Sponsored

Rock Krawler 2.5" Adventure Series 1 TT- 4 Door (Wrangler JL 2018+)

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed this kit with 35's. I also used RK's bumpstops kit along with MC durosprings. The RK directions said to use 2 bumpstop pucks in the front and one in the back with the extension bracket with 35" tires. I called metal cloak and they said there durosprings don't compress completely flat like the stocks on do they said they compress to about an inch. So I only used 1 bumpstop puck in the front and only the extension bracket in the back since the RK pucks are about an inch thick. You guys think I'm ok? I have not tested it out to see if I would rub the fender on a full flex but just from looking at it seems like it still might rub.
Since I’m not familiar with the MC bumps, I would cycle the suspension to be sure. You wanna make sure that your shocks aren’t bottoming out as well as check for rubbing at full stuff.
Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Hey so sorry didn’t see this till this morning!

Ive been a big fan of RK over the last few years, they have a great ride quality and still flex out and wheel amazing
AEV makes a good kit that’s overland geared so will perform well on back roads and dunes
Teraflex has left a bad taste with me. Ran their kit few years ago and by far was the worst I’ve ever ran. I’ll run rough country before theirs lol. It sagged so bad and parts looked absolutely terrible after a year. Customer service was garbage also
would you choose AEV or RK Adventure series for back roads and dunes and daily driving?

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
would you choose AEV or RK Adventure series for back roads and dunes and daily driving?
Hey sorry for late reply! Not much on these forums since the JT
I’d personally go with RK. Hands down one of the best on road manners kit I’ve experienced and with the new adventure arms you get the flex with no maintenance

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
did you get the kitput on? what do you think so far?
I installed it myself. Watched some YouTube videos and even then had to re-work some stuff. It's a good way to learn how your vehicle works. My experience with the RK kit is that it's super durable, strong, heavy duty, flexible, but also is very noisy. I've kept everything lubed, even using their expensive special grease and it always gets back to creaking. I'm slowly replacing parts as I can. I hate creaking.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I installed it myself. Watched some YouTube videos and even then had to re-work some stuff. It's a good way to learn how your vehicle works. My experience with the RK kit is that it's super durable, strong, heavy duty, flexible, but also is very noisy. I've kept everything lubed, even using their expensive special grease and it always gets back to creaking. I'm slowing replacing parts as I can. I hate creaking.
Do you know if you fall in the TSB of the bushings? That’s likely cause if you noise…

Merry Christmas brother……

https://store-z4byn7x2cd.mybigcommerce.com/content/RKTSB002.pdf

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I installed it myself. Watched some YouTube videos and even then had to re-work some stuff. It's a good way to learn how your vehicle works. My experience with the RK kit is that it's super durable, strong, heavy duty, flexible, but also is very noisy. I've kept everything lubed, even using their expensive special grease and it always gets back to creaking. I'm slowing replacing parts as I can. I hate creaking.
Yeah check out the TSB. I have the 3.5" X-factor and it's pretty quiet, even off-road.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Chiming in to say I have this lift, and love it. Details in my build thread. The people chiming in on this thread were invaluable with their feedback on JL suspension systems, when i asked. I used RK previously on my TJ's but knew nothing of JL stuff.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem brother…. Here’s a link to my rebuild of them in case you decide to do it. I think they’ll even cover so much fir labor, I didn’t ask about it cause I knew I would be doing it myself……..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ce-all-general-suspension-conversation.68964/
Thanks a lot! I haven't done anything to my JL in many months. Spent all summer and fall riding MTB as much as possible, so I've been totally out of touch with JL-related stuff.
Sponsored