Rock Jock Base Plate for 2018-2020 JL

Desert Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JL
Anyone with pics of this set up? Working through the endless options on flat towing set ups and have not seen this product “installed”.

Thanks
Sponsored

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
i just returned mine last week. Well made product just didn't fit my jeep

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
My understanding is that there are two different mounting plates depending on which model/bumper your Jeep came with.
I had the Currie set up on my previous JK and it worked beautifully. I liked how the towbar mounts were below the bumper, so I didn't have as tall of a riser to tow my lifted Jeep.
The Currie was not available yet when I bought the Gladiator, so I went with the Maximus-3 towbar mounts.

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
Let me clarify why it didn’t fit. I have the steel bumper and it didn’t fit because of the winch plate (I have a Warn plate). If you didn’t have a winch plate it would fit. It was a very solid piece and i really liked it because it could be quickly installed and removed so i could remove it once i got to my destination. I really didn’t want anything hanging down from the bumper.

I wound up with the Maximus-3 towbar mounts. They are also very nice, but not quickly removable. However and added benefit is the ability to put a closed loop shackle on the front now.

I don’t think you could go wrong with either one depending on your situation.
Sponsored