Sponsored

Rock Krawler 2.5 Adventure Front Adjustable Track Bar won't fit

calliejake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current JLU Rubi and 98 TJ. Past12 JKU Sahara, 92 Sahara
Any suggestions for getting the front track bar actually into the axle side bracket? It's too wide....
Sponsored

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
Any suggestions for getting the front track bar actually into the axle side bracket? It's too wide....
I had to use a pry bar and carefully spread the bracket just slightly to get mine in.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
The bracket by design is 1.625", many factory brackets are crushed slightly, likely from the factory over-tightening the bolt. I typically use a crescent wrench to open the bracket back up to its designed width or, as others have suggested, a prybar will do it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
calliejake

calliejake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current JLU Rubi and 98 TJ. Past12 JKU Sahara, 92 Sahara
Thanks - the pry bar worked - was a little nervous bending a bracket. Next question, any ideas for the brake line brackets? Seems it would have been easier to "peel" them off when the bracket was still installed to the lower control arm...I've bent the crap out of it with channel locks, but can't get it "open" enough to get the brake line out...cut off wheel?

I've installed a TJ and a JK lift in the last 6 months, but this one is throwing me...

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Thanks - the pry bar worked - was a little nervous bending a bracket. Next question, any ideas for the brake line brackets? Seems it would have been easier to "peel" them off when the bracket was still installed to the lower control arm...I've bent the crap out of it with channel locks, but can't get it "open" enough to get the brake line out...cut off wheel?

I've installed a TJ and a JK lift in the last 6 months, but this one is throwing me...
I cut them with a dremel. Took long enough.. If I hadn’t had a “few” barley pops at that point, an angle grinder with cut off wheel may have been quicker.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
You can cut them off like @Martindfletcher suggested. Otherwise, a solid set of vise grips on the bracket and a small prybar to start opening the bracket, then move to vice grips and channel locks.
Sponsored