adjustable control arms wouldn’t be necessary for the size lift I was going for.

Please take before and after lift pics! I’d love to see the height difference. If I ever get bored of my current set up, I’ll probably swap the 2.5” springs for RK 3.5” springs. At least at this point, every time I walk up to my Jeep I still think it’s perfect height wise.

Last edited:

Sponsored

harry17815

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep, 2017 Infinity, 2021 C8 Vette
So true nothing is “Free”! I think I paid close to $1300 for the RK kit plus fox shocks, then had to buy the Procal on top of that.

I noticed some 2-3” lifts don’t include various things like adjustable track bars, longer sway links, ect. Mine had the front track bar and I did have to adjust it a tad longer to get the axle properly centered. Since every Jeep is just a tad different, my take on adjustable components is see what you need after the new alignment. That's why I went with the stock mod, I was thinking adjustable control arms wouldn’t be necessary for the size lift I was going for.

Please take before and after lift pics! I’d love to see the height difference. If I ever get bored of my current set up, I’ll probably swap the 2.5” springs for RK 3.5” springs. At least at this point, every time I walk up to my Jeep I still think it’s perfect height wise.
i just ordered Rock Krawler JLU 2.5 stock mod lift, with Fox 2.0 shocks,and RK X Factor front lower control arms. Free shipping and Tax came to $1324.18 with current specials through Morris 4 X 4.

Hold24

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 392
IMG_1740.JPG
i just ordered Rock Krawler JLU 2.5 stock mod lift, with Fox 2.0 shocks,and RK X Factor front lower control arms. Free shipping and Tax came to $1324.18 with current specials through Morris 4 X 4.
I just installed Rock Krawler adventure series stage 2 kit with fox shocks. This kit rides and handles amazing. I had the Dynatrac 2inch on my 18 jlur and rode like crap compared to this kit. Rock Krawler uses a softer spring rate and it shows in drive ability n comfort...

Last edited:

rrider

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Do you all have a problems with the AEV JL offset wheels and rubbing on the RK LCA with 37 inch tires? Thank you.

Hold24

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 392
Do you all have a problems with the AEV JL offset wheels and rubbing on the RK LCA with 37 inch tires? Thank you.
I’m running 35’s . I think I might scrub very little at
full lock ! I was thinking of running another lower control arm... I want to run my stock wheels with some all terrains when I take it to the beach ...

harry17815

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep, 2017 Infinity, 2021 C8 Vette
I didn't see much on the RK "stock mod" lift prior to buying it, took a chance, and love it. It is basically just their springs, front track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket, and rear sway bar links. Easy install, amazing ride. Wanted to post the measurement differences and before/after pics, for anyone interested. I added a fair amount of extra weight after the lift was installed (listed below), so if anything this seems like an under estimate of the height gain. Still impressed.

Before lift:
- 2018 JLUR w/ steel bumpers
- go rhino RB20 (very light steps)

RK 2.5" Stock Mod + Fox 2.0 shocks
- still a 2018 JLUR w/steel bumpers
- added Warn Zeon 10-S
- added LOD destroyer sliders (massively heavy)

Front Gain: 2.25"
Rear Gain: 1.25"

A few notes on this lift. Per Rock Krawler, it is a true 2.5" lift. This means without added weight, the lift will raise the front 2.5". I would guess it did exactly that for me, then I sagged 0.25" with the added winch and heavy as heck sliders.

These measurements are with the 37" KO2s (before) and RK lift + winch + LOD sliders (after)
01.PNG

02.PNG

No lift with 315/70/17 KO2s (actual 34" tire height)
IMG_5498.JPG

No lift with 37" KO2s (actual 35.5" tire height)
IMG_5499.JPG

RK 2.5" Added (before winch and LOD steps)
IMG_5561.JPG
I ordered my RK 2.5 stock mode kit before I read this feed. I didn't know there springs already compensated for the stock rake. According to your post there's 1" more lift to the front springs. My JLUR has exactly 1" rake the way it sits, so I also ordered 3/4" leveling spacer for front. Luckily they weren't that expensive, because I don't think I'm going to need them.

Sponsored

offrdnjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock Mod - Before / After Pics IMG_1740.JPG

I just installed Rock Krawler adventure series stage 2 kit with fox shocks. This kit rides and handles amazing. I had the Dynatrac 2inch on my 18 jlur and rode like crap compared to this kit. Rock Krawler uses a softer spring rate and it shows in drive ability n comfort...
Is this the 2.5 Rock Krawler kit? And what size Fox Shocks are they... for 2-3” lift? Your input is appreciated!

gabi0111

First Name
Gabi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport Bikini
I also had trouble finding reviews on it so I’ll add my experience.

I recently installed the Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5” lift on my 2 door Sport. I also added Bilstein 5100s, Method 702 wheels, and 35” Toyo Open Country AT3s.

I gained about 2.5-3” from the lift but I didn’t take exact measurements. With this setup the ride is a bit more firm than stock, but still comfortable and handles better in my opinion. I’ve only done some mild trails so far, but it’s done really well. Overall, very happy with my choice!

2C355F90-AF2D-48EF-B4BB-59258B557135.jpeg

E805BDBC-F0C4-4573-9865-67416F6DF28C.jpeg

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Help me understand this lift. I've never heard of the Stock Mod before. It lifts the Jeep 2.5 inches but you don't change out any control arms? I am still a newb (noob?) but wouldn't that throw caster off a good bit?

Edit: well I guess in hindsight this is no different than Dynatrac's lift and others as well coming without arms. I guess adding the Adventure series arms makes it an Adventure lift then.
Sponsored