Rock Hard Patriot Series Aluminum Rear Bumper Owners

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
I have a simple question about this bumper. What is the distance from the tailgate to the rear edge of the bumper?

My spare tire mount moves in and out to be able to handle wheels with different back space measurements. I'm trying to determine if I pull the mount all the way out (furthest from the tailgate) will the bumper still interfere with the spare.

Can anyone tell me this measurement?

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
AVGeek99

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bumping this.

I was finally able to get out and adjust my spare tire mount. With the tire mount fully extended there is 4.5" of clearance between the tailgate and my spare.

The second image shows the relation of the spare to the factory hitch receiver. In pictures of the Patriot bumper the factory hitch receiver sticks out from the bumper about 1.5", though I don't know the exact measurement.

I'm thinking if the top plate on the Patriot bumper is 4.5" or less, then my spare should have enough clearance with out raising it higher, though it will be close.

Can anyone get a measurement of the top plate of the Patriot rear bumper?

Thanks,
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Hard Patriot Series Aluminum Rear Bumper Owners 20220131_170158_resized_1
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Hard Patriot Series Aluminum Rear Bumper Owners 20220131_171614_resized_1

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi, I have a Rockhard 4x4 steel rear bumper installed on my JL. It has the integrated receiver hitch, but otherwise probably shares the same dimensions.

I was not sure if I understood what measurement you wanted to learn about, but made this photo in case it is helpful for you. If I understand correctly the dimension is approximately 3-3/4".

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Hard Patriot Series Aluminum Rear Bumper Owners IMG_9679

Last edited:
OP
OP
AVGeek99

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, I have a Rockhard 4x4 steel rear bumper installed on my JL. It has the integrated receiver hitch, but otherwise probably shares the same dimensions.

I was not sure if I understood what measurement you wanted to learn about, but made this photo in case it is helpful for you. If I understand correctly the dimension is approximately 3-3/4".

That's exactly the measurement I was looking for. Chad from RockHard sales sent me a picture with a tape measure on the aluminum bumper. Looks like the Aluminum one appears to be 4", which should be within range for what I need. He sent me a quote for the front and rear bumpers today. I told him "looks great, lets do it".

Now another waiting game, but super excited to finally get this figured out. Now I gotta order a winch.

Thank you!!!

OP
OP
AVGeek99

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Finally got my bumpers and got them installed. The measurements you provided helped a lot. Thank you!! When I got the rear bumper on and closed the tailgate I was happy to see almost an inch of clearance. Thanks again!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Hard Patriot Series Aluminum Rear Bumper Owners 20220424_162402

Sponsored

shooting4625

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming soon 2023 2door wrangler Rubicon
Finally got my bumpers and got them installed. The measurements you provided helped a lot. Thank you!! When I got the rear bumper on and closed the tailgate I was happy to see almost an inch of clearance. Thanks again!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Hard Patriot Series Aluminum Rear Bumper Owners 20220424_162402
I am going to be installing the same aluminum bumper on my new JL when it arrives and I realize the tire will have to go up and out a little, so I am wondering what is your tire carrier set up, do you have the reinforcement hinge ?

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

And I'm wondering what size tire we are talking about?

OP
OP
AVGeek99

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am going to be installing the same aluminum bumper on my new JL when it arrives and I realize the tire will have to go up and out a little, so I am wondering what is your tire carrier set up, do you have the reinforcement hinge ?
I have the TeraFlex Alpha HD Carrier and Reinforced hinge. It is moved to the top setting and pulled 3/4ths of the way out, maybe a little more. My tires are 315x70R17. Also, with the current configuration my rear parking sensors work perfectly.

OP
OP
AVGeek99

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I'm wondering what size tire we are talking about?
I currently have 315x70R17s. There is plenty of room to go to 37x12.5, which I may do after I get lifted.
Sponsored