Sponsored

Rock Krawler 2.5" Adventure Series 1 TT- 4 Door (Wrangler JL 2018+)

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to purchase a RK kit. What's the difference between the Adventure Series and X-Factor series? Also, any recommendations/feedback from the shows included with the Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits?
If your looking to get a RK kit, get on over to https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/ ASAP for a smokin deal. Trust me, I've been watching prices on RK kits for months and you will kicking yourself if you miss out. Marcus @River City Offroad will take care of you.
Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks. That is actually the site I have numerous browser windows open for. Just not sure which kit to get. Pricing does look very good. I was considering Metal Cloak and Clayton initially but have since added RK to the mix. Probably cannot go wrong with any of these three but RK pricing seems to be very good during Black Friday at River City.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Thanks. That is actually the site I have numerous browser windows open for. Just not sure which kit to get. Pricing does look very good. I was considering Metal Cloak and Clayton initially but have since added RK to the mix. Probably cannot go wrong with any of these three but RK pricing seems to be very good during Black Friday at River City.
I got the Adventure Series 2 from @River City Offroad and it includes adjustable rear upper control arms and fixed front lower control arms. That may be different from other sites. Marcus said this would fit good for my needs.

https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/JL35AS2-PKG-p/jl35as2-pkg.htm

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the tip. Got the Series 1, stage 1. I was originally going to get the Mopar kit, but this is more complete for less for the same or less money with the River City pricing. Now I need to figure out if I can run 35s on the stock wheels? I have read that you can run 35s on stock JLRUs, but I don't understand why if you run 35s on a lift kit they suggest 2" spacers on the bump stops? Also, I just noticed that the kit doesn't include sway bar end links for the front, are those not necessary for a Rubicon?

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thanks for the tip. Got the Series 1, stage 1. I was originally going to get the Mopar kit, but this is more complete for less for the same or less money with the River City pricing. Now I need to figure out if I can run 35s on the stock wheels? I have read that you can run 35s on stock JLRUs, but I don't understand why if you run 35s on a lift kit they suggest 2" spacers on the bump stops? Also, I just noticed that the kit doesn't include sway bar end links for the front, are those not necessary for a Rubicon?
The Rock Krawler arms are not bent in for tire clearance, they are bent up for ground clearance. You will also get significantly more travel with your lift.

Sponsored

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, people do it. I wouldn't. With the RK kit you're likely gonna need spacers. I run 3.5" backspacing on my 37s.
Yeah, I'll probably run spacers I guess. I really like the stock look. I need to do more research to figure out how large of spacers I would need. Thanks for the help.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Yeah, I'll probably run spacers I guess. I really like the stock look. I need to do more research to figure out how large of spacers I would need. Thanks for the help.
my buddy runs 12.5 on the stock wheel with his MC kit. Runnings synergy spacers 1 5/8? I think they are
Ive ran a 12.5 on stock wheel for few years along with a few friends I wheel with and no issues other than but kore wear on the center tread

DDFA277A-4F72-4B16-BC00-DB1101C23B41.jpeg

FF6D2DA7-CF09-4426-A724-8C2A9367FCB3.jpeg

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I just purchased the Rock Krawler 2.5” Adventure Series 1 Stage 1 kit from River City.

I confess to buying the more expensive Stage 1 shocks over the TT shocks simply because the former were in my budget (and because >$ = better??), but I frankly don’t know the difference.

Can somebody share what the practical differences are between the Stage 1 and TT shocks are?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased the Rock Krawler 2.5” Adventure Series 1 Stage 1 kit from River City.

I confess to buying the more experience Stage 1 shocks over the TT shocks simply because the former were in my budget (and because >$ = better??), but I frankly don’t know the difference.

Can somebody share what the practical differences are between the Stage 1 and TT shocks are?
If you’re talking about the RRD 2.25 shocks, there are a few differences. Since I’m a dumb ass caveman that can’t figure out how to post links, I have to do it this way......:facepalm:... it was to much to quote also....:).. imho, you made the right decision....:like:

4219E982-93B1-448C-AF80-0B3F5789DB47.jpeg
2F9D00A6-028B-47AE-BE00-17FDBD51092A.jpeg

Last edited:

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I confess to buying the more experience Stage 1 shocks over the TT shocks simply because the former were in my budget (and because >$ = better??), but I frankly don’t know the difference.

I did the same exact thing and had the same logic (>$=better)! I did read the descriptions of the shock, and it seems that the Stage 1 shocks are more similar to Fox 2.5s whereas the TT shocks are more similar to the stock or the old school style Rancho 5000. This was just my guess at what the differences are. I do like that the fact that they are light. I'm trying to keep this Jeep as light as possible for towing.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
my buddy runs 12.5 on the stock wheel with his MC kit. Runnings synergy spacers 1 5/8? I think they are
Ive ran a 12.5 on stock wheel for few years along with a few friends I wheel with and no issues other than but kore wear on the center tread

DDFA277A-4F72-4B16-BC00-DB1101C23B41.jpeg

FF6D2DA7-CF09-4426-A724-8C2A9367FCB3.jpeg
Thanks, I bought spacers yesterday, then 3 hours later ordered new wheels and tires, so I likely won't need the spacers, but my brother-in-law might for his Jeep. I started thinking about how much I just paid for 4 tires to be bought, mounted and balanced here on one of my company trucks, and decided to bite the bullet and take advantage of the holiday deals and buy 5 tires and rims mounted and balanced with TPMS sensors and a programmer to correct the spedo, and it wasn't that much more. I plan on selling my stock rims and tires and see how much of that money I can make back. It will give me peace of mind that I have the correct width of rim for tires.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Thanks, I bought spacers yesterday, then 3 hours later ordered new wheels and tires, so I likely won't need the spacers, but my brother-in-law might for his Jeep. I started thinking about how much I just paid for 4 tires to be bought, mounted and balanced here on one of my company trucks, and decided to bite the bullet and take advantage of the holiday deals and buy 5 tires and rims mounted and balanced with TPMS sensors and a programmer to correct the spedo, and it wasn't that much more. I plan on selling my stock rims and tires and see how much of that money I can make back. It will give me peace of mind that I have the correct width of rim for tires.
Nice! Easier to work on when having an offset wheel instead of a spacer too lol. Even tho it’s 5 extra lugs it always bothers me having to take them off when changing a u joint or even brakes lol

I was just talking to my buddy with the blue one in the picture about tire sensors, I don’t run any in my tires and the system doesn’t throw a light simply because it doesn’t see them to cause a low pressure signal until I wheel with him and I pick up his sensors hahaha

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I thought the kit calls for moving the stock rear sway bar links to the front. I already had the RK quick disconnect from a while back, so I just removed the rears and installed the new ones.
Sponsored